Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving graded courses to ACE credit.
So 9 find myself in a bit of a bind. I need to apply some upper level credits to my degree but I got a D on two of them. Is there any way to convert these credits to ACE credit and then have them apply to the degree? I don't want to have to take 2 more courses, especially upper level natural science courses. What can I do?

If this isn't an option, then are there any upper level natural science courses I can take in the next month or so?

I appreciate the help everyone.
They will want to see that credit from the original source...going through ACE is almost certainly a no go.

Excelsior may have an UL test or two, you can always tackle a distance offering from LSU/BYU/Univ. of Idaho/Univ. of Arkansas?CSU-Pueblo.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Can't you only move credits to an ACE transcript if they are ACE-approved? 99.9% of colleges do not have their credits ACE-evaluated because they are already regionally or nationally accredited.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I made the mistake of applying for graduation based on those grades, and already got accepted to graduate school, and even started already... So I need those classes done in the next month or so so I can have my BA otherwise I won't be allowed to come back next semester.

Any upper level natural science or math will work.
ECE Pathophysiology? ECE Bioethics, which also seems to goes to TESC under a BIO code? Keep in mind that both will have letter grades on the EC transcript.
TECEP Network Technology? (If so, act quickly to register, the process of registration, sending to a proctor, etc. may take a while).
Depending on where you are attending, the DSST Management Information Systems and TECEP Network Technology can be upper level natural sciences.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
The network management and MIS courses might work, since I work in the IT field anyway.
I can try ALEKS Business Statistics, since the ACE National Guide says its upper level. Will that transfer into the area as well?

I'm not familiar with ALEKS though, what is the process? I have taken Straighterline Calculus I and English II. Is it something like that? Basically, I finished English II in about a week. But it took a really long time for them to get back to me with some of the graded essays.
TyrantUT Wrote:I can try ALEKS Business Statistics, since the ACE National Guide says its upper level. Will that transfer into the area as well?
None of the Big Three quite follow the ACE National Guide for ALEKS, particularly their statistics courses. TESC counts Business Statistics as both lower-level, and duplicative with any other introductory statistics course or exam (STA-201). COSC counts it as lower-level but not necessarily duplicative. I know EC counts it as duplicative; I don't know for sure whether they count it as upper or lower level.
I haven't taken any Statistics courses before. So TESC doesn't follow the ACE recommendation for the upper level stats at ALEKS? That would make things pretty easy.

How about DSST? What is the MIS test like? Scheduling the exam? Can they be taken at Prometric exam locations?
As everyone said, you won't be able to launder these into pass/fail.
HOWEVER, this seems like the PERFECT opportunity for someone to try out ACT classes!! Here's the deal, you can register now and they are self-paced costing only $99/credit and you would be awarded GRADUATE level credit which TESC transcribes as upper level. Here's the rub, no one has done this yet, so we are all waiting on the edge of our seats to see if this works. Since you are enrolled already, you should be able to talk to your advisor (not the random phone-answer-person) and get pre-approval ahead of trying. None of us wondering are currently enrolled, which is why the question still remains. *note, go into their catalog pdf to get the code which allows for $99/cr otherwise it's $110/cr.

ACT | Advancement Courses for Teachers Tons of science. (note, "traditional" in their definition means correspondence course, not butt-in-seat)
Important things to tell your advisor:

Name of the credit issuer: California State University Monterey Bay campus.
Accreditation: Regional
Type of credit: graduate
College within the university: Extended campus, but science courses HAVE SCIENCE PREFIX *you must say that

And find out what happens!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,872 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,497 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,469 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,099 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,085 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,088 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,996 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,683 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,015 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,740 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim