Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern States Test Center Fee Reimbursement
(Not sure where to put this since it's CLEP so probably doesn't belong in the "other sources of credit" category)

I know that, in addition to the CLEP vouchers, Modern States will also reimburse you for the test center fees if you provide them with your receipt. However, my test center doesn't give receipts, so I'm wondering if any of you have experience with what other documents Modern States might be able to use or how to talk a testing center into giving you some sort of receipt

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Weird. So you gave them money to buy a product or service but they refused to give you a receipt? Wouldn't there be some kind of rule or regulations that would require them to produce a receipt for you? Even if it's email or something...
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I just ask for a copy when I go to my testing center.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Yeah, that's super odd. Is this testing center a college/university? If it is, I would try contacting the cashier's office. Did they send you a test center registration confirmation e-mail? That's the other thing besides a receipt that Modern States says in their e-mail they will accept.

I mean, ultimately the CLEP and Modern States can't help you in this situation. All they can show is that you used the voucher and took the exam, but not whether or not you paid a fee. You can maybe ask them if they will accept a copy of a bank/credit card statement. That may work, depending on how the charge is listed.

If you paid cash and they are refusing to give you a receipt you might just be out of luck. I would definitely find a new test center if they can't do something simple like type out an invoice.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(08-22-2018, 04:39 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: (Not sure where to put this since it's CLEP so probably doesn't belong in the "other sources of credit" category)

I know that, in addition to the CLEP vouchers, Modern States will also reimburse you for the test center fees if you provide them with your receipt. However, my test center doesn't give receipts, so I'm wondering if any of you have experience with what other documents Modern States might be able to use or how to talk a testing center into giving you some sort of receipt

Modern States also requires a report from the College Board stating what grade you made on the exam. I think even a handwritten note from the testing center stating how much you paid and that you took the test, when combined with the College Board exam, would be enough to satisfy them. You can always shoot Modern States an email too. They're usually very helpful.
Yeah, this test center is a little weird. It's at a community college, but they don't have a separate cashier's office to pay for tests, you just bring a check (and only checks are accepted) to pay. And there's no "official" confirmation of anything, you just talk to someone and get a time scheduled. It's all quite strange.

It's not that they've REFUSED to give a receipt (I haven't been pushy yet - my last CLEP I paid for out of pocket because when I purchased the exam I didn't know about Modern States yet, but I asked for future reference and they said they didn't have receipts.)

Completed:

Up Next:

(08-22-2018, 05:15 PM)alexf.1990 Wrote: Modern States also requires a report from the College Board stating what grade you made on the exam. I think even a handwritten note from the testing center stating how much you paid and that you took the test, when combined with the College Board exam, would be enough to satisfy them. You can always shoot Modern States an email too. They're usually very helpful.

Modern States does not require a report from the College Board. I just submitted a request for the testing center reimbursement without the report and it was approved.
I would make a copy of the check and take it with you, with whatever sensitive info blacked out and write on there, this was received on ___ as payment for the testing fee of _____ exam. You have done it for them, they just have to sign it.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(08-22-2018, 08:08 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Yeah, this test center is a little weird. It's at a community college, but they don't have a separate cashier's office to pay for tests, you just bring a check (and only checks are accepted) to pay. And there's no "official" confirmation of anything, you just talk to someone and get a time scheduled. It's all quite strange.

It's not that they've REFUSED to give a receipt (I haven't been pushy yet - my last CLEP I paid for out of pocket because when I purchased the exam I didn't know about Modern States yet, but I asked for future reference and they said they didn't have receipts.)

Go to the bursar's office with your check. Tell them you are about to pay a testing center fee and require a receipt. They'll be able to give you one, even if they have to call a testing center staff member down, that's ok, but explain that you need documentation of this transaction "for your records."
Thanks for the advice. Got this email response from Modern States today:

Quote:We can accept a scan or screenshot of the transaction on your bank statement. When you are ready to request reimbursement, please complete this form:

https://modernstates.org/test-center-reimbursement/

Sadie Glenn
Operations Coordinator
Modern States Education Alliance

Guess I'll wait until the test center cashes the check and hopefully the screenshot of my bank statement will work.
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • MNomadic

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 197 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 503 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 952 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,582 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  I want Modern States to be in every student’s wheelhouse bjcheung77 0 382 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Modern States: At 60... & ICYMI... bjcheung77 2 397 08-28-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 396 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  More than a third of community college students have vanished in the United States JPN 18 2,147 04-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 949 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Legitimacy of "US Dept of Edu Student Information Center" FrHaseKopf 4 864 06-14-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing