Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing 8 credits for ASNSM in CS
(01-30-2018, 02:50 PM)posabsolute Wrote: That's weird and concerning, I just asked it to the enrollment office, here what they said:

Dear Mr,

Yes, that is correct there used to be a Theory Requirement in old catalogs of this degree but now you may follow the evaluation as indicated.

Have a good day.

We already know TESU is inconsistent, but it can be weird and concerning!

I would be unhappy that I was told something so differently just 2 weeks ago. I even asked if there was a newer catalog because I thought that the requirements had been relaxed. Maybe I will ask again, but I feel that the Advisor I communicated with is pretty careful to verify things, especially since I re-asked.

You may want to ask again, but if you can do it, that's great. It's possible my ASNSM-Bio catalog is what is causing the issue.

Hmmm, I just ran an ASNSM CS eval, and it says all I am missing is 1 computer science credit. Think I will knock out at least one TEEX before the end of February, submit the ACE, then email TESU to verify that I have met the requirements.

I had a spreadsheet for ASNSM CS a while back, but as I recall the requirements to complete the degree were a much bigger pain in the butt than the ASNSM Math, so I deleted it. Wouldn´t that be wild if what I was looking at just a few months ago went from several courses requiring loads of time and $1200 or more, to 1 little free online course? Big Grin
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(01-31-2018, 02:14 PM)StoicJ Wrote: Hmmm, I just ran an ASNSM CS eval, and it says all I am missing is 1 computer science credit. Think I will knock out at least one TEEX before the end of February, submit the ACE, then email TESU to verify that I have met the requirements.

I had a spreadsheet for ASNSM CS a while back, but as I recall it was a much bigger pain in the butt than the ASNSM Math, so I deleted it. Wouldn´t that be wild if what I was looking at just a few months ago went from several courses requiring loads of time and $1200 or more, to 1 little free online course? Big Grin

I think it would be awesome, we would be the first to get the degree in that format in June Wink

I asked more info to academic advising, I saw they already fixed other errors, so this is looking more and more like a possibility.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(01-31-2018, 02:34 PM)posabsolute Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 02:14 PM)StoicJ Wrote: Hmmm, I just ran an ASNSM CS eval, and it says all I am missing is 1 computer science credit. Think I will knock out at least one TEEX before the end of February, submit the ACE, then email TESU to verify that I have met the requirements.

I had a spreadsheet for ASNSM CS a while back, but as I recall it was a much bigger pain in the butt than the ASNSM Math, so I deleted it. Wouldn´t that be wild if what I was looking at just a few months ago went from several courses requiring loads of time and $1200 or more, to 1 little free online course? Big Grin

I think it would be awesome, we would be the first to get the degree in that format in June Wink

I asked more info to academic advising, I saw they already fixed other errors, so this is looking more and more like a possibility.

True! If I switched from Math to CS, my last credits would be BUS421 in April instead of Linear Algebra in July, so June 2018 grad! I sure hope it works Smile

Who do you have for BUS421? I have Ness.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
Pretty much confirmed this will work at this point, from Academic Advising:

3. You are correct, there is no Theory section for your Computer Science electives. Any Computer Information Systems (CIS) or Computer Science (COS) courses will satisfy this requirement. Also, Network Technology (CMP-354) will work as well.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
[-] The following 1 user Likes posabsolute's post:
  • StoicJ
I'm still being told I have to do the 9 theory credits for an ASNSM-CS degree and probably won't pursue this any more.

I find it hard to believe that they'd give CS degrees and allow you to use anything CIS / COS, with no specific requirements. That would be more like a CIS degree not CS, at least for the people who only did a couple COS courses, because someone could complete the degree without taking programming, operating systems, discrete math, calc II or III, etc?

I don't get this, can you privately tell me the name of the person? Let's align them, I don't want to do all this for nothing.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
Are you guys mixing up the Bachelor's and the Associate's?
(01-31-2018, 05:23 PM)Ideas Wrote: I'm still being told I have to do the 9 theory credits for an ASNSM-CS degree and probably won't pursue this any more.

I find it hard to believe that they'd give CS degrees and allow you to use anything CIS / COS, with no specific requirements. That would be more like a CIS degree not CS, at least for the people who only did a couple COS courses, because someone could complete the degree without taking programming, operating systems, discrete math, calc II or III, etc?

You're probably under an old catalog version.  Ask them to remove the evaluation for ASNSM-CS.  Then after a week or so ask them to run an evaluation for it.  You have nothing to lose by trying...
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

How does one go about adding the ASNSM-CS to their active programs list? I'm assuming you just simply shoot TESU an email? Are there any additional fees to doing so?

I'm a BSBA CIS major hoping to graduate in June, and the unofficial evaluation for the ASNSM-CS shows that I have all of the requirements fulfilled already, so that would be great if I could pick up an extra degree along the way.
BSBA:CIS & ASNSM:CS from TESU - June 2018 Graduation

CLEP: A&I Lit., Intro Sociology, Biology, Western Civ. I & II, US History I & II, American Government, Intro Psychology, Macroecon., Microecon., Princ. of Management, Princ. of Marketing, Intro Business Law, Financial Accounting
DSST: Ethics in America, Intro to World Religions, Computing and Information Systems, Princ. of Finance, Management Information Systems
CollegePlus: Comparative Worldviews, Social Justice
Lumerit: English Comp. I & II, Intro to Business
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Intro to Stats
Saylor: Corporate Communications
TECEP: Managerial Accounting. Business in Society, Network Technology
Study.com: Comm 101, Digital Marketing and Advertising
Straighterline: Intro to Programming C++
CSU-Global CBE: Information Systems Analysis and Design
TESU: BUS-421

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,538 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,957 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 719 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,260 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 526 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 409 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,841 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,976 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,890 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,801 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77