Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Kindle eBook Available for Free on Amazon
Hello everybody, I haven’t been frequenting the forum as much since graduation, but I do miss the community.

I wanted to let you all know that I published a little Kindle ebook titled How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More). The book is mainly targeted to newbies, but I’m sure that even more seasoned testers can learn from some of my personal experiences related in the text. My intent was to take the most pertinent information on the subject (from this forum and others) and condense it into one ebook that is short enough to be read in one sitting. I focus on the general education credits, since that applies to every student. Of course, I highly recommend InstantCert to readers as my all-time favorite testing resource.

Jennifer DeRosa (IC member: cookderosa) graciously offered to write the foreword to the ebook. The normal price to download from Amazon Kindle is $3.99, but for the next 5 days (thru 5/27), it is available to download free of charge from Amazon.

The chapter breakdown is as follows:

- Why College?
- Types of Exams: A Quick Overview
- Choosing Your College
- Finding a Local Testing Center
- Finding Study Resources on the Web
- Other Study Resources
- The Five General CLEP Exams
- Frequently Asked Questions

For those of you who do not own a Kindle device, you can still download the ebook to read on your PC, Mac, or iPad.

Anyway, thanks to all IC forum members for being so helpful and supportive during my college journey! I dedicated the ebook to all of you.

Andrew Thomas
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Levi,

What an awesome work! And a forward by the "First Lady of Credit by Exam"! Well done! I'm sure this can help a lot of people, and I hope it makes you a few bucks too.

Best,
Reb
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Way to go! Between you and Dcan, the word is really getting out there about how to get a degree. The first step is the hardest, and I'm sure that your publication will make it easier.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Excellent Job! The trailblazers have gone down this path and now you're going back over it making it easier for those to come! I have a feeling that in years to come, what used to be a rough and thin deer trail will become a highway. This is an excellent tool and resource! Thanks!
Thanks so much. Just downloaded it and can't wait to read it. I am just starting out (taken one CLEP, planning to take another next week) and appreciate all the help I can get. I am sooooo glad I found this forum and all the enormously helpful people on it!!
Thanks, guys, for your support!!
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
How did I miss this? Now I went to download and I have to pay. Oh well I guess 3.99 isn't to bad. I will probably try to get my nephew to read it he just graduated High School on Thursday. He wants to join the service and I keep telling him to get at least 15 credits first.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Whoop! Whoop!... cha cha cha... Whoop! Whoop!...cha cha cha... Whoop! Whoop!:hurray:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 388 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Video Uncle Tom Movie Now Free on YouTube LevelUP 5 1,251 07-22-2022, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Free Pair of Prescription Glasses! Add-ons available... bjcheung77 7 1,253 05-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Amazon and McD Heroes! bjcheung77 2 708 01-28-2022, 04:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PDF Converter by Readdle (Free for ios - ipad/iphone) bjcheung77 0 723 01-10-2022, 02:02 AM
  Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K - Pretty Snappy So Far! bjcheung77 0 481 11-20-2021, 08:52 PM
  FREE editing and video production software bjcheung77 11 3,489 11-20-2021, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Eneys
  Amazon Prime: FREE Battlefield 1 Origin Key! Expires Aug. 4, 2021 bjcheung77 5 1,308 08-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Amazon Fire HD 10" Tablet - 32G/64G Sale bjcheung77 1 713 07-25-2021, 12:50 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  [Google Play] "Human" Documentary Movie FREE *Rental* bjcheung77 0 672 07-19-2021, 07:47 PM