Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military waiver for residency charge at tesu
as active duty military do you have to pay the residency waiver at tesu? Or is that cost waived because of active service? I’m getting mixed information on this topic.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

The last I heard, Active-Duty does NOT have to pay the residency waiver if you get residency - which you can get by taking TECEP's as well as courses.  So, you take your Capstone and Cornerstone at $250/cr, and you take 6 LL TECEP's at $75 each, and you are good to go.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ANYONE ELSE!!!  ONLY ACTIVE-DUTY MILITARY.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-23-2019, 11:20 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The last I heard, Active-Duty does NOT have to pay the residency waiver if you get residency - which you can get by taking TECEP's as well as courses.  So, you take your Capstone and Cornerstone at $250/cr, and you take 6 LL TECEP's at $75 each, and you are good to go.

My understanding is that this will work for Military Spouses as well. This is my current plan that I am enrolled under but for what ever reason ( It’s the writing)  I am terrified of Teceps
(05-08-2019, 03:54 PM)ECH90 Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 11:20 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The last I heard, Active-Duty does NOT have to pay the residency waiver if you get residency - which you can get by taking TECEP's as well as courses.  So, you take your Capstone and Cornerstone at $250/cr, and you take 6 LL TECEP's at $75 each, and you are good to go.

My understanding is that this will work for Military Spouses as well. This is my current plan that I am enrolled under but for what ever reason ( It’s the writing)  I am terrified of Teceps

I just didn't want a non-military affiliated person to use this advice and then come back freaking out because it didn't apply to them.

TECEP's are not that bad - especially if you choose the right ones.  My suggestions, if you only want multiple choice: Applied Liberal Arts Math, Computers, Sociology, Nutrition, etc.  If you don't mind some typing, the LL courses aren't too bad.  Public Speaking, Tech Writing, Tech Comm, Environmental Ethics, Marriage & Family, Psychology of Women should all be doable.

Stick with the LL TECEP's, as the UL are more expensive (LL=$25/cr vs. UL=$75/cr).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-08-2019, 10:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 03:54 PM)ECH90 Wrote:

I just didn't want a non-military affiliated person to use this advice and then come back freaking out because it didn't apply to them.

TECEP's are not that bad - especially if you choose the right ones.  My suggestions, if you only want multiple choice: Applied Liberal Arts Math, Computers, Sociology, Nutrition, etc.  If you don't mind some typing, the LL courses aren't too bad.  Public Speaking, Tech Writing, Tech Comm, Environmental Ethics, Marriage & Family, Psychology of Women should all be doable.

Stick with the LL TECEP's, as the UL are more expensive (LL=$25/cr vs. UL=$75/cr)
Yes that is a good point! I will look in to those.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,929 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,575 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,533 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,773 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,874 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Application Fee Waiver ECH90 2 2,619 09-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ECH90
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,347 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,924 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,358 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU- Admission kruxalk20 15 3,368 02-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL