Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TESU enrollment goals and a few questions
I need to enroll with TESU and finish my plan if I want to graduate on time. Unfortunately, I got a really bad cold a few days ago. I am slowly getting better but my voice is almost gone and I can't even really talk. Should I anticipate any interactions over the phone with TESU? Can everything be done via form submissions and emails? 

Here are the steps I am going to take and what I would like to achieve, hopefully talking on the phone is not required but if it is then I will wait until I am 100% better. It would be nice to get the ball rolling though.

My steps:

1) Create Profile online at TESU & Pay $75 to apply online.

?) Sign up for FAFSA at steps #1 or #2. (this can take up to 6 weeks I think)

2) Submit transcripts from ACE. (this takes a few weeks?)

3) Email TESU counselor and tell them how I would like my credits to be mapped (I have read about others doing this in advance).

Okay, I need help with this next step.

4) I want to first get my Associates Degree and later within this same year finish my Bachelors without paying the residency waiver twice. Is getting an email
    from the TESU staff good enough proof? Do I need to go out of my way to document this or is this just a standard policy of theirs? Do I need to make it clear upfront that I plan to get both an Associate and Bachelors degree?  I am trying to understand if there is something specific I need to do to make this happen?   

When I log into the TESU student portal will it show my academic progress and remaining requirements for just the Associate Degree (since that is my 1st goal) or will it show my progress and remaining requirements for the Bachelors degree? 

Thanks.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Nope, you shouldn't require any phone calls at all. I don't see any reason to try a specify in advance how the credits are mapped. If you're not sure how one will come in and you need to know before you take it, then having it planned in is a help. Otherwise, let them all come in, THEN ask for any corrections that are needed. They will usually get it right.

As for the residency waiver thing, an email is probably the BEST way to get confirmation as it creates a record trail both in your hands and in their system. Finally, The student portal will show progress for both degrees.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • AwardTour
(01-07-2019, 02:50 PM)davewill Wrote: Nope, you shouldn't require any phone calls at all. I don't see any reason to try a specify in advance how the credits are mapped. If you're not sure how one will come in and you need to know before you take it, then having it planned in is a help. Otherwise, let them all come in, THEN ask for any corrections that are needed. They will usually get it right.

As for the residency waiver thing, an email is probably the BEST way to get confirmation as it creates a record trail both in your hands and in their system. Finally, The student portal will show progress for both degrees.

I figured you would have the answers but instead of sending you a private message I just made a public thread. I'm glad you replied and thanks again for the help.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
TESU is generally going to take a month to add any transcript you send them, so plan on that.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • AwardTour
All your steps are perfect and doesn't require you calling TESU advising at all.  For #4, you should have an email trail for everything, I do so by emailing them and having it archived for my records.  You should also email them you're looking to add the BA/BS into your academic profile.  You can do an What If and see how you're doing to keep track of your credits.

There is one thing to note, you need to "finish" the Bachelors within the year if you want to use the one residency waiver.  I highly recommend you to complete more than the required credits for the Associates before you apply for graduation.  

I don't anticipate you taking longer than a year to get the final 60 credits but "things happen".  So, you may want to get up to say 75 credits or maybe even 90 credits and then apply for associates graduation, if you can wait that is...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • AwardTour
(01-07-2019, 03:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: All your steps are perfect and doesn't require you calling TESU advising at all.  For #4, you should have an email trail for everything, I do so by emailing them and having it archived for my records.  You should also email them you're looking to add the BA/BS into your academic profile.  You can do an What If and see how you're doing to keep track of your credits.

There is one thing to note, you need to "finish" the Bachelors within the year if you want to use the one residency waiver.  I highly recommend you to complete more than the required credits for the Associates before you apply for graduation.  

I don't anticipate you taking longer than a year to get the final 60 credits but "things happen".  So, you may want to get up to say 75 credits or maybe even 90 credits and then apply for associates graduation, if you can wait that is...

Davewill mentioned being able to see both in the academic profile as well. I am going to email them to create the email trail/proof. Then I will keep an eye on my academic profile and I should be able to see both by BS and AS represented on my profile. If I don't see that then I will know that something is up potentially. Either way I will get my email confirmation/proof gathered.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 771 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch