Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "I'm done post"
Hopefully, I haven't jumped the gun on this, because not all of my coursework have been received by TESC, but I'd say I am basically done. So here goes that great post. For information on my degree plan, please see my post http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-plan.html.

Well, I have some very good news. I’m done!!!
Today I finished my last requirement for my degree, and will just be waiting for my transcripts to arrive and be applied to my evaluation. This has been a wonderful journey, and I can say that I’ve enjoyed the challenge immensely.
Here are a few highlights:

• It’s been 29 months since I took my first CLEP (college math), and now with a total 141 credits (I know, I got a little carried away)
• 24 Months and 22 days since I began fulltime work towards degree (had 6 previous credits from above CLEP)
• 8 Months since my enrollment at TESC
• Total cost: $10,001.70 (Slightly +/-)
• Completed one course at TESC for GPA of 3.7 (Note to self: Maybe pick a subject which isn’t your weakest on next time)

I must say that I couldn’t have completed this degree without the help of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There were many low points where I just had to stop and pray for help and guidance (not just in my studies). Others that I must thank are my family, friends, and fellow IC forum members. Some of those members were Ryoder, CLEP101, Purpleteen, Yenisei, and many others who helped through their contributions to the forum (like Snazzlefrag). My brothers also helped me a lot as past TESC alumni. I hope to join them soon.

I began this journey with little knowledge on how to study, but have learned how to discipline myself and achieve accomplishments I never thought possible. Subjects that I would have not otherwise studied were delved into and conquered. My writing skills have always been greatly lacking, but over the last 12 months, they’ve been challenged in so many different ways. This year I’ve probably written around 100 pages for 51 credits that I’ve taken. I am by no means a great writer now, but have grown in my ability to communicate, analyze, and convince.

One area that is a wonderful testimony, as to how people are educated, is that I have never been in a classroom in my life. I’ve never gone to any public or private school for even a millisecond. I began my education at home, and have continued to further it through online/distance learning. Online learning has made, and I believe will continue to make, a tremendous impact on the area of higher education, and better education in general. I’m glad that I’ve been able to take part in it.

My original plan was a BA in Economics, but I decided to go with something that would fit me more in the business world. My screen name is FinancialWorld because I enjoy all areas of finance, and plan on working in the financial industry. I plan on starting a financial investment company with my brother in the near future. We’re in the planning stages, but will hopefully become fully functional by the New Year.

Thank you all again for your help and encouragement, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

FinancialWorld
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
Congratulations! Reading everyone's "I'm Done" posts keeps me motivated!
Testing CreditsALEKS- Beginning Algebra, CLEP Intro Psychology, CLEP Principles of Management, CLEP Principles of Marketing, CLEP Info Systems & Computer App, CLEP Intro Sociology, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, DSST Environment & Humanity, DSST Here's to Your Health, DSST Organizational Behavior, DSST Personal Finance, DSST Substance Abuse, DSST Supervision
Class Credits
English Composition 1, English Composition 2, Nutrition, Intercultural Communications, Introduction to Business, US History 2, College Algebra, HR Management, Professional Selling, Consumer Behavior, Managing Organizational Change, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Statistics
Congrats! I'm happy for you! Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Congratulations! Wish you the best in your future financial endeavors FW.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"]Pixal00p[/SIZE]
--------
Excelsior College - BS in Business, General Business - May 2012
Cal State Fullerton - MS in Software Engineering - Application submitted.
[/SIZE]
GREAT JOB!!!! Your hard work and efforts have paid off. I'm glad that you mentioned your struggles too. So many people think that our educational path is easy or effortless. It can actually take much more self-discipline and motivation to learn topics without the benefit of a classroom and imposed deadlines and you are proof that it can be done!!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
You did it! Congratulations.
Congratulations! I think it is amazing that it is possible to earn such a specific degree with mostly exams! Thank you for sharing your story and degree plan! Best wishes on your future business!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Awesome job!
Thanks for the shoutout Wink

It is hard. There is a lot of studying and reading involved. This is not the path of least resistance, but hard work is its own reward though isn't it?
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
CONGRATS! :hurray:
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
Congratulations!! :hurray: Outstanding news and welcome to the club. I thought you were slacking for a minute there, but I guess I was mistaken. Hope you have a plan to keep on going into graduate studies later on.
Congrats again, cheersmate

Make sure your soon to be company isn't like Bernie Madoff's hilarious
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,072 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Post-June 2018 TESU prices? Pelican 1 1,326 07-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU transcript post graduation Paramedic12 5 2,042 05-31-2018, 11:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  My "I'm done!" post bfleshman 7 2,009 04-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Post Grad employment stories kitkat 18 4,751 02-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  Post graduation credit banking TESU homeschoolmom1 1 1,152 01-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: davewill
  My I'm Done Post... Finally!! Synicaal 10 3,023 08-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  The Big 3 listed in the Top 50 Schools for Post-9/11 GI Bill and TA Life Long Learning 22 2,961 07-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Need help coming up with a plan- details in post Motivated2move 9 2,598 02-04-2017, 03:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore