Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Evaluation
Wink 
I received my evaluation report today. I sent JST and the previous CC transcript. 

1. SOS-110 (Cornerstone)
2. ETH-230  (Ethical Leadership)
3. POS-110 (Civic Engagement) 
4. HIS-114; HIS-113; HIS-210 (History)
5. SOC-322 (Cultural Diversity)
6. HLS-355 (Critical Thinking)
7. SOS-440 (Terrorism)
8. HLS-410 (Counterterrorism)
9. HLS-420 (Homeland Security)
10. HLS-429 (Protecting the Homeland)
11. HLS-492 (Research Method in Social Sciences)
12. HLS-498 (Capstone)

In order to graduate as a service member, I need to attend 24 SH from TESU, which are 8 classes.

According to my evaluation note, 
The total amount of ACE/NCCRS semester hours (SH) applying to your degree program is currently: 72.00

That means I have room for 18 more credits. 

Any recommendation for the Green colored classes? They gave me HLS-460 Counterterrorism as AOS electives. Maybe I can ask an advisor and upgrade it to the Core AOS. 

Originally, I applied to a degree program for BA.LIBST BA in Liberal Studies because I wasn't sure how JST and previous college credits would transfer. 
But I would like to study Homeland Security and Emergency Management.

Thank you.
This will work for Cultural Diversity:
SOCx305: Cultural Diversity (UL) UExcel exam

One of these may work for Research Methods in the Social Sciences:
PSYx365: Research Methods in Psychology (UL) UExcel exam
CJ 306: Research Methods in CJ (LL) Study.com
PSY 105: Research Methods in Psychology (LL) Study.com
------------

Just an FYI, as a military student, you don't have to take 24cr of COURSES through TESU - they can also be TECEP exams. But I guess if you need the above courses anyway, you may as well take them there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
OMG! There are some notes missing in the bottom of the evaluation! Oh the horror, the horror! <faints> OK, so... you need 24 credits residency, how are you going to hit up those 24? My suggestion is to take a couple of the easy lower level TECEPS and take the required courses at TESU (yes, the cornerstone/capstone and anything not available from alternative credit options. My question is, would you happen to have a pdf of your BALS with the notes at the bottom? Those notes may have some important info...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Other Courses:
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
4 MSC-201 Intro to Military Science 04/25/17 CR 3.00 MSC-201 *NE
4 MAN-201 Supervision for Service 04/25/17 CR 3.00 MAN-201 *RI *NE *DUP
4 HRM-315 Leadership 04/20/18 CR 3.00 HRM-315 *RI *NE *DUP
4 MAN-303 Office Management 04/20/18 CR 3.00 MAN-303 *NE
4 MSC-331 Advanced Military Science I 04/20/18 CR 3.00 MSC-331 *NE
4 MAN-301 Principles of Management 06/20/18 CR 3.00 MAN-301 *NE
4 MSC-321 Leadership & Military Managmt 06/20/18 CR 3.00 MSC-321 *NE
2 PEA-199 Special Topics in Physical Ed 10/19/18 CR 2.00 PEA-199 *NE
2 PEA-199 Special Topics in Physical Ed 10/19/18 CR 3.00 PEA-199 *NE
2 COM-202 Intro to Business Communicatns 10/07/19 CR 3.00 COM-202 *NE
2 PSY-370 Social Psychology I 10/07/19 CR 3.00 PSY-370 *RI *NE *DUP
2 COM-403 Persuasion 10/07/19 CR 3.00 COM-403 *NE
2 COM-230 Intro to Interpersonal Comm 11/05/19 CR 3.00 COM-230 *RI *NE *DUP
2 HEA-198 Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitat. 12/18/15 CR 1.00 HEA-198 *NE
2 COM-230 Intro to Interpersonal Comm 12/18/15 CR 3.00 COM-230 *RI *NE *DUP
2 MSC-161 Outdoor/Survival Skills 12/18/15 CR 1.00 MSC-161 *NE
2 MAN-248 Intro to Decision Making Mngrs 12/18/15 CR 1.00 MAN-248 *NE
1 ACA122 College Transfer Success 03/09/20 A 1.00 FEL-199 *TE *CC
(Credits in parentheses are anticipated earned)
Collapse/Expand Notes
While we have safeguards in place to ensure all transfer credit applied to your record is accurate, we encourage you to review it also. If you see an error please email registrar@tesu.edu. In the rare case of an error, we do reserve the right to remove or correct transfer credit errors, such as in sources of credit, grades, courses, or credit amounts.

Military Program Residency Requirements

Students enrolled in the Military Degree Completion Program, Navy College Partnership Program and GoArmyEd Program tuition/enrollment plans have a residency requirement.

Students in these plans must earn twelve (12) semester hours of Thomas Edison State University credit in order to earn an associate degree and twenty-four (24) semester hours of Thomas Edison State University credit in order to earn a baccalaureate degree. Please note that the residency requirement at Thomas Edison State University does not mean that you must physically come to the University or attend courses at any physical location.

MILITARY STUDENTS who enrolled in the University prior to October 2012 may have a lesser amount of required residency credits. If this is the case, there will be an additional note listing the specific amounts AFTER the residency course list.

All Thomas Edison State University earned credit satisfies the military residency requirement; including Guided Study/Online/Blended/e-Pack courses, TECEP exams and/or Portfolio Assessment.

The courses listed below are your Thomas Edison State University courses that satisfy your residency requirement. These courses are also listed separately in the area of your evaluation where they fulfill degree requirements.

Total Completed Semester Hours: 0
If you are in a tuition plan that has a residency requirement and your academic evaluation shows that you have met your degree requirements and you have not taken the SH required to meet your residency requirement, you may pay a residency waiver fee. For more information regarding available tuition plans please go to tuition plans.

********************************************************************* *********************************************************************
Community College credit limit

Thomas Edison State University will accept a maximum of 90 semester hours (SH) of transfer credit from junior, county or community college toward a baccalaureate degree. Junior, county and community-college credit will be equated to 100/200 level coursework. Students are responsible for adhering to this policy.

In cases of institutional agreements with community colleges where more community college credits are permitted to be applied to the degree, there will be a note on the top of the Academic Evaluation indicating the limit.

University Policies on GPA

All undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University are required to maintain an overall minimum average of C (a minimum GPA of 2.0) in their Thomas Edison State University courses in order to graduate. This is all your TESU courses, regardless of whether they are being used to fulfill degree requirements or not. Your TESU GPA is reflected on your academic evaluation in the Program Summary Area as TESU GPA: YOUR GPA NUMERICAL VALUE.

In addition, there are specific GPA requirements that apply to courses and grades used to fulfill degree requirements within your academic evaluation.

All undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University are required to maintain a minimum average of C (a minimum GPA of 2.0) in all the credits applied to their degree (Thomas Edison State University and transfer credits) in order to graduate. This is reflected on your academic evaluation in the Program Summary Area as Overall GPA Met: YES.

All area of study courses must be graded C or better (a minimum GPA of 2.0) in order to apply to area of study requirements for undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University.

All undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University can only utilize a grade of C or better (a minimum GPA of 2.0) in the area of English composition and the capstone in order to graduate.

Students must also meet any minimum required GPA standards established by their School to graduate from Thomas Edison State University.

The area below ONLY APPLIES in cases where one or more of the GPA requirements above is not satisfactory.

Please note that IF there are courses listed in the "Other Courses" portion of this evaluation which are noted with the comment code "GPA", these courses cannot be included toward your degree requirements until your GPA improves. You may improve the GPA by completing courses with grades of "B" or better to offset the "D" grade(s).

Please note that IF your current TESU GPA is below a 2.0. You may improve the Thomas Edison State University GPA in two ways:

1.Take the same course at Thomas Edison State University and earn at least a "C" grade.

2.Take other Thomas Edison State University graded credit courses and earning a "B" or better to offset the "C-"or "D" grade(s).

Students must have a 2.0 or above GPA to graduate or any additional standard required by their school. If you have any questions about raising your GPA, please contact the Thomas Edison State University Academic Advisement Center at 609-777-5680.

08/09/21
Credit cannot be granted for military course AR-2201-0799 Regional Analysis as it is currently listed on your military transcript. There is no credit recommendation indicated on your Joint Services Transcript. Please have a corrected, official military transcript sent to our Registrar's Office so that the appropriate credit can be assessed toward your degree.

=================================================================

08/09/21

You have received your academic evaluation that is an assessment of your transfer credit.

The academic evaluation is a tool that will enable you to make a decision regarding enrollment at Thomas Edison State University.

The receipt of all transcripts to be evaluated will move you closer to enrollment and degree completion.

The following transcripts remain outstanding and should be sent to:

Office of the Registrar, Thomas Edison State University, 111 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608-1176

-Central Arizona College

PLEASE NOTE: Only one additional evaluation of your credits will be completed until you enroll.

==================================================================

Notes:
*CC Community College Credit
*DUP Duplicates other credits
*NE Non-course Equivalency
*RI Ruled Ineligible for this program
*TE Transfer Equivalency

@dfrecore
Thanks! I will check the UExcel. And you are right. Tuition is covered by the Army, so it wouldn't hurt if I just take all core courses.

@bjcheung77
posted note above!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 611 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  TESU Academic Evaluation & Maximum Transfer Credits bradonomics 19 1,940 09-07-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,253 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Question about my Academic Evaluation AnalysisParalysis 19 2,151 07-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Yolan
  Study.com, TESU Evaluation & Residency dbrown2258 33 2,397 04-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU evaluation question/complaint Amberlinjeanne 10 1,346 05-24-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Transcript evaluation - transferring RA creds into TESU jazzcat 23 2,706 03-14-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
Question Academic Evaluation with different catalog years AllThose299s 2 679 02-16-2022, 12:57 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  In September enrolled, sent transcripts, got evaluation - Need help navigating mahaganapati 7 869 02-11-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: mahaganapati
  Unofficial degree evaluation - Drop-down menu (certificates) carrythenothing 2 812 01-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing