Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern States announces additional funding, continued CLEP vouchers
Quote:Modern States Education Alliance Marks Second Anniversary With Additional $1.3 Million in Gifts and Over 150,000 Students
Philanthropy Helps All Learners Earn College Credit for Free

• Modern States is now America’s leading free college program

• In two years, over 150,000 students registered for free courses on ModernStates.org

• Program is entirely free for students; no barrier to entry
New York (August 13, 2019) – Modern States Education Alliance, a philanthropy dedicated to making a college degree more affordable and accessible to everyone, today announced that it received an additional gift from its founder and CEO Steve Klinsky, and grants from foundations including the Achelis and Bodman Foundation, the Laura B. Vogler Foundation and The Starr Foundation. The Heckscher Foundation for Children also has partnered with Modern States, providing funds to New York City public schools in Harlem and the Bronx to facilitate adoption of Modern States.

The support of these foundations will help Modern States continue to provide a free path to college for all kinds of learners.

“We are very grateful for the growing levels of support from outstanding and like-minded foundations,” said Klinsky, who conceived of the Modern States program originally and paid for the program’s courses to be developed. “No one should be blocked from education by lack of funds. The new grants and gifts for Modern States help ensure that many thousands of students can learn at a college level, save on tuition, and move one step closer to earning their diploma.”

“Tens of thousands of poor and underserved youth fail to obtain a degree due to the high cost associated with attending college,” said Peter Sloane, chairman and CEO of The Heckscher Foundation. “There is no better way to obtain free credits for college than Modern States.”

“I’ve seen firsthand hundreds of students benefit from this extraordinary opportunity to earn free college credit,” said Darrin Theriault, director of academic testing at Kennesaw State University in Georgia. “Modern States' Freshman Year for Free has been a game changer in many students' lives.”

"Modern States provides a great opportunity for students to prepare for CLEP exams and earn college credit, free of charge,” said Emily Paulsen, executive director of CLEP for The College Board. “The Modern States courses are a great resource for working students, service members, and students of all ages and backgrounds to ultimately save on tuition and get a head start on their college degrees.” 

https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/E0eDCG...qrlocQBPHP
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • Nixi, quigongene, ss20ts
They definitely deserve it! I’m truly thankful for them covering my College Composition CLEP Exam. Even though their courses aren’t enough to pass a CLEP test, it’s still a fantastic starting point for anybody wanting to get involved with testing out of courses.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
I'm so excited to see their funding extended. Wink
This is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019
That's great! I recently noticed there's a CLEP testing center about a mile from me. It's just my luck that they started administering CLEPS a year after I graduated lol!
Sorry for the huge font on this post, i did it from my phone and didn't notice it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Here's and update on Modern States
Modern States Education Alliance Increases Gift to Help Any Student Afford College and Earn College Credit for Free (globenewswire.com)
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • jch, rachel83az
(02-07-2021, 06:26 PM)Alpha Wrote: Here's and update on Modern States
Modern States Education Alliance Increases Gift to Help Any Student Afford College and Earn College Credit for Free (globenewswire.com)

This is from March 2019.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Mmmm.  Maybe I shouldn't post while watching TV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • jamshid666

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 562 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 947 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Foreigner: any way to get a degree online - no CLEP DSST tomokaicho 21 2,497 01-22-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Decision Time - Straighterline, CLEP, DSST, or Study.com dh5150 22 3,045 08-29-2020, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Brand new - looking for courses similar to Modern States kevie 14 2,817 02-18-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Giantzebra
  CLEP BIOLOGY chelledward28 6 1,434 02-01-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: alab21
  Anybody use SDC for clep/dsst prep? SCYankee 7 1,224 01-30-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: diminutive
  Embry Riddle ACE and CLEP articulation Plancked 5 2,286 01-26-2020, 12:13 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Accounting = CLEP Accounting? SCYankee 4 1,495 12-27-2019, 02:39 AM
  Courser -another college CLEP/ DSST? LadySearchDog 3 1,160 11-06-2019, 03:38 PM