Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey: TESU BSBA
Wow, they got my grade posted in less than 24 hours. But it's not showing in my Finance degree eval yet. It would be nice if it got done Monday. 

I don't want to bug them and ask if I'm still going to be evaluated, but I guess I have to if I don't hear by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Finance finally shows Complete. Payment also took forever to get handled, but it has been.

I think I'm in the final stage before confirmation. Under my profile, the BSBA and ASN have now disappeared, which seems to be a good thing. In another thread, someone else said they saw something like "previous degrees" with the name of their upcoming degree, and I see nothing like that. My graduation application dates all disappeared too.

I got my graduation certification emails today. 

I'm glad I don't have to wait long for it to become real. (But I don't recommend that others apply so late and finish their credits so late. Stressful!)

I also think it will feel more real when I get the diploma in the mail, which doesn't take too long.

I'm still a little sad about not getting Math as a concentration, but it doesn't make sense Smile I'm really glad I'm getting the CS concentration now, because I've seen some freelance, volunteer, and maybe even job opportunities where the AS might help. And I wouldn't use the Math concentration for anything practical. It's just something I've wanted on and off since a year ago.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • Joeman200, slmartin
I find it interesting that I never did a SL course for my first degrees. But I've done most of one now, toward my next graduation. Started right after graduating.

My first degrees included most other sources. TECEP, DSST, CLEP (ModernStates), CSU-Global CBE, Study.com, Saylor, TEEX, Sophia, NFA, The Institutes, community college, and AP exams. The B&M school courses a long time ago didn't get used in the degree as it contained duplicates, but I got credits that way. And FEMA courses that don't get credit. A while ago I was originally going to attend COSC and did a GRE subject exam toward that. I was also got a certification to use for credit at a past school, but didn't use a certification at TESU. Maybe later. I also may be trying PLA for the next TESU degree(s).

The conclusion.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Muldoon
Can you post a complete list of your classes and credit?
I feel like that would be really helpful for me!
(04-10-2018, 11:26 AM)inkleind Wrote: Can you post a complete list of your classes and credit?
I feel like that would be really helpful for me!

I didn't do anything special for Marketing or Finance AOS, except for the CSU-Global small business financing exam which is newer, and now dfrecore knows about it. Otherwise it was courses/exams that are in dfrecore's spreadsheets and talked about a lot. Basically just DSST M&B, Study.com, TECEPs. I also did Davar Principles of Sales which is less common, but I believe it can be replaced with other things like another TECEP. I think that's all I did.

Also followed the usual degree plan for the other business core classes, but I had a lot of Davar in there. What I took would be confusing because I did a lot of extra business and GenEd courses.

For Biology, I just did Study.com. I had past B&M lab credits. Some of what I did has been downgraded, so I wouldn't know what to suggest.

Hi, ideas, I just came back here and I found your thread.

Amazing that you are finished! Congratulations!

And thanks for posting your journey, was extremely interesting and helpful.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
[-] The following 2 users Like sarg123's post:
  • eriehiker, Ideas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,638 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,589 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore