Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TESU academic evaluation
(07-20-2021, 10:07 PM)park0902 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 05:30 PM)LevelUP Wrote: TESU should have given you a login so you can log into student services. This is where you sign up for courses.  Again you need a wavier to take the Capstone, I was under 100 credits, told them my situation and they granted me a wavier.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/on...t-services

Evaluations are capped at 2 if you only pay the application fee but this is groups of 2.  Meaning you can bring in ACE, RA credit, CLEP all at one time, this only counts as 1 total evaluation.  They are slow at doing evaluations so it may take several weeks to get one done. 

If you do end up taking the Capstone/Cornerstone in August, then you may as well drop the Medical Terminology before August and you should get a full refund.  Hey, $50 is $50 lol.

Also, be aware Amazon prime/Spotify is like 50% off when you are a student, Microsoft Office is free.

If you make under $60,000 a year, you may qualify for the Pell Grant.  (I think it goes by 2020 IRS reported income)  Taking 2 courses at TESU means you are a full-time student according to how the TESU terms are set up. (Pell Grant Award divided by 3 is what you get)  https://studentaid.gov/
Thank you for your recommendation. Saw this on my evaluation so I don't know if it's possible to transfer more credits until my status is official: "07/20/21 You have received your second and final academic evaluation as an applicant. We encourage you to enroll in order to utilize academic advising to facilitate degree completion. If you have any questions regarding your academic evaluation, please call 609-777-5680." I still need some time to get everything ready, I think. I'll try to talk to my advisor to see what they can do.
I'm still new to this, but I read on the Wiki to take the medical terminology TECEP - it costs $50 - and that will officially enroll you. I did this and seems like it worked. I am personally interested in medical terminology so I plan to take the test for 1cr, however the Wiki advises that you can drop this course later and not bother taking it. 

[1] https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th..._to_Enroll
[2] https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...structions
While you can drop the TECEP after enrolling, I personally recommend against doing so. Taking the exam is a great way to get familiar with TESU's proctoring systems. If you get your bearings now, you'll have a lot less stress in the future when taking an exam that actually matters. Treat the medical terminology exam as a dry run for everything and learn from the experience. If you pass you get a bonus RA credit, and if you fail you're out a bit of money but have no other consequences.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
(07-21-2021, 12:16 AM)jch Wrote: While you can drop the TECEP after enrolling, I personally recommend against doing so. Taking the exam is a great way to get familiar with TESU's proctoring systems. If you get your bearings now, you'll have a lot less stress in the future when taking an exam that actually matters. Treat the medical terminology exam as a dry run for everything and learn from the experience. If you pass you get a bonus RA credit, and if you fail you're out a bit of money but have no other consequences.

I agree!  No harm in taking it at all, and understanding the length of time it will take in the future to get hooked up with a proctor, and actually get the test going, is important.  I think it's like 20 minutes, which feels like an eternity when you're ready to take an exam.  Knowing what's "normal" or getting any kinks worked out now will help in the future.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-21-2021, 12:16 AM)jch Wrote: While you can drop the TECEP after enrolling, I personally recommend against doing so. Taking the exam is a great way to get familiar with TESU's proctoring systems. If you get your bearings now, you'll have a lot less stress in the future when taking an exam that actually matters. Treat the medical terminology exam as a dry run for everything and learn from the experience. If you pass you get a bonus RA credit, and if you fail you're out a bit of money but have no other consequences.

Ok, I'm confused, why does the OP need experience with TESU's proctor system which uses ProctorU?

Both the Liberal Arts Capstone and SOS-110 Cornerstone don't have any exams.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • park0902, TwinMom
(07-21-2021, 01:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Ok, I'm confused, why does the OP need experience with TESU's proctor system which uses ProctorU?

You're correct - there's no point gaining experience with the proctoring system if only taking the liberal arts capstone and information literacy. This is one case where it may make sense to drop the TECEP. However, this student still requires several UL credits, which may utilize some kind of remote proctoring system somewhere. Additionally, I am always mindful that most degreeforum users are guests from Google searches and other sources. Thus, I try to give advice on this forum that is applicable to a wide range of situations and explain the underlying reasoning. That's why I didn't say "never drop the TECEP", but rather recommended against it.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • park0902, rachel83az
(07-21-2021, 02:12 PM)jch Wrote: That's why I didn't say "never drop the TECEP", but rather recommended against it.

One thing I wonder is what if you take the TECEP and pass it, then what happens a year later when you need to extend your TESU enrollment for another year?

Do they let you enroll for the medical TECEP again even though you passed it?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • park0902
(07-21-2021, 02:21 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 02:12 PM)jch Wrote: That's why I didn't say "never drop the TECEP", but rather recommended against it.

One thing I wonder is what if you take the TECEP and pass it, then what happens a year later when you need to extend your TESU enrollment for another year?

Do they let you enroll for the medical TECEP again even though you passed it?

Yes, they do.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, park0902
(07-21-2021, 01:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

I did not realize that - I only took the Business Capstone, and it has a midterm.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-20-2021, 05:30 PM)LevelUP Wrote: If you make under $60,000 a year, you may qualify for the Pell Grant.  (I think it goes by 2020 IRS reported income)  Taking 2 courses at TESU means you are a full-time student according to how the TESU terms are set up. (Pell Grant Award divided by 3 is what you get)  https://studentaid.gov/

It is my understanding, from the associate director of financial aid at TESU, that the federal policy has apparently changed.  I'm currently enrolled (July term is my first and last semester, doing the two required courses). My original Pell grant award, which actually showed on my financial accounting statement from TESU, indicated that the Pell grant (1/3 of the total award) would have covered almost all of my 6 credits.  However, I got an email a couple of weeks later saying that they had made a mistake, that 6 credits was no longer full time according to new Federal guidelines, and so I was only eligible for half of the 1/3 disbursement of the Pell funds.

I wrote back and basically said I wasn't happy, as I had called three separate times, spoken to two different people and had one check with a supervisor to verify that the original award was the correct one.  The associate director responded back and said "Yes, I'm sorry, everyone was having difficulty learning the new rules, but that's the case."

She did offer that for students who are enrolled currently or in the August 1st term that if they have been affected by Covid, that there are funds available from the CARES and American Rescue act to colleges that can help out.  I don't know what funds are available or what it takes to get them, but that might be an option for some.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • park0902
I can confirm that LevelUP is incorrect. For Pell Grant purposes at TESU, 6-8CR is half time, 9-11CR is 3/4 time, and 12CR is full time. Taking less than 12 will result in a pro-rated reduction in Pell Grant eligibility. I've verified this with financial aid, and it's also listed in the financial aid handbook here: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/financial-aid-forms
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • park0902

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,302 12 minutes ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 2 246 04-05-2024, 08:51 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az