Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Friendly Learning
Next week I will be doing some travelling and I will be spending some time on a greyhound bus, and on airplanes, plus with layovers, inevitable delays, etc. means there will be lots of time for studying and coursework. However, I'm packing light and don't want to bring a laptop with me and I don't own a tablet. This mean all my studying will need to be mobile friendly. I will have my cell phone and a notebook as well as pens and pencils.

I was thinking about trying out instacerts new courses specifically the accounting one. Does anyone know if IC's accounting course is mobile friendly? Obviously the final exam is not, but what about the rest of the course? Would it be doable from a mobile browser and using pencil and paper to take notes? Anyone know if any of the Instacert courses are mobile friendly?

Also I've never tried straighterline at all. Do they work from a mobile browser?

I've also never tried TEEX courses. Are those mobile friendly?

If you have any suggestions please let me know and I already know about study.com's mobile app, but honestly I've done all the study.com courses I need and I want to try something different if I can.
Hi natshar,

We have now opened up the study questions so you can try them out without logging in. I would say to check out our first couple of Financial Accounting lessons on your cell phone and see what you think. I've done a bunch of our lessons on my phone and find it pleasant to use:
https://www.instantcertcredit.com/courses/5

Also, keep in mind that we do offer a 30-Day money back guarantee, so you can always request a refund if you don't end up liking it.

Thanks!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes sgloer's post:
  • Muldoon
I think onlinedegree.com is mobile friendly. Modernstates has an app, if you don’t mind taking CLEP exams.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019
I've worked on SDC and MS through their apps just fine and I've worked on Instacert Credit and Sophia through the browser just fine.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I only use my mobile. I use Safari browser on an old iPhone 5s. I’m going to have to dust off my laptop to take exams. Here’s what I’d recommend, in this order:

Instantcert Credit:
SO mobile friendly and going to be your most pleasant learning experience for traveling, because each lesson is around 5 minutes you won’t have the frustrations of losing your spot.

Sophia - another that I love using with my cell

OnlineDegree.com - completely mobile friendly. But again, long 45 minute videos might be tough to watch while traveling. Maybe do a mix and watch these videos while you know you won’t be interrupted and do the IC courses when you’ve got a few minutes here and there.

Teex - can’t beat free. But, monotonous, only use this course option if you have to. Seriously I stopped after the first 3, which I worked through slowly. It’s mostly mobile friendly but you’ll have to pinch-squeeze and adjust occasionally if you have a browser comparable to mine. It can be done though.

The Institutes Ethics course was mobile friendly.

Modernstates isn’t as mobile friendly as I’d like to see. It’s clunky and some courses are not completely available etc. I’d just go with laptop on this unless you run out of other courses.

I can’t speak about Straighterline since I haven’t used it yet. SDC is great. And Saylor might be mobile friendly, that’s another provider I haven’t really used.
[-] The following 2 users Like bethanyneedsajob's post:
  • Muldoon, suzycupcake
Study.com's app is great, you won't have any problems with that
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TEL Learning Still Operational knaves 5 1,005 03-19-2023, 12:59 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Sophia Learning - New membership levels and pricing carrythenothing 26 6,272 04-22-2022, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Mobile App for Learning (on the go) bjcheung77 3 746 01-16-2022, 10:00 AM
Last Post: BitWiseGuy
  Sophia Learning, help me to decide, please. damarisrodri 11 2,078 06-14-2021, 02:32 AM
Last Post: damarisrodri
  Sophia Learning now just $79 Monthly OR $149 YEAR~! Prof.Gringo 77 15,694 11-26-2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Sophia Public Speaking - ADA Violation - UPDATE: They are now deaf friendly! ashkir 14 1,801 11-04-2020, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Cheap distant learning/online credits. 000 21 3,081 10-21-2020, 11:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SOPHIA Learning okikuma 52 7,545 08-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Took 6 Sophia Learning Courses in 2 months and passed them all, listing my thoughts tanc 50 25,615 06-09-2020, 10:28 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Has anyone taken study.coms digital or mobile forensics? Areyes2511 2 1,008 04-07-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77