C204 Management Communication 1 Oral Presentation, 1 Paper
C212 Marketing 2 Papers, 1 Exam
C213 Accounting for Decision-makers 1 Exam
C206 Ethical Leadership 3 Papers
C214 Financial Management 1 Exam
C207 Data-Driven Decision Making 2 Papers, 1 Exam
C215 Operations Management 1 Exam
C216 Capstone 6 quizzes, Team Simulation, 3 papers, Oral Presentation
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Muldoon
I'm starting to think Patten is risky. If you pay and then feel like it's unfair, it might be a really expensive couple classes that was completed. I wonder if someone can pay just 1 month's amount, and if they dislike the program, drop out and not be on the hook for the other 3 payments. Especially if you have a reason such as an unfair exam. I would be a lot more willing to try it if I "only" lost $520 instead of $1996, but it's not just the money. It would also be a frustrating month and the few classes taken could be a pain to transfer. WGU seems to be relatively risk-free since lots of people complete it in 1 term.

I think I should not worry a lot about GPA or lack of GPA.

It's funny as a for-profit, you would think they would monitor forums like this, great opportunity for them to "unrisk" their MBA...
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(02-21-2018, 08:06 AM)Ideas Wrote:  I wonder if someone can pay just 1 month's amount, and if they dislike the program, drop out and not be on the hook for the other 3 payments.

They make you commit for at least one term at a time, and give you a discount if you commit to more than a term. They will not let you enroll for just a single month.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Not surprising about the full term.

Policy lists as 1 term but I was able (just asked) to be on a monthly payment. I have talked about it the forum - completed 2 classes and just couldn't get a good feel/rhythm for the structure and decided to request a cancellation. They were really decent about it and even gave me partial credit because I was under a month.

I was not fully committed to Patten when I enrolled and feel I never gave the program a far shake. Patten has reached out multiple times and each time there is a little pull to complete the program. I'm sure I'll be celebrating someone else before the push is enough to go back.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Ideas
Bjcheung, do you know any doctorates that don't require oral defense, which are cheaper/faster than average? Maybe the thesis by publication types. I am considering overseas too, if the school has a decent rep. Not needing a Masters might speed things up for me (but as you know a Masters is obtainable in about 6 months).

You won't find a PhD that doesn't require oral defense of some kind, IIRC. A general Doctorate (DBA, DSc, etc) may only require a massive project instead of a thesis.

That said, I remember seeing a post on our sister forum about how Australian schools don't often do oral defenses because all the PhDs on the panel don't want to fly to a single spot. With the advent of Skype, this may have changed.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • Ideas
Hi
Patten MBA info here:
Material = 8 Units. Min 3-6 objectives per unit. Min. 4-8 sub-objectives per objective. All units, objectives, and sub-objectives have a voluminous amount of material and the sub-objectives are broken down into smaller sub-sub-objectives if that makes any sense. Almost all of the in-depth readings are from Harvard which is good.
Each Unit Mandatory Work = (Paper to prof (not graded), self-assessed paper, flashcards(almost each objective and every unit), quizzes(not graded) (you have to take all of these and pass and are tracked for and by prof for your progress), 2-3 page graded paper after every 2nd unit which is 4 total before end of course.
End of course = prefinal (which you have to pass to get to the final project and final exam), final project (paper (12- ? page paper, powerpoint, video or project), and a final in-depth comprehensive exam.
The person there said the fastest she ever saw one go through the program was taking 4 or possibly 5 courses a semester (16 weeks). That equates to a minimum 1 year and $6,000. Throw in the final with the possible questions from hell and it will be a very rough go. What was someone saying about no one finishes and they fade away?
Just sayn'....haha
(03-05-2018, 07:35 PM)germ Wrote: The person there said the fastest she ever saw one go through the program was taking 4 or possibly 5 courses a semester (16 weeks). That equates to a minimum 1 year and $6,000. Throw in the final with the possible questions from hell and it will be a very rough go. What was someone saying about no one finishes and they fade away?
Just sayn'....haha

Someone on this forum finished in 4 months for under $2000... while pregnant and caring for a young child. She was writing a lot per week. She had been told nobody else had done it. There are not many others that we know of who attempted Patten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grad Degrees with generous credit transfer NotJoeBiden 8 542 03-02-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  PhD for as little as $1290,66 p/a at a top 150 school. Personherebb9 44 6,886 01-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Tireman4
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 570 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  PhD - Swiss School of Business Research? michaeladsmith2 15 2,458 10-23-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,831 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  ESC Clermont Business School DBA durain 9 1,711 08-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: durain
  Texila & UCN - Masters/PhD Programs bjcheung77 5 2,906 06-13-2023, 04:21 AM
Last Post: ZoeRo
  EdS/Phd Hybrid/Online School Psychology programs? nyvrem 7 2,339 09-02-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  funding sources for Law School without six figures of loan debt EducationSeeker 8 1,196 07-28-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Montpellier Business School Online DBA, AACSB durain 14 3,497 06-14-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: durain