Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tech Writing DSST = grade at COSC
I didn't realize they gave a grade for the DSST but my transcript was updated today and it received a grade.

Scored a 58 and earned an A!

It also bumped up my overall gpa a bit. Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I love that!!! ANY DSST that is still graded on the old scale will give you a letter grade at COSC Smile

If you still have electives that you need to do, you may want to consider this. It's good news on easy ones like Intro to Law Enforcement.. ha ha not so good for me on Money & Banking lol
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Im a little surprised that a 58=A. Thats quite a curve!

Fun to see though.

Bubbles, did they give you a gpa for COSC only or for everything averaged or both? What did you submit to grad school?

I might take finance just to get it on the transcript.

Will COSC allow you to add classes to your transcript after you graduate?
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Im a little surprised that a 58=A. Thats quite a curve!

Fun to see though.

Bubbles, did they give you a gpa for COSC only or for everything averaged or both? What did you submit to grad school?

I might take finance just to get it on the transcript.

Will COSC allow you to add classes to your transcript after you graduate?

The GPA from COSC was for EVERYTHING... including my D in chemistry from back in the early 90's. Sad Ha ha.. I guess I could have excluded that from my transcript, but I was sooooo happy that they gave me those science credits that I let it stay. It also included my graded ECE and SL classes.

All I really cared about from a grad school perspective was getting a 3.0. Most programs that have normal entrance standards (unless they're extremely competitive) will require a 3.0. I think I ended up with like a 3.16 or something like that... can't remember, but I know that I was above 3.0 which was what I wanted.

I highly doubt that COSC will add anything to your transcript once you've graduated. You can double-check, but the reason I think this is that once you've completed your program, they send you a 'final' version of your transcript. It was kind of exciting to get it in the mail. My advisor had sent a hand written note along with it congratulating me, so it was pretty cool.

Definitely check out the master list of exams here: http://www.charteroak.edu/Current/Academ...r-list.pdf to check out any other exams that you think might be simple to get the GPA up if you need to. Like I said, I highly recommend law enforcement. That's an easy 'A' on the transcript.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Well, I might delay graduation for a bit. The MBA I'm looking at requires Finance, Accounting 1/2, and micro which I don't have. The Accounting looks pretty straightforward through straighterline. I don't know about the Finance (maybe DSST).

I'm also considering switching gears on my math. With the job change I have not done anything with the Algebra Sad The MBA program requires Statistics, and that will satisfy COSC for math. So I may immerse myself in that and see if I can squeak out 3 credits there. The DSST Stats looks doable per exam feedback. Might try an ALEKS assesment there first.

My GPA is a 2.996 without my last three A's from CSU included yet, so I should be OK there. Probably should tabulate that up and verify.
AS in EMS August 2010

It makes a lot of sense to take statistics in your case.

LOL.. I totally got out of it. Stats was listed on the pre-reqs for my MBA, but when I first started investigating the program, I ended up talking to the program head because the admissions counselor couldn't answer all of my questions. Anyhow.. not sure how it came up, but he told me that stats was the only optional pre-req. I asked if it would influence my admission one way or another and he said that it really didn't matter at all. So guess what? Ha ha, I did NOT take it!!

hilarious
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Smile

The DSST feedback reads like its heavy on theory and light on math...all math should be like that!

I thought I read a post in there from you, thought you took it...lol

I understand that some or all of the pre-reqs can be waived, but it's cheap and quick to just get them, so I think I will.
AS in EMS August 2010

Congratulations Rebel!

I have been curious if COSC offers a list of scores and grades for DSST exams. If not, do you think it is based on this DSST report?

http://www.getcollegecredit.com/download...100108.pdf

It shows that you earned your A!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Interesting link NAP.

The only chart I know of is the credit list that shows what each test is valid for and a passing score. As far as I know, there is no place that breaks the info out by letter grade.

From your chart I guess it is a legitimate "A" Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

rebel100 Wrote:Smile

The DSST feedback reads like its heavy on theory and light on math...all math should be like that!

I thought I read a post in there from you, thought you took it...lol

I understand that some or all of the pre-reqs can be waived, but it's cheap and quick to just get them, so I think I will.

ohhh.. no I don't think I posted on Statistics.. but if I did, I was on the wrong thread!

I agree about just getting all of the pre-reqs done. You're already going to have a non-traditional transcript so you might as well have EVERYTHING else that they ask for.
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,462 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,688 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,310 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,325 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,813 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,006 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 3,045 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,440 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,814 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium