Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Path to a BA in Psychology + Some Questions
Hello Forum, 

I finished 86 credits in the last 6 months and I wouldn't have done that without the guidance I found in the posts of this forum. Thank you all. 

Two months prior to taking my first course, I started drafting a study plan based on A LOT of research. This study plan kept changing and improving as I took courses but the goal did not change. It's imperative that you are flexible with moving things around in your study plan. 

My Progress 
1. Finished a total of 86 credits. 
2. Satisfied 6 UL credits out of the required 18 UL credits. 
3. Earned 60 credits from Straighterline. All of them are non-AOS courses. 
4. Earned 24 credits from Study.com. Most of them are AOS courses. 
5. Earned 2 credits from Sophia. (The 2 free mini-courses). 

My Questions 
1. Is there a cornerstone for BA Psychology at TESU? I only saw Capstone on their website. 
2. Should I enroll at the university now even before finishing all the courses that I intend on taking on Study.com? 
3. If I enroll now and start evaluating my credits, can I still take more courses on Study.com and transfer them later? 
4. At TESU, when is the residency waiver due? At the beginning? Or after the credit evaluation finishes? 
5. What is really the capstone? How long do you think I need to finish it? 

I appreciate your responses. 

Thank you.
Congrats.
I have experienced the same. Done more in the last few months after finding the forum than when I started in September 2018.
I am dealing with my residency now, as I want to take UL classes and deciding which is best moneywise.
You can enroll anytime to maintain the same catalog, otherwise it can change on you and then have to abide by different requirements (I believe it changes every three years, depends on college)

(03-03-2020, 10:08 AM)romoh Wrote: Hello Forum, 

I finished 86 credits in the last 6 months and I wouldn't have done that without the guidance I found in the posts of this forum. Thank you all. 

Two months prior to taking my first course, I started drafting a study plan based on A LOT of research. This study plan kept changing and improving as I took courses but the goal did not change. It's imperative that you are flexible with moving things around in your study plan. 

My Progress 

My Questions 
1. Is there a cornerstone for BA Psychology at TESU? I only saw Capstone on their website. 
2. Should I enroll at the university now even before finishing all the courses that I intend on taking on Study.com? 
3. If I enroll now and start evaluating my credits, can I still take more courses on Study.com and transfer them later? 
4. At TESU, when is the residency waiver due? At the beginning? Or after the credit evaluation finishes? 

Thank you.
Cornerstone used to be TES-100 but that changed after June 2019. It is now a 3 credits class SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy. It fulfills the info literacy category, but for those like me who already took TES-100 back in the time, I will need LIT-292 and I will take it as a CLEP exam this month (Analysis & Interpretation of Literature)
(03-03-2020, 10:08 AM)romoh Wrote: Hello Forum, 

My Progress 

My Questions 

Thank you.
Residency waiver isn't due until you apply for graduation, with the graduation fee. 

I'm getting a dual AOS, one is in Psychology and I took all of the non-CLEP and DSST TECEP exams last month, SOC Marriage and the Family, PSY Psychology of Women, and PSY-350 Abnormal Psychology. 

I took CLEP Introduction to Psychology in the 90s, CLEP Introduction to Sociology in December 2019, and a Developmental Psychology course at a community college around 2008 towards my Library and Information Sciences certificate. 

I'm in a bunch of Coopersmith Psychology courses now, because I do learn well like this.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
Your questions have basically been answered, but I have questions for you now. Can you list all 86 credits you have completed? You may want to give us all the credits you have completed so we know what you may be missing. Now, did you do the CSM Learn for your math requirement? Did you do the FREE Ethics course for your ethics requirement? You may have most of your gen ed/free electives completed and a little of the AOS. But, I would recommend doing a few more courses while you're waiting.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-10-2020, 12:07 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your questions have basically been answered, but I have questions for you now.   Can you list all 86 credits you have completed?  You may want to give us all the credits you have completed so we know what you may be missing.  Now, did you do the CSM Learn for your math requirement?  Did you do the FREE Ethics course for your ethics requirement?  You may have most of your gen ed/free electives completed and a little of the AOS.  But, I would recommend doing a few more courses while you're waiting.

Here's the list of courses I've taken so far (Attached). 

I was planning to do College Algebra for my math requirement. What's CSM Learn? 
Also, where can I find that free Ethics course? 

Appreciate your response.

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 9.09.23 AM.png (Size: 427.39 KB / Downloads: 32)
The free courses are listed in my signature, do them all, the CSM Learn is the easiest math/stats course there is! http://www.csmlearn.com do it NOW. I guess you haven't read my Beginners Guide either eh? Anyways here, do them all, it's to get all the free electives/general eds covered and your ethics/math/stats: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

OK, scratch the Ethics course as you'll get duplicates but do the CSMLearn.com course and TEEX courses (one will duplicate), how good are you with math? If you're good, take a couple of math courses from ALEKS, if not, skip them.  You're missing English Comp II, finish it at Study.com as your English Comp I will have overlapping topics/quizzes, you'll need to finish this course quickly.  

So, to recap:  Do Study.com Eng Comp II first [completed/graded before April 1] and American Government second, then the CSM Learn/TEEX cybersecurity courses afterwards.  BTW, are you looking for a BA Psychology? Or are you like a few members here, they grabbed a BALS-Psychology instead... this will get you over the 90 credit mark.  Your remainder should be the required AOS courses and maybe one or two more free electives.

Review the link below and verify you can get all the required field completed with Study.com and other providers, once you have everything, tally up your credits to verify you have 120+ to complete the degree.  Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...Psychology

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • CSMlearn
(03-10-2020, 12:16 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The free courses are listed in my signature, do them all, the CSM Learn is the easiest math/stats course there is!  http://www.csmlearn.com do it NOW.  I guess you haven't read my Beginners Guide either eh?  Anyways here, do them all, it's to get all the free electives/general eds covered and your ethics/math/stats: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

OK, scratch the Ethics course as you'll get duplicates but do the CSMLearn.com course and TEEX courses (one will duplicate), how good are you with math? If you're good, take a couple of math courses from ALEKS, if not, skip them.  You're missing English Comp II, finish it at Study.com as your English Comp I will have overlapping topics/quizzes, you'll need to finish this course quickly.  

So, to recap:  Do Study.com Eng Comp II first [completed/graded before April 1] and American Government second, then the CSM Learn/TEEX cybersecurity courses afterwards.  BTW, are you looking for a BA Psychology? Or are you like a few members here, they grabbed a BALS-Psychology instead... this will get you over the 90 credit mark.  Your remainder should be the required AOS courses and maybe one or two more free electives.

Review the link below and verify you can get all the required field completed with Study.com and other providers, once you have everything, tally up your credits to verify you have 120+ to complete the degree.  Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...Psychology

Very helpful. Thank you so much. 

1. I just applied for TESU. Do you think I have time to take English 2 and have it transferred before April 1st? 
2. You mentioned duplicates in ethics. I took Ethics for Business but I guess I still need Ethics for Social Sciences as it's an AOS, right? 
3. Do I have to take American Gov before April 1st? 
4. What is BALS-Psychology? Excuse my ignorance.
1) Yes, you have time to do this before anything else, put everything on hold until you get this done before April 1.  You just need to have the quizzes/final exam and assignments completed then send it to ACE before the 1st of April.  

As long as ACE says you've done it before April 1st, you can send it to TESU.  You have done Eng Comp I, Comp II is much shorter with just 55 or 65 quizzes and 3 written assignments!  DO IT NOW.

2) Ethics is only required once, you have Business Ethics from StraighterLine, doing the FREE ethics will duplicate it.  If you want to take the Ethics in Social Sciences as well for the AOS, that should be done at Study.com instead.

3) American Government and Ethics can be done anytime AFTER the English Comp II, there is no "cut off date/time" for those courses to be transferred to TESU.

4) BA Psychology is a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology - BALS is a Bachelors of Arts in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Psychology.
BA Psych Link:  https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/psychology
BALS Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies
BALS Psych Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/psychology1

Are you in the USA? I recommend doing the BALS Psychology concentration instead as you can get into a Masters of Psychology from one of the Competency Based Degree providers such as Capella/Walden and crank out a Masters in 6 months or less for a very very affordable price.  The requirement is any Bachelors, so get a BALS with a concentration and then major in General Psych or Industrial/Organizational Psych.  It depends, there are other Psych concentrations or options available at Capella/Walden.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Ad3123
(03-10-2020, 01:13 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 1) Yes, you have time to do this before anything else, put everything on hold until you get this done before April 1.  You just need to have the quizzes/final exam and assignments completed then send it to ACE before the 1st of April.  

As long as ACE says you've done it before April 1st, you can send it to TESU.  You have done Eng Comp I, Comp II is much shorter with just 55 or 65 quizzes and 3 written assignments!  DO IT NOW.

2) Ethics is only required once, you have Business Ethics from StraighterLine, doing the FREE ethics will duplicate it.  If you want to take the Ethics in Social Sciences as well for the AOS, that should be done at Study.com instead.

3) American Government and Ethics can be done anytime AFTER the English Comp II, there is no "cut off date/time" for those courses to be transferred to TESU.

4) BA Psychology is a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology - BALS is a Bachelors of Arts in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Psychology.
BA Psych Link:  https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/psychology
BALS Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies
BALS Psych Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/psychology1

Are you in the USA? I recommend doing the BALS Psychology concentration instead as you can get into a Masters of Psychology from one of the Competency Based Degree providers such as Capella/Walden and crank out a Masters in 6 months or less for a very very affordable price.  The requirement is any Bachelors, so get a BALS with a concentration and then major in General Psych or Industrial/Organizational Psych.  It depends, there are other Psych concentrations or options available at Capella/Walden.

That is very helpful. Again, I appreciate your help. 

I will go ahead and finish English 2 and have it transferred to ACE. 
I will do Ethics in Social Sciences on Study.com 
I will do American Gov after. 

I'm not in the US. I'm an international student (Dubai). I will look into the masters programs (and their residency requirements) right after I finish this BA degree. 

Thanks again.

By the way, I already finished all quizzes for English 2 (Scored 100% of course). I only need to do the essays (I hate the prompts) and then take the final exam (Which I think I can score around 75% in).
(03-10-2020, 02:39 AM)romoh Wrote: By the way, I already finished all quizzes for English 2 (Scored 100% of course). I only need to do the essays (I hate the prompts) and then take the final exam (Which I think I can score around 75% in).

Take the Final Exam ASAP.  It is the date that is used for your course completion.  Then submit all the essays promptly.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 835 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,042 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,880 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International students would like to ask some questions. Ron9 4 779 11-02-2023, 11:25 AM
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 1,642 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  few questions about TESU sekiflying 3 438 08-20-2023, 11:13 AM
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 433 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  Two questions regarding to 1. TESU second degree and 2. bachelor to master program lylx1981 5 1,612 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Henry_Patterson
  TESU - Community College & RA Questions mt_1994 22 1,877 03-08-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: davewill