Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More new Sophia Courses on the way(including UL!)
(12-01-2021, 05:41 PM)BitWiseGuy Wrote: I just tried asking the chat rep as to when the courses would be available, but they basically said they don't announce in advance and that we'll just have to wait until they're published on their website.

I tried manually entering the course name into the URL (app.sophia.org/online-courses/principles-of-management) and got the following error message which suggests the course has at least been created in their system:

[img]blob:https://www.degreeforum.net/b3fc12a1-b16b-4d0e-b04f-5c71268aa59e[/img]
Error Text: Oops. You're not able to take this course right now. Contact your learning coach for more info.

Update: I just checked the Sophia website and I both see the Principles of Management and Discover the Writer in You courses are now open for registration, but I don't see the Student Success course displayed yet.

Also, the Principles of Management course consists of 4 milestones (i.e. tests), 16 challenge assessments (i.e. quizzes), and 1 touchstone.

While, the Discover the Writer in You course consists of 12 challenge assessments (i.e. quizzes) and 5 touchstones.
[-] The following 4 users Like BitWiseGuy's post:
  • carebear_007, Pikachu, rachel83az, Tedium
Hi! I was wondering if Discover the Writer in You could be transferable to TESU
(01-06-2022, 01:21 PM)enantiodromia Wrote: Hi! I was wondering if Discover the Writer in You could be transferable to TESU

Possibly. But we don't have any reports of anyone doing so yet. We only know what the courses transfer in as after students report back here.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-06-2022, 01:34 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 01:21 PM)enantiodromia Wrote: Hi! I was wondering if Discover the Writer in You could be transferable to TESU

Possibly. But we don't have any reports of anyone doing so yet. We only know what the courses transfer in as after students report back here.
I see, right! Thank you for explaining this point
Discover the Writer in You seems like an interesting course, I haven't taken it, my membership ran out so I'm focusing on other courses until I want to renew Sophia.org... hopefully when I renew, they'll have some more Upper Level options for me to take a crack at, I love their dashboard/learning management system the most!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • uncapentin
I'll try doing several of the "unknown" courses when I renew, but I'm not sure when that's going to be. I'm fairly confident that Principles of Management will transfer to TESU, and I want that. The others would just be for curiosity.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I’m really excited about this. Almost done with College Algebra, so I’ll take a crack at Principles of Management when I’m done in the next few days. I didn’t realize it was UL. I know it shouldn’t duplicate the CLEP, but I’m curious to see how schools will accept it.

I love Sophia, I just wish they had an app like Study.com. Then they’d really be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Also, COSC needs to get on the ball with their review of Sophia courses. Excelsior already has their page updated with the new courses.

IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(02-02-2022, 11:10 AM)Tedium Wrote: I’m really excited about this. Almost done with College Algebra, so I’ll take a crack at Principles of Management when I’m done in the next few days. I didn’t realize it was UL. I know it shouldn’t duplicate the CLEP, but I’m curious to see how schools will accept it.

I love Sophia, I just wish they had an app like Study.com. Then they’d really be amazing.

Also, COSC needs to get on the ball with their review of Sophia courses. Excelsior already has their page updated with the new courses.

I don't know about all schools, but I do know TESU and EC (at least, in the past):

TESU will bring in both an UL and LL course that are similar, so if they gave Sophia's Management course an UL, it would be MAN-301, and the LL version is MAN-210, and they don't duplicate, and you could use the UL course in the core as your 1 UL core course, or you could use it in the AoS as an UL elective and do the LL in the core.

EC considers them duplicates, you can only bring in either an UL or LL, so you're better off doing the UL if it's available.  Not sure what they'll bring it in as in this instance, but they generally stick to ACE recommendations.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Tedium
(12-03-2021, 03:14 PM)rachel83az Wrote: FWIW, Davar's page says that their Principles of Management is UL at TESU. So Sophia's version may well transfer in as UL at TESU.

Responding to an old post, but Davar also said their Managerial Communications came into TESU as MAN-373 and TESU brought it in for me as MAN-273. I didn't fight it because it wasn't necessary for me to have it as UL.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
I'm just waiting for the Management touchstone to be graded before sending the latest ACE transcript in to TESU. I will update here whenever they evaluate it. The course was easy enough, the touchstone has taken a few days (although I could definitely have spent more time on it per day, but it just isn't interesting enough to want to do for longer than half an hour or so at a time).
[-] The following 1 user Likes sarahmac's post:
  • Michelle779

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 117 61,583 Yesterday, 08:11 PM
Last Post: sophiadiscountcodes
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 80 Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 457 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 838 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,398 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 369 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 716 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 981 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 251 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 962 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab