Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I get a passing score the Macroeconomics CLEP????????
So I took the Free CLEP Prep test for Principles of Macroeconomics, and passed with a 63.75%. They highly recommended trying to take it again and get a 75%. I am taking the CLEP Thursday because I need to take it before I start college next week. If I don't pass I know I can try again during Christmas break. I also need a 55 for it to be accepted by my school. I know this would be a barely pass moment, but do you all think I need to do a lot of cramming before Thursday? Also, do you think a 63.75% would be close to a 55 on the test, if not what would it be?
Thanks in advance!
50-55 on CLEP's scale is a lot different from a 50-55 in a normal school test. Depending on the exam that could be an entire letter grade equivalency. If your school needs a 55 I'd study more. I would also incorporate outside study aids, which I'm sure you're doing.

With all that said, I found the macro test not overly challenging if you study. Good Luck!
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Jesusfreak97 Wrote:So I took the Free CLEP Prep test for Principles of Macroeconomics, and passed with a 63.75%. They highly recommended trying to take it again and get a 75%. I am taking the CLEP Thursday because I need to take it before I start college next week. If I don't pass I know I can try again during Christmas break. I also need a 55 for it to be accepted by my school. I know this would be a barely pass moment, but do you all think I need to do a lot of cramming before Thursday? Also, do you think a 63.75% would be close to a 55 on the test, if not what would it be?
Thanks in advance!

A few things:
Re-taking the same test twice might be ok to use for studying, but it's NOT an accurate measure of readiness. Only the first time you take a practice test counts.
I'd suggest a second brand of test. I like that site plenty, however, pick up a copy of the Official CLEP Guide at your library- it has an official practice test in the back. Time yourself.
If you're scoring in the 60% range, you're probably ok to pass, but your school doesn't accept a pass, they want a 55, and for that reason, I think your score is too low.
I also suggest using IC to study, as well as the specific exam feedback section to target your study toward high-yield topics.
Finally, you ask if you need to cram, but I don't know what you're using to study- so it's impossible to say if your resource is even adequately matched to the test. REA books are just about the best.
Some great free study resources to supplement IC and FCP for this test:

Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-fi...oeconomics

ACDC: ACDCecon

Cliffsnotes: Macroeconomics

Good luck!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes topdog98's post:
  • zapproximator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test score rogeryoung 3 121 4 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 507 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,845 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 852 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,314 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,642 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,274 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,236 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,145 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,333 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser