Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Journey: BA in English from TESU
Ideas Wrote:I'm already doing a double major in Comp Sci and Biology. I don't have much left, but I'm a lot slower with Comp Sci and Biology than other courses. Plus I thought I was going to do English so I spent time on some of those courses.

My ASNSM was Comp Sci and Biology. At the time I didn't think I'd ever do a Bio degree and wasn't sure I would complete the Comp Sci degree as planned.

Good luck with Math!

What!! My first love is Biology, I could not find enough cheapo credits for Biology so I kinda gave up on it for Math and settled on the ASNSM Bio.  Where are you getting the UL Biology courses from?  I was thinking of going the Logan University and APUS route but don't have the cash to pay for school yet.

For BIO, I am missing Cell Biology, Organic Chem I & II w/labs and the 13 elective credits, 12 of them being UL.  The strangest thing is, if I do an evaluation - My LL extra biology courses FIT in the AOS and electives where it specifies, it requires the courses to be 300/400 level.  Does your evaluation do the same thing? Haha...

For MATH, I am missing the same number of courses, but it's easier to find these courses I think, probably cheaper too in the long run.  However, your post is making me think I want the Biology degree more as that is actually more of my interest instead of Math (decisions, decisions...)

I'll spend some time doing a spreadsheet to see which option would be better for me.  BTW, did you get a concentration for your BSBA?  If you did the CIS concentration, you can probably get up to 3 courses or 9 credits moved towards your BA Comp Sci AOS.  

hsfamfun Wrote:I have no idea if this would work or not, but there is quite a bit of discussion about a Non Western Literature class and I saw this LIT 912 African Folktales class at Fresno Pacific Continuing Education.  These classes transcribe as graduate classes and I was told they can be taken by anyone.  It is $435 for a 3 hour class and they send out coupons frequently to those on their email list, although they are usually only $10 or $20 off per class.

Here is the link:https://ce.fresno.edu/independent-studies/lit-912

WOW, thanks for this.  It just might work for someone who wants to get the English degree.  I'll let a fellow member here (pws) know and have him be the guinea pig to see if it will work or not.  I'll have him email TESU advising...  That's a mighty good find if it works... thanks again!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, Muldoon
(05-24-2019, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: What!! My first love is Biology, I could not find enough cheapo credits for Biology so I kinda gave up on it for Math and settled on the ASNSM Bio.  Where are you getting the UL Biology courses from?  I was thinking of going the Logan University and APUS route but don't have the cash to pay for school yet.

For BIO, I am missing Cell Biology, Organic Chem I & II w/labs and the 13 elective credits, 12 of them being UL.  The strangest thing is, if I do an evaluation - My LL extra biology courses FIT in the AOS and electives where it specifies, it requires the courses to be 300/400 level.  Does your evaluation do the same thing? Haha...

For MATH, I am missing the same number of courses, but it's easier to find these courses I think, probably cheaper too in the long run.  However, your post is making me think I want the Biology degree more as that is actually more of my interest instead of Math (decisions, decisions...)

I'll spend some time doing a spreadsheet to see which option would be better for me.  BTW, did you get a concentration for your BSBA?  If you did the CIS concentration, you can probably get up to 3 courses or 9 credits moved towards your BA Comp Sci AOS.  

Since you said "first love", I think you should do it. I will PM you.

I don't know about the evaluation thing you said. I guess you mean unofficial. I have an official eval.

I didn't do CIS as a BSBA concentration, but I did extra CIS courses just because. I think it made things harder because of the "24 new" requirement.

(05-24-2019, 11:01 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: I have no idea if this would work or not, but there is quite a bit of discussion about a Non Western Literature class and I saw this LIT 912 African Folktales class at Fresno Pacific Continuing Education.  These classes transcribe as graduate classes and I was told they can be taken by anyone.  It is $435 for a 3 hour class and they send out coupons frequently to those on their email list, although they are usually only $10 or $20 off per class.

Interesting. I hope that class works for the Non-Western requirement!

(05-24-2019, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Ideas Wrote:I'm already doing a double major in Comp Sci and Biology. I don't have much left, but I'm a lot slower with Comp Sci and Biology than other courses. Plus I thought I was going to do English so I spent time on some of those courses.

My ASNSM was Comp Sci and Biology. At the time I didn't think I'd ever do a Bio degree and wasn't sure I would complete the Comp Sci degree as planned.

Good luck with Math!

What!! My first love is Biology, I could not find enough cheapo credits for Biology so I kinda gave up on it for Math and settled on the ASNSM Bio.  Where are you getting the UL Biology courses from?  I was thinking of going the Logan University and APUS route but don't have the cash to pay for school yet.

hsfamfun Wrote:I have no idea if this would work or not, but there is quite a bit of discussion about a Non Western Literature class and I saw this LIT 912 African Folktales class at Fresno Pacific Continuing Education.  These classes transcribe as graduate classes and I was told they can be taken by anyone.  It is $435 for a 3 hour class and they send out coupons frequently to those on their email list, although they are usually only $10 or $20 off per class.

WOW, thanks for this.  It just might work for someone who wants to get the English degree.  I'll let a fellow member here (pws) know and have him be the guinea pig to see if it will work or not.  I'll have him email TESU advising...  That's a mighty good find if it works... thanks again!

Hi bjcheung77,

What is the cost of the below courses? 

Information Literacy - SOS-110: Living in the Information Age

Business in Society or International Management

Business - Capstone Project
------------------

According to another thread, HES Poetry in America courses will no longer be very cheap after this summer. Regular registration has already closed for summer, but there's 2 more weeks to register with a late fee. I'm considering taking the one I haven't taken already. It would only take half as long since it's a summer course.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • hsfamfun
Unfortunately the late registration fee is $200. But I still recommend getting the summer poetry class(es) while you can, since they are quadrupling in price. Late registration ends the 26th.

I forgot. Someone posted that HES might offer courses at the $200-250 rate again during certain semesters.

(07-01-2019, 03:01 PM)Ideas Wrote: I forgot. Someone posted that HES might offer courses at the $200-250 rate again during certain semesters.

I asked HES staff (although the person probably isn't part of the marketing department) when I saw that a Poetry in America course was at $3000, and was told that prices differ according to semester. It wouldn't be a surprise if they increase the price, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch