Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey to TESU BSBA GM - Advice/encouragement welcome!
Good news! I talked to TESU and they moved my IntermedBusiComp into my Computers category, so now Study.com's Personal Finance course can be used as a free elective and I'm three credits closer to finishing. Woo hoo!

Finished S.C's Principles of Marketing and SL's Macroeconomics yesterday; I'm just waiting to take the final exams. My ProctorU for macro is scheduled for tonight and I'm in the office so I can't take S.C's final until I get off work.

I plan to start SL's Business Statistics next...originally I planned to wait until later but then I realized that it made sense to re-take Stats while it's still fresh in my mind. I'm going to try and power through it and see if I can pass in two weeks or so.

Other plans are Organizational Behavior, Principles of Finance and Business Communications, as well as starting to study for the SM TECEP. I know I won't be ready to take the course until end of July or August, so I'm not going to rush it. Nervous but I hope that once July starts I can pretty much devote all my time to studying for the test and I'll be able to do well.

Waiting for TESU to update my Academic Eval with all the other transcripts I sent them...they do move slow as molasses, lol!
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
It's been a bit of a week! My trusty Macbook Pro bit the dust this past Sunday...*all the tears* I'm in Taiwan, so getting it diagnosed/fixed is a long and expensive process. So I've been without a computer, but have I let that stop me? Nossir! I've been doing my coursework on my office computer and a friend is lending me her laptop tonight so I can take the final exams for SL's Org Behavior and Business Stats. What's your excuse? Wink

Speaking of, I'm SO happy to be nearly DONE with Stats! Not only am I passing the class, but I'm passing it very well...blessings on everyone who recommended that I try Business Stats after failing Into to Stats; it's been so much better. And Org Behavior was pretty easy too.

I've decided I'm going to try and tackle SL's College Algebra next so I can get my math done and out of the way. After that, I'll do my next two S.C scholarship classes before focusing on the capstone TECEP for a few weeks. I hope to take the TECEP sometime in July so I want to make sure that I give some dedicated study time to that.
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
Laptop is still broken. No clue when it'll be fixed; I'm having the worst time hearing back from the repair place I sent it to. *sigh*

In other news, school is plugging along, though. This week I worked on College Algebra (bleh; kicking my butt) and completed S.C Business Communications except for the final exam. I hope to take the final exam tonight on a friend's laptop but we'll see.

I want to start working on the Capstone TECEP within a week or two...hopefully take it by the end of July. At least I can study and do that without needing a laptop with a webcam, and hopefully by the time I'm ready to take the test my computer is operational again.
Woo, dusting off this thread. Time for a little update.

- I got my laptop fixed and back to me shortly after my last post! That was massively, massively helpful. Didn't derail my studying *too* badly.
- Finished College Algebra (ended up switching to ALEKS instead of SL) so now my math is DONE. ALLLLLLL the praise hands.
- I wasn't able to get much work done on my Capstone in July due to moving back to the States from Taiwan...I was just way too busy.
- Since then, I've finished out my S.C Guardian scholarship, and am now 100% focused on the upcoming capstone TECEP at the end of August.

I'm freaking out a *bit* because I have just over three weeks to take the test, but I'd like to do it in two weeks because I'll be leaving for a week vacation and I want it DONE before then. So we'll see. I could really use any encouragement; this is really my last hurdle to graduate because all of my classes I have left are mostly gen-ed type classes (only 3 or 4 business classes left and they're easy). I know I can graduate in December, but I have to pass this TECEP first.

43 credits left to complete (including the capstone); all my remaining classes will be a combination of SL/SC in whatever order/combination makes sense.

Let's go; get 'r done!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gymfan15's post:
  • mc.christi
I passed the SM TECEP! WOOO HOOO

Now the heat is on for finishing in time for October application/December grad. I know people say that you can apply for grad before sending your final transcripts in, but I'm going to work under the assumption that I only have one month to get all my credits done. It's a bit ambitious BUT I really want to challenge myself and try. I have to average one class every three days; I think I can do it since I'm just studying full time. Wish me luck!

39 credits left; 37 required but I'm not sure if I can find a 1cr class for a Gen Ed. So I will probably end up with 122 credits instead of a neat 120 but ya know, it's not that big of a deal, lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gymfan15's post:
  • davewill, mc.christi
Just chugging along...definitely graduating in December, and on track to finish school work at the end of September. I know I don't have to have it all done before October 1st, but it's a goal I've set for myself and I'd like to try and make it. Averaging about 2 classes a week, but sometimes 3 depending on the class.

Four SC, 5 SL, and one TEEX. Let's do this! Big Grin
Just took my last SL final...can I get a HALLELUJAH!?! Don't get me wrong; I appreciate how SL has been able to help me out on my academic journey, but I'm SO glad to be done with the buggy site and ProctorU.

Taking my Environ Studies final at Study.com in a few minutes, and then I just need to finish my American Government course and take the final at Study.com, and I am DONE.

DONE!!!

Grad has been applied for and I've paid all the fees...just need to finish these classes, send in my ACE transcript, and that's it. INSANE! Super excited.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gymfan15's post:
  • quigongene
Woo hoo! Awesome! Congrats! When you're done with your studies... and have some free time, please list your courses + provider so others can benefit from it, or if you have a spreadsheet, just attach it... Good job!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
^^ I posted my degree plan in this thread awhile back, which I think you've seen: http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...?tid=27585

But I'll be sure to update it once I'm finished!
I just sent off my last ACE transcript to TESU yesterday! Now all I'm waiting on is the eval, and I'm officially graduated. Big Grin It's super exciting!

I went ahead and wrote down all of my earned credits so people could see my degree path...as you may notice, I took quite a few classes at Liberty before I figured out that there were OTHER ways to earn college credit at a much cheaper price. *facepalm*

Liberty University (27cr): Instructional Learning and Technology, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Accounting, Computer Concepts and Applications, Managerial Accounting
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US History
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War and Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology
American History I, American History II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Communication, Organizational Behavior, Macroeconomics
Total: 121cr TESU BSBA-GM - December 2017 Grad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,103 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,639 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,730 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore