Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More new Study.com courses, changes
If I took these courses already but the transcript hasn't been sent over are they going to be UL or LL?
(01-01-2018, 03:21 PM)ECH90 Wrote: If I took these courses already but the transcript hasn't been sent over are they going to be UL or LL?

They should be based on the date that you passed the course.

But I would request that Study.com send them over immediately.  I think they do it for free now, in a setup similar to SL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-01-2018, 04:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 03:21 PM)ECH90 Wrote: If I took these courses already but the transcript hasn't been sent over are they going to be UL or LL?

They should be based on the date that you passed the course.

But I would request that Study.com send them over immediately.  I think they do it for free now, in a setup similar to SL.

Awesome, I hope so. I did request that Study.com send them over on the 28th. (Not sure if they have yet) I just haven't sent my Ace Transcript yet... Thank You!
Just noticed org theory, very nice.

making a dual aos very very tempting.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

I called TESU today to ask about Study.com Communications 120 as an option for the oral communication requirement, as someone mentioned recently on Degree Forum. They do not have Comm 120 in their system at all and the advisor I spoke to (didn't write down his name!) said that Study.com Communications 101 will no longer fulfill the requirement! He said lots of things changed this week. If I had known, I would have tried to get that in under the wire like my UL Psych courses.

Any advice?
(01-10-2018, 01:36 PM)nashpond Wrote:  Study.com Communications 101 will no longer fulfill the requirement! 

That makes no sense whatsoever.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
Study.com Communications 120 is extremely unlikely to meet the oral comm requirement, because it's "Interpersonal Communications" which is the typical non-oral college course. Just go with SL! Unless that's changed recently too.

StraighterLine is an excellent option and one that with effort can be knocked out in a timely manner. It's also a great course for a young student to develop communication skills.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(01-10-2018, 01:43 PM)Ideas Wrote: Study.com Communications 120 is extremely unlikely to meet the oral comm requirement, because it's "Interpersonal Communications" which is the typical non-oral college course. Just go with SL! Unless that's changed recently too.

Nashpond, I suggest instead of just emailing advising, to email Study.com as well to investigate further. They'll help you best they can.

I agree with the two SL recommendations, however; from looking at their newly updated Transfer tab on Study.com, the courses for COM 101 should transfer. It doesn't indicate COM 120 though.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-10-2018, 01:43 PM)Ideas Wrote: Study.com Communications 120 is extremely unlikely to meet the oral comm requirement, because it's "Interpersonal Communications" which is the typical non-oral college course. Just go with SL! Unless that's changed recently too.

COM 120 is Presentation Skills in the Work Place, and someone was told recently that it would meet the oral comm requirement.

COM 102 is Interpersonal Comm, and won't meet the requirements.

(01-10-2018, 01:38 PM)originalamyj Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 01:36 PM)nashpond Wrote:  Study.com Communications 101 will no longer fulfill the requirement! 

That makes no sense whatsoever.

COM 101 is called PUBLIC SPEAKING!  Why would this not meet the Oral Comm requirement???  They are just being silly now!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,364 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,748 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 607 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,401 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat