Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military and CLEP
Hi I am an E-3 located in Nebraska. I was just wondering about the experiences other military members have had with CLEPs after using Instantcert.com.

I am currently working on my BS and need to CLEP

Mathematics
Social Science
English Comp
6 managment credits

to complete my CCAF so I can receive my Bachelors in June 2010. Will this program help me accomplish these CLEPs? How have some of you military folk done on your CLEPs after using this service?
i'm an e-3 in pensacola, fl. i just finished my navy "a" school and wanted to finally get a college degree. i joined instantcert about 6 weeks ago and have passed 12 clep/dsst tests in that time with no failures, averaging 2-3 tests per week with a score usually in the upper sixties or low seventies. i've earned 42 credits in that time, and, along with my military training, i should only be about 10 credits shy of my associate's degree, though i'm sure not all of the credits i've earned will transfer perfectly.

instantcert is my primary study source, though i've used wikipedia and utube to suppliment here and there along with hippocampus.org and khanacademy.org for some good videos on math, economics, biology, geology, etc. i usually cram about 2-3 days for some of the "easier" tests and about a week for the 6-credit tests or those with a reputation for being "hard". use the forums here for specific info you'll need to know about each test and check with your college to make sure the tests you want to take will be accepted by them.

anyway, it can be done. good luck!
unknownangellq Wrote:Hi I am an E-3 located in Nebraska. I was just wondering about the experiences other military members have had with CLEPs after using Instantcert.com.

I am currently working on my BS and need to CLEP

Mathematics
Social Science
English Comp
6 managment credits

to complete my CCAF so I can receive my Bachelors in June 2010. Will this program help me accomplish these CLEPs? How have some of you military folk done on your CLEPs after using this service?

I'm an Airman on Whidbey and I can tell you the more tests you take, the easier they get. Instant Cert is great for studying, as is the Instancert member area of this forum. DSST's are relatively easier than CLEP's so I would try and shoot for those if you could. Just keep in mind the test specific threads on this site are a BIG clue for what's actually on the test. You can use those to study DSST's and pass with flying colors. Let me know how it goes.
I'm an E-7 stationed in Germany, Thanks for the advice regarding Khan academy. To be honest I never heard of it, but it's excellent and I am sure in need of math help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,930 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,862 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,581 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,534 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,775 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,875 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,925 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,258 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,359 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,298 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant