Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More international demand & ladies at Biz School...
Even with the ongoing pandemic and travel restrictions, it seems there's a demand for Business Schools or a Business education.  From the article, there's an international demand - international applications to Top US schools went up.  It also seems apparent that for the degree seekers, there are more and more ladies applying, as society heads into the direction of becoming equal for the genders I guess. Link: Surge In International Demand And More Women At Business Schools (forbes.com)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
More young women (under 25) are enrolled in college than young men.  The gap widens when you look at college completion.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20...ompletion/
Way more girls are going to college than boys these days. They bypassed men years ago.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you read the article that was posted, it's really only talking about MBAs, which buck the general trend for gender percentages in higher ed. Women make up less than 50% of MBA students both in the US and internationally, according to what I have read. The article talks about international figures, and here is one source of US figures: https://www.clearadmit.com/percentage-of...-students/
(12-02-2021, 02:37 PM)wow Wrote: If you read the article that was posted, it's really only talking about MBAs, which buck the general trend for gender percentages in higher ed. Women make up less than 50% of MBA students both in the US and internationally, according to what I have read. 
I don't think anyone claimed that women make up the majority of MBA students.  The claim is that the percentage of female applicants is increasing.  Clearly if it continues to increase, a trend that appears to be occurring, then at some point in the near future they might become the majority.  Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hit the 50% mark within the next few years.
(12-02-2021, 04:01 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 02:37 PM)wow Wrote: If you read the article that was posted, it's really only talking about MBAs, which buck the general trend for gender percentages in higher ed. Women make up less than 50% of MBA students both in the US and internationally, according to what I have read. 
I don't think anyone claimed that women make up the majority of MBA students.  The claim is that the percentage of female applicants is increasing.  Clearly if it continues to increase, a trend that appears to be occurring, then at some point in the near future they might become the majority.  Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hit the 50% mark within the next few years.

Hmmm .... maybe message boards leave a lot of room for misinterpretation.

I wasn't claiming that anyone claimed that women make up the majority of MBA students. Here's what I was thinking when I was reading the thread and then posted:

"BJ posted an article about applications to MBA programs and said more women pursuing business degrees could be part of an equalizing trend. Alpha posted that more young women are enrolled in college than men, and dfrecore seconded that. But ... what does women's undergrad enrollment have to do with MBAs? Does the article claim that fewer women are in college than men? No. Did BJ? No. OK, I guess I'll make a post bringing this back to MBAs."
(12-02-2021, 04:13 PM)wow Wrote:

... what does women's undergrad enrollment have to do with MBAs? 

The article cited by BJ indicated that the numbers are trending upward re MBA applications from women.  They have not reached parity yet and the article I cited supports the idea that this will occur in the near future.  If you were only saying that the number, at this point, has yet to reach 50% then it's probably true that we've had a simple misunderstanding.  Since the entire article was about the fact that the numbers, though increasing, have yet to reach parity I was under the impression that you were making another point.  If I was wrong about that then I apologize.  I would only add that I don't see the need to "bring this back to MBAs" because, in my mind, it's all the same phenomenon.
[Image: 1*-fXKvfupJw6OUDLTo3CzhA.jpeg]
(12-02-2021, 04:13 PM)wow Wrote:

Hmmm .... maybe message boards leave a lot of room for misinterpretation.

I wasn't claiming that anyone claimed that women make up the majority of MBA students. Here's what I was thinking when I was reading the thread and then posted:

"BJ posted an article about applications to MBA programs and said more women pursuing business degrees could be part of an equalizing trend. Alpha posted that more young women are enrolled in college than men, and dfrecore seconded that. But ... what does women's undergrad enrollment have to do with MBAs? Does the article claim that fewer women are in college than men? No. Did BJ? No. OK, I guess I'll make a post bringing this back to MBAs."

My point was that WAY more women graduate college than men, and more women get master's degrees than men, and more women get doctoral degrees than men, so eventually it will happen to specific ones like the MBA.  It's just a question of numbers at this point.  Bringing it right back to MBA's for you. You're welcome.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,611 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 197 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 320 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 437 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 256 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ACSOM - Caribbean Medical School (New!) bjcheung77 9 1,035 09-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,016 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  High School online from the UK | 9 months, A Levels equivalent in the US elcastor21 7 587 08-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Need school like ASU Universal Learner Program aetosdios 8 1,282 08-08-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: MNomadic