Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most important pending study.com courses
It seems that the two most important courses that people are waiting for are History 301 (Historical Methods) and English 301 (Non-western Literature). Each of three fulfills the non-testable components(other than capstone of course) for their respective degrees at TESU. Does anyone have any sense of where these courses are at for final approval?
I emailed them - it's been a while - but I think the non-western lit wasnt even planned in. It was about six months ago though so maybe that's changed?
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(04-08-2018, 12:00 AM)rlw74 Wrote: I emailed them - it's been a while - but I think the non-western lit wasnt even planned in. It was about six months ago though so maybe that's changed?

There is now a course: English 301: Western Literature.

I'm guessing once a course is there, and it is numbered, it goes for approval to either ACE or NCCRS.  Many times, the courses that are planned to be UL don't pass that on the first shot, and are given LL approval, and then they work on making changes to the content to get it up to UL, and then it passes (at least, this is what has happened to most of their 3XX-level courses over the past couple of years).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Western Lit? Doesn't it need to be non-Western? And does it need to be UL for the English degree?
(04-08-2018, 12:30 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 12:00 AM)rlw74 Wrote: I emailed them - it's been a while - but I think the non-western lit wasnt even planned in. It was about six months ago though so maybe that's changed?

There is now a course: English 301: Western Literature.

I'm guessing once a course is there, and it is numbered, it goes for approval to either ACE or NCCRS.  Many times, the courses that are planned to be UL don't pass that on the first shot, and are given LL approval, and then they work on making changes to the content to get it up to UL, and then it passes (at least, this is what has happened to most of their 3XX-level courses over the past couple of years).

Typo: It is English 301: Non-Western Literature
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Oh wow... That is wonderful. I hope it gets approved soon. I've debated a second undergrad degree in English but I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on another capstone. I guess 1 study.com course ($199), plus 1 month of Shmoop ($89), plus the capstone ($1098) wouldn't be too bad if I don't have to pay the residency waiver again. Maybe I should think about it if it comes available soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • Muldoon
Yes, sorry, I had a typo.  English 301: Non-Western Literature

And it is planned on being an UL course (that's what the 301 means - UL). Although that course in particular has no requirement that I can see that it has to be UL - you need 18cr of UL in the AOS, but it can be whichever courses you want.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-08-2018, 11:45 AM)rlw74 Wrote: Oh wow... That is wonderful. I hope it gets approved soon. I've debated a second undergrad degree in English but I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on another capstone. I guess 1 study.com course ($199), plus 1 month of Shmoop ($89), plus the capstone ($1098) wouldn't be too bad if I don't have to pay the residency waiver again. Maybe I should think about it if it comes available soon.

I'm pondering the same thing. I might even add an extra month or two to my first degree and try to get them at the same time, to save on the graduation/residency fees.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Holy crap, historical methods!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes icampy's post:
  • jsd
(04-10-2018, 05:33 AM)icampy Wrote: Holy crap, historical methods!

Right? it's been a long time since I looked at the BA History requirements, but if I'm not mistaken, this was the only course that wasn't otherwise easily available? if that's the case, i'm excited for any of you history buffs.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 12,240 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,335 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,435 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,079 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,831 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU 2nd Area of Study mysonx3 20 4,235 08-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,073 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,727 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,231 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Study.com partnership only eligible for 21 years of age+ Murdockb 6 2,238 07-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Murdockb