Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My ECE Evaluation got me 65 Semester Hour Credits!!
As some of you may have read on the other thread, I applied to TESC on the 28 of January. ECE evaluation of my foreign university credits is ready and I got 65 semester hours in credits for my 2 years undergraduate studies. I am attaching the evaluation to this thread.

I have also got about 45 credits from Straighterline, and more from other ACE courses (ALEKS, TEEX Cyber Security). Though I am yet to get an official credit(s) evaluation from TESC, in all, I am looking to get between 90-100 credits for all my studies. I have sent in (to TESC) my ACE transcripts, Straighterline's and now, ECE evaluation. I will now join the league of those who complain about TESC excellent customer service it seems. Smile I am madly excited about this journey and I look forward to my TESC evaluation and nost importantly, degree.

My plans (after being accepted to TESC) will be to knock off the remaining credits with TECEPs- thanks to the new TESC- ProctorU alliance which makes it possible to sit exams in the comfort of one's home in any part of the world. It means someone like me who resides in Europe can take my TECEP on computer without having to go through the stress of filling paper works and looking for local proctors here in Slovakia.

I would like to thank all the guys on this forum. It took me some while to finally decide to go with ECE but I think it was worth it. The invaluable information, suggestions, and road-map I got from everyone on this forum helped me to plan my educational journey. Without Degreeinfo (where I started scavenging for information few years ago) and this forum where I got the meat of the information from, I do not think I would have made it this far. Thanks to all. I wonder how I will feel when I graduate from TESC since now I am already in the celebration mood. Smile I am off to take some wine. Big Grin

Attached Files
.pdf   Less than 1 minute ago">ECE eval1[smal.pdf (Size: 320.77 KB / Downloads: 21)
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
[-] The following 1 user Likes Saharapost's post:
  • naza
That's so awesome Sahara!

I went to EC for my RN (Associates in Science with a focus in Nursing) and it was a good experience.

I am enrolled at TESC and it's a great experience too.

I am so glad they took so many of your credits and that you found the right fit for you to earn your degree!

I have a question for you because my husband took courses in his Native (England) for 2 years. How did you transfer the credits to TESC? I have been bugging my husband to get this done, but he doesn't 1. Think the credits will transfer 2. Doesn't know how to do it. If it's complicated please private message me on how you do this. I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, back to you! Way to go! You are on your way!

Nice job and best of luck,
Tara

Saharapost Wrote:As some of you may have read on the other thread, I applied to TESC on the 28 of January. ECE evaluation of my foreign university credits is ready and I got 65 semester hours in credits for my 2 years undergraduate studies. I am attaching the evaluation to this thread.

I have also got about 45 credits from Straighterline, and more from other ACE courses (ALEKS, TEEX Cyber Security). Though I am yet to get an official credit(s) evaluation from TESC, in all, I am looking to get between 90-100 credits for all my studies. I have sent in (to TESC) my ACE transcripts, Straighterline's and now, ECE evaluation. I will now join the league of those who complain about TESC excellent customer service it seems. Smile I am madly excited about this journey and I look forward to my TESC evaluation and nost importantly, degree.

My plans (after being accepted to TESC) will be to knock off the remaining credits with TECEPs- thanks to the new TESC- ProctorU alliance which makes it possible to sit exams in the comfort of one's home in any part of the world. It means someone like me who resides in Europe can take my TECEP on computer without having to go through the stress of filling paper works and looking for local proctors here in Slovakia.

I would like to thank all the guys on this forum. It took me some while to finally decide to go with ECE but I think it was worth it. The invaluable information, suggestions, and road-map I got from everyone on this forum helped me to plan my educational journey. Without Degreeinfo (where I started scavenging for information few years ago) and this forum where I got the meat of the information from, I do not think I would have made it this far. Thanks to all. I wonder how I will feel when I graduate from TESC since now I am already in the celebration mood. Smile I am off to take some wine. Big Grin
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
I did not use ECE, but WES instead, although I am sure the process will be very similar. Your husband would just have his college transcripts, as well as any A-Level transcripts, sent directly from the colleges he attended to ECE. You tell ECE that you want the report sent to TESC and they will send that directly. In the case of WES to TESC this was done electronically. He could be a lot closer to a degree than he thinks as I got 27 credits for my secondary school transcript alone.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
Thank you, Getiton1. I am assuming by EC, you meant Excelsior College.
In my case, I never applied to Excelsior College, I applied to TESC. Before applying to TESC, however, I had to evaluate my foreign credits from a NACES member institution such as:
Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) http://www.ece.org,
World Evaluation Service (WES), World Education Services-International Credential Evaluation Expertise
Education Perspective, Educational Perspectives || Home
or any other evaluator accepted by TESC.
I went with ECE. Here is a list of TESC's application requirements for foreign students and accepted evaluators:
Thomas Edison State College: Apply as an International Student

This was what I did. I registered on ECE website, declared my two year studies in Nigeria (except my high school) and the London School of Journalism Diploma program. I paid for the evaluation, ordered official transcripts from those institutions where I studied (to be sent in sealed official envelopes to ECE). Upon receipt, ECE evaluated them and sent copies to TESC. I paid for rush service (additional $80 to ECE) so I can have the evaluation ready in 3 days. If I had not paid for rush service , it may take up to 20 days or more (if am not mistaken). While I got 65 credits from the evaluation of my 2 years undergraduate studies, I got zero credits for the London Diploma program because (according to ECE), the program was not accredited. So, in essence, unaccredited programs get zero credits, it seems. I know most of the credits (aside the ones suitable for Gen Studies) will fall under electives/free electives at TESC. My Straighterline, TEEX, ALEKS courses are the meat of my credits.

Getiton1 Wrote:That's so awesome Sahara!

I went to EC for my RN (Associates in Science with a focus in Nursing) and it was a good experience.

I am enrolled at TESC and it's a great experience too.

I am so glad they took so many of your credits and that you found the right fit for you to earn your degree!

I have a question for you because my husband took courses in his Native (England) for 2 years. How did you transfer the credits to TESC? I have been bugging my husband to get this done, but he doesn't 1. Think the credits will transfer 2. Doesn't know how to do it. If it's complicated please private message me on how you do this. I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, back to you! Way to go! You are on your way!

Nice job and best of luck,
Tara
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Award:

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

24 Credits from TECEP
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Thanks so much for the info AlbaTiVo,

I am not familiar with ECE? What does that stand for? Might you have a link for them? You read my mind about where I think he should apply though. I am enjoying my time at TESC, and TESC already has a relationship with his company, so that will help even more! What is the cost/amount of time to get ECE to evaluate and send their translation of my husbands credits to TESC? I can't WAIT to see what he gets! He thinks because he did take A levels that nothing will transfer. I don't know what the name of his level of education was, but he was in school for 2 years for music at Brigewater College (not a typo, its spelled Brigewater College according to my husband); but I think he has nothing to loose by applying. I am wondering if he had any bad grades if it would hurt his GPA? For example, all of my 2 year credits and community college classes transferred in as letter grades. I had mostly all A's which was a good thing, but alas my husband was 16 years old and played the guitar all day long, so his grades are a hodge podge of A's B's and C's. I think that might be another reason he's not into seeing that transcript transfer. Any additional tips? Since this is Sahara's thread, feel free to private message me if you think of anything else I should know/tell him.

Thanks so much!
T

PS Sahara, your awesome post is becoming more and more awesome! Because you are a beacon of hope to my husband now Smile Thanks for sharing Smile

AlbaTiVo Wrote:I did not use ECE, but WES instead, although I am sure the process will be very similar. Your husband would just have his college transcripts, as well as any A-Level transcripts, sent directly from the colleges he attended to ECE. You tell ECE that you want the report sent to TESC and they will send that directly. In the case of WES to TESC this was done electronically. He could be a lot closer to a degree than he thinks as I got 27 credits for my secondary school transcript alone.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

Credits/Course
6          Biology (58)

Ahh, thank you Saharapost! And AlbaTiVo, I think Sahara just answered some of my questions!

Thank you both so much. I don't know what to do now because maybe my husband is right that TESC will not take the credits from Brigewater College? I am pretty sure it's accredited, but it's in England, so how would I find out? By checking the England accreditation system or the American Acceptance of Accreditation? I really would love for him to get into TESC, because it's so inexpensive for New Jersey residents and his company already has an agreement with the college which would allow him to get a lot of credit for what he already knows from doing his job.

Hmmm, I guess it couldn't hurt to have the transcripts sent from Brigewater College to ECE. He is not in a rush to finish. I am in school now, and though his company has full tuition reimbursement, it's only for approved classes. So, that means since I am in school now, only one of us can afford to take more than a couple classes. Well, as soon as we have a little extra money, I will try to encourage him to have his transcripts sent.

Thanks so much!
Tara

Saharapost Wrote:Thank you, Getiton1. I am assuming by EC, you meant Excelsior College.
In my case, I never applied to Excelsior College, I applied to TESC. Before applying to TESC, however, I had to evaluate my foreign credits from a NACES member institution such as:
Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) http://www.ece.org,
World Evaluation Service (WES), World Education Services-International Credential Evaluation Expertise
Education Perspective, Educational Perspectives || Home
or any other evaluator accepted by TESC.
I went with ECE. Here is a list of TESC's application requirements for foreign students and accepted evaluators:
Thomas Edison State College: Apply as an International Student

This was what I did. I registered on ECE website, declared my two year studies in Nigeria (except my high school) and the London School of Journalism Diploma program. I paid for the evaluation, ordered official transcripts from those institutions where I studied (to be sent in sealed official envelopes to ECE). Upon receipt, ECE evaluated them and sent copies to TESC. I paid for rush service (additional $80 to ECE) so I can have the evaluation ready in 3 days. If I had not paid for rush service , it may take up to 20 days or more (if am not mistaken). While I got 65 credits from the evaluation of my 2 years undergraduate studies, I got zero credits for the London Diploma program because (according to ECE), the program was not accredited. So, in essence, unaccredited programs get zero credits, it seems. I know most of the credits (aside the ones suitable for Gen Studies) will fall under electives/free electives at TESC. My Straighterline, TEEX, ALEKS courses are the meat of my credits.
Tara

Degrees:

Credits/Course
6          Biology (58)

I couldn't find a Brigewater College, but I did find Bridgwater College. It looks like most of their classes are vocational, so I don't think those would transfer, but they do have university level courses which would transfer. I don't think one of the evaluation services would tell you if they were accredited or not before you placed your order, but it would be worth asking anyway. You can always ask Bridgwater if your husbands particular courses would transfer too - they have partner universities listed, so they definitely deal with that.

Even if all his courses were vocational it would still be worth having an evaluation done to transfer his A-Levels and no need to worry about grades with TESC anyway as they would all transfer as pass/fail. I think the cost for any of the evaluation services will be a couple of hundred dollars.
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
Thanks so much AlbaTiVo! This is exactly what I was looking to find out. Yeah, he went to school for Music, I am not sure if he took A levels or not. If he did not, are you saying you think it's still worth it?

Ironically, I am thinking of going to University at University of Liverpool Online. I guess I would just reverse the process after I apply the U of Liverpool.

I feel rude posting this on Sahara's thread (sorry Sahara). When I get closer/have more time. I'll post you both with more questions privately if you don't mind sharing your UK College/University knowledge.

Thanks!
Tara

AlbaTiVo Wrote:I couldn't find a Brigewater College, but I did find Bridgwater College. It looks like most of their classes are vocational, so I don't think those would transfer, but they do have university level courses which would transfer. I don't think one of the evaluation services would tell you if they were accredited or not before you placed your order, but it would be worth asking anyway. You can always ask Bridgwater if your husbands particular courses would transfer too - they have partner universities listed, so they definitely deal with that.

Even if all his courses were vocational it would still be worth having an evaluation done to transfer his A-Levels and no need to worry about grades with TESC anyway as they would all transfer as pass/fail. I think the cost for any of the evaluation services will be a couple of hundred dollars.
Tara

Degrees:

Credits/Course
6          Biology (58)

Getiton1 Wrote:Thanks so much AlbaTiVo! This is exactly what I was looking to find out. Yeah, he went to school for Music, I am not sure if he took A levels or not. If he did not, are you saying you think it's still worth it?

Ironically, I am thinking of going to University at University of Liverpool Online. I guess I would just reverse the process after I apply the U of Liverpool.

I feel rude posting this on Sahara's thread (sorry Sahara). When I get closer/have more time. I'll post you both with more questions privately if you don't mind sharing your UK College/University knowledge.

Thanks!
Tara

Getiton, I am fine with posing on this thread. Those who will stumble on it years (perhaps decades) later, will find it informative and answering most of their questions if they fall in the same situation...

I am not familiar with the college where your husband took his music courses but if it was accredited (by the sole body or one of the bodies recognized by the government for such purposes) at the time he took those courses, they may transfer upon evaluation. On the other hand, I think he could have those courses evaluated for college credits (or should I say he could earn college credits for what he knows as a result of taking those courses) if he chooses to go the PLA = Prior Learning Assessment way. You may check out LearningCounts | Earn College Credit for What You Already Know for more details about taking this path.
- Akintayo

Award:

Graduate School

24 Credits from TECEP
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Above you said "He thinks because he did take A levels that nothing will transfer" so I assumed he would have those to transfer. If not, I would contact the college in England and ask them if his courses would transfer to one of their partner universities. That should give you a better idea before you start spending money.
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU UL for dual enrollment credits IReallyNeedADegree 15 1,391 07-14-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Byju's evaluation is at $17 Billion! bjcheung77 0 551 05-17-2021, 07:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Extra grad credits on resumes Ideas 5 1,872 02-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  How many college credits did you earn in 2018? natshar 22 3,644 01-02-2019, 11:59 PM
  my brain is melting this semester cookderosa 9 1,734 12-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Medical Assistant Training and Credits for Certification sanantone 1 1,122 01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  College-Math Recommended (6) Credits Ratfus 6 1,879 05-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  “Can I Make An Entire College Degree Out Of CLEP Credits?” jmeitrem 9 2,602 02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Has anyone else ended up with a ridiculous amount of college credits? Leherself 26 3,261 08-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  Academic Evaluation trick traveler 3 1,155 07-14-2016, 01:41 PM