Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Degree Plan @ TESC and Progress
************************************************************************************

Marketing Communications TECEP
Score: Pass

Just found out that I passed this TECEP, so here are my thoughts on this test.

It took me about 5 1/2 weeks to get my grade.

The first thing on the exam was the 30 multiple-choice questions, then 7 essay-ish questions (you were allowed to select from 10 essay topic choices). There was a short survey to complete after the test. And there was a bubble sheet to use for selecting your answers to the multiple-choice section.

I used PROMO by O'Guinn as my primary book (read through the whole thing) and reviewed chapters 1, a little of 2, 4, 7, and 12 of Barron's Marketing book. I wish I had used Marketing a little bit more - I felt like there were some things I missed because of not reading that. FOLLOW THE FACT SHEET!! I made the mistake of not looking at the fact sheet until the morning of my test, but it had some great, specific things you should know.

I studied for this test for less than two weeks. First I read the textbooks, and then worked on Quizlet flashcards and a few quizzes (see below). One of the last minute things I did was to write a quick study guide based on what everyone here said to know, and I'm glad I did that - if I hadn't reviewed that study guide, I probably would have gotten a few more questions wrong.

I was able to take the exam at my local library, and I used pretty much all of the three hours provided - it was really tight towards the end. I originally estimated that I would only have time to answer about five of the essay questions (I only knew about five really well, and knew I could go really in-depth for those).

Here are some more things you should know before taking this test:
•Purpose of advertising
•Demographics, psychographics, geographics, etc.
•Publicity
•Madison and Vine
•Inelastic demand
•Controversial advertising regulation topics
•Advertising and children
•Research types
•Uniquenesses of markets (such as organization, consumer)
•Direct marketing
•Departments of an advertising firm
•Black box buyer behavior
•Telemarketing
•VALS
•Challenges of websites
•Marketing/Communications Mix
•IMC
•The difference between the communication/promotion mix and the marketing mix
•Channels of communication
•Target marketing and market segmentation
•Five parts of the buyer process
•Steps in the Strategic Management Planning Process
•Relationship marketing
•Integrative marketing system
•Promotion
•The subtle difference between segmentation, differentiation, and positioning
•Deception in marketing
•Public Relations
•Types of tests for determining the success of a promotional campaign
•Philosophies (such as relational and societal)
•What promotions should be used for what types of markets (such as business, consumer, etc.)
•Sales Promotion
•Websites in relation to marketing
•The different markets a company sells to and how they sell to different markets
•Sales
•When and for what reason certain kinds of advertising are used (radio vs. TV vs. magazine vs. newspaper vs. internet, etc.)

Quizzes:
Basic Marketing*|*Quiz Questions
Multiple Choice Quiz
Practice Quizzes
Marketing: Managing Profitable Customer Relationships

Marketing Website:
Marketing Concepts, Theory and Practice

iTunes Lectures:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/pri...d436761630

Good Quizlet Flashcard Sets:
Part 1: Marketing Communications TECEP: General Information (Part 1) flashcards | Quizlet
Part 2: Marketing Communications TECEP: General Information (Part 2) flashcards | Quizlet
Part 3: Marketing Communications TECEP: General Information (Part 3) flashcards | Quizlet
Part 4: Marketing Communications TECEP: General Information (Part 4) flashcards | Quizlet
AND
Marketing Communications flashcards | Quizlet

Official fact sheet and practice test:
http://www2.tesc.edu/tecep_desc/MAR-321.pdf

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Big Grin
CLEPs:
Biology: 64 | College Algebra: 60 | A&IL: 74 | Natural Sciences: 62 | College Comp: 62 | Intro Psychology: 73 | Intro Sociology: 67 | History of the U.S. I: 73 | History of the U.S. II: 65 | Principles of Marketing: 66 | Social Sciences & History: 68 | Humanities: 58

DSSTs:
Environment & Humanity: 59 | Technical Writing: 66 | Public Speaking: 67/Pass | Astronomy: 72

Other Courses:
Intro to Stats ALEKS: 70 | 24 FEMAs (including PDS) | Intro to News Reporting TECEP: Pass | Interpersonal Communication ECE: A | News Writing @ TESC: A | TESC Leadership Communication: A | TESC Mass Communication I: A | TESC Capstone: A | Marketing Communications TECEP: Pass | Argumentation & Debate @ LSU: A | Public Relations Thought & Practice TECEP: Pass

120/120 - DONE!!!
B.A. Communications through CollegePlus/TESC
My degree plan/test feedback
My "I'm Done" post: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-done.html Wink Wink
CLEPs:
Biology: 64 | College Algebra: 60 | A&IL: 74 | Natural Sciences: 62 | College Comp: 62 | Intro Psychology: 73 | Intro Sociology: 67 | History of the U.S. I: 73 | History of the U.S. II: 65 | Principles of Marketing: 66 | Social Sciences & History: 68 | Humanities: 58

DSSTs:
Environment & Humanity: 59 | Technical Writing: 66 | Public Speaking: 67/Pass | Astronomy: 72

Other Courses:
Intro to Stats ALEKS: 70 | 24 FEMAs (including PDS) | Intro to News Reporting TECEP: Pass | Interpersonal Communication ECE: A | News Writing @ TESC: A | TESC Leadership Communication: A | TESC Mass Communication I: A | TESC Capstone: A | Marketing Communications TECEP: Pass | Argumentation & Debate @ LSU: A | Public Relations Thought & Practice TECEP: Pass

120/120 - DONE!!!
B.A. Communications through CollegePlus/TESC
My degree plan/test feedback

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,203 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,871 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,008 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,326 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,685 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero