Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 17 year old is done!!!!
I can't believe it but my daughter, Briana, has finished all of the requirements for a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice at TESC. She started taking CLEPs in September and she just took the final for her last class yesterday. Now she just needs to apply for graduation. It's a good thing my second daughter just started earning college credit for high school or I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Smile

Danielle
Wow that is so incredible! Congrats for her and also to you. WOW!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
your whole family. I'm sure this has been quite an accomplishment for all. Teamwork and direction can prevail!
That is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations to both of you.

Doug
There was a time when this type of success story seemed nearly impossible. Now, with proper organizational skills and the personal determination to succeed, it can be done as your daughter has proven. I cannot tell you how proud I am of both you and her. (And I don't even know you....) Big Grin What are your daughter's plans from here? Is she done with school or is she going to continue for a higher degree? Whatever the case may be, she has success written all over her. Congratulations!!

Rich
[FONT=&quot]CLEP
[FONT=&quot]Information Systems and Computer Applications - Passed (61)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]English Composition with Essay - (56)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - Passed (64)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Introduction to Sociology - (60)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Natural Science - Up Next[/FONT][/FONT]
a4tunatemom Wrote:I can't believe it but my daughter, Briana, has finished all of the requirements for a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice at TESC. She started taking CLEPs in September and she just took the final for her last class yesterday. Now she just needs to apply for graduation. It's a good thing my second daughter just started earning college credit for high school or I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Smile

Danielle

:eek: Thats impressive
“Fear is necessary. Without it, I'd be scared to death.”

Floyd Patterson

"I'm so far ahead I gotta save the last dance"
a4tunatemom Wrote:I can't believe it but my daughter, Briana, has finished all of the requirements for a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice at TESC. She started taking CLEPs in September and she just took the final for her last class yesterday. Now she just needs to apply for graduation. It's a good thing my second daughter just started earning college credit for high school or I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Smile

Danielle

Wow! Criminal Justice! Interesting degree for a 17 year old girl. What are her plans now?

My son is on his way to 'being done' too. He will probably still be a teen then, but just barely (19). If we hadn't had debate and speech and dual-college credits (for a gpa) to do and piano contests, he could have done it sooner. I probably would have suggested just that had I know what I do now.

Congratulations to your daughter!
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"]Margo
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][B][B]"By endurance, we conquer"[/B][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"] [SIZE="1"] ~ Sir Ernest Shackleton[/SIZE][/SIZE]
for a total of 18

CLEP done through 2010:
U.S. History II (66)
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit (70)
Introduction to Sociology (71)
Social Sciences & History (70)
College Mathematics (57) :o

Hoped for end result before arthritis sets in:
BA in Art, Liberal Studies, or Humanities[/SIZE]
Awesome! Congratulations! I love that that is possible!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Congratulations to your daughter. That is a huge accomplishment for such a young age. Way to go!!
Wow! Congrats to her and good luck to your other daughter!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 872 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  No degree, no worries - 50 years at AT&T for 68 year old engineer bjcheung77 6 759 10-20-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  These associate degree majors lead to higher incomes than a 4-year bachelor's. LevelUP 4 615 10-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cardinal Stritch - Closing by year end bjcheung77 6 785 08-22-2023, 07:01 PM
  PASSHE Freeze tuition for the fifth year in a row Vle045 7 785 08-01-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  16 year old - $50K reward bjcheung77 0 409 06-18-2023, 02:30 PM
  13 year old college grad bjcheung77 1 515 05-27-2023, 10:03 AM
  Two 16 year old students are recognized... bjcheung77 0 374 05-14-2023, 04:10 PM
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 1,025 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 474 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM