Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TESU degree plan
Thanks davewill and bjchung77.
I haven't decided which program I should take yet, but probably BA CS or BSBA. BjChung77 and davewill suggested me to take General education and elective courses first. So I planed a general elective courses first. 

I selected all courses from section D: Understanding the physical and natural

D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World
Title                                                                   From
CIS-107: Computer Concepts and Applications      Study
CIS-301: Management Information Systems         Study
CIS-311: Database Management                         Study
CIS-320: System Analysis and Design I
CIS-351: Software Engineering                         Saylor
COS-101: Introduction to Computers                 Saylor
COS-116: C Programming                                 Study
COS-213: C++ Programming                             Saylor
COS-231: Assembly Language
COS-241: Data Structures                                 Saylor
COS-330: Computer Architecture                        Saylor
COS-352: Operating Systems                          Study
COS-451: Artificial Intelligence                         Saylor
CTR-212: Programmable Logic Controllers

Any suggestion? please advice.

It look like several courses are not credited by ACE.
Only those courses are credited by ACE.
CIS-351 Software Engineering

Does that mean I waste time and money if I take the other courses in Saylor?
CIS-320: System Analysis and Design I - AVAILABLE AS A CBE THROUGH CSU-GLOBAL
CIS-301: Management Information Systems Study - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT, TAKE THROUGH DSST, DAVAR OR ED4CREDIT
CIS-311: Database Management Study - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT, AVAILABLE AS A CBE THROUGH CSU-GLOBAL
COS-101: Introduction to Computers Saylor - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT - TAKE INTRO TO COMP SCI I INSTEAD
COS-213: C++ Programming Saylor - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT - TAKE THROUGH SL INSTEAD

COS-116: C Programming Study - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT
COS-241: Data Structures Saylor - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT
COS-330: Computer Architecture Saylor - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT
COS-352: Operating Systems Study - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT
COS-451: Artificial Intelligence Saylor - NOT AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT

CTR-212: Programmable Logic Controllers
COS-231: Assembly Language
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks dfrecore. So I have to select the other section A, B or C. What a pity.
BSBA will be cheaper. All courses except capstone can be tested out of.

GenEds are the courses which are not in the computer/business area of study. They are courses like sociology, English Comp II, etc.

(11-06-2017, 04:54 AM)Ideas Wrote: BSBA will be cheaper. All courses except capstone can be tested out of.

GenEds are the courses which are not in the computer/business area of study. They are courses like sociology, English Comp II, etc.

Thanks Ideas.
I just want to finish GenEds quickly, so I select all computer courses as I could get the credits in one month probably. But it looks like Saylor, SL or Study doesn’t have those ACE courses
Also, whichever degree you choose, you're going to want those courses in your AOS, not in GenEds. They will be useful in both the BACS and in the BSBA-CIS.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(11-06-2017, 08:28 AM)davewill Wrote: Also, whichever degree you choose, you're going to want those courses in your AOS, not in GenEds. They will be useful in both the BACS and in the BSBA-CIS.

Thanks davewill. I know those computer courses could be core courses in the other program. I just want to finish it as quick as I can.
I will find out all these GenEds which are credited by ACE.

Are only courses credited by ACE or NCCRS that accepted by TESU?
Go here to find out GenEd options. http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Sanant...on_Options

Besides ACE and NCCRS, there are other exams like CLEP, DSST, UExcel, TECEPs, and CSU-Global CBE. There are also some online schools with self-paced classes.

Computer Sci is slow. Some of the computer courses will probably take you 12+ weeks. Also, some of them need a prerequisite, so it can take a long time if you don't have any yet. I mean like you have to take Intro Programming then Programming then Data Structures, instead of taking them at once.

(11-06-2017, 08:55 AM)Ideas Wrote: Go here to find out GenEd options. http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Sanant...on_Options

Besides ACE and NCCRS, there are other exams like CLEP, DSST, UExcel, TECEPs, and CSU-Global CBE. There are also some online schools with self-paced classes.

Computer Sci is slow. Some of the computer courses will probably take you 12+ weeks. Also, some of them need a prerequisite, so it can take a long time if you don't have any yet. I mean like you have to take Intro Programming then Programming then Data Structures, instead of taking them at once.

Thanks Ideas. I read that post several days ago.
So TESU could accept credits from ACE, NCCRS, CLEP, TECEP, DSST, UExcel, AP, FSIE etc.
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/Testing.cfm

According to your experience, which degree program is the fastest?
Anyway, I need to finish all Ged first.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,975 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,637 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic