Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My advisor doesn’t respond to my emails. Excelsior College
Hello,  looking for advice on how to deal with an advisor that doesn’t answer most of the communications I send him.   They say that I need approval to take courses but he never answers when I send emails regarding classes I want to take.  I am a multi-source student so I’m only planning on taking 4 credits at Excelsior.  It’s getting rather frustrating since I’m down to last few classes.   Thanks
I would just contact them and ask for a new advisor. If they ask why, tell the truth.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning, saraholson
(06-14-2019, 05:53 PM)ddillenberger Wrote: Hello,  looking for advice on how to deal with an advisor that doesn’t answer most of the communications I send him.   They say that I need approval to take courses but he never answers when I send emails regarding classes I want to take.  I am a multi-source student so I’m only planning on taking 4 credits at Excelsior.  It’s getting rather frustrating since I’m down to last few classes.   Thanks

I've had that problem with Excelsior as well.  Are you emailing your adviser directly or are you using the Message Center?  I've had more success in getting responses through the message center. Direct emails don't really get me quick responses, if any response at all.  The other option is to just call; calling is 100% more reliable.

If you have been having recurring issues with your adviser, it might be good to also contact the Ombudsperson through the message center as well.
BSNS - Excelsior College - 2019

AASIO - Cochise College - 2012

[-] The following 1 user Likes TheMaskedMutant's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(06-15-2019, 11:02 AM)TheMaskedMutant Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 05:53 PM)ddillenberger Wrote: Hello,  looking for advice on how to deal with an advisor that doesn’t answer most of the communications I send him.   They say that I need approval to take courses but he never answers when I send emails regarding classes I want to take.  I am a multi-source student so I’m only planning on taking 4 credits at Excelsior.  It’s getting rather frustrating since I’m down to last few classes.   Thanks

I've had that problem with Excelsior as well.  Are you emailing your adviser directly or are you using the Message Center?  I've had more success in getting responses through the message center. Direct emails don't really get me quick responses, if any response at all.  The other option is to just call; calling is 100% more reliable.

If you have been having recurring issues with your adviser, it might be good to also contact the Ombudsperson through the message center as well.
I have tried direct emails to my advisor with very little luck hearing back from him.   I just think it’s funny because after I enrolled he sent a canned email to me saying he’d be there to answer questions every step of the way.  The message center has been hit or miss.  I will try to call on Monday.   Thanks for your input.
(06-15-2019, 08:43 PM)ddillenberger Wrote: I have tried direct emails to my advisor with very little luck hearing back from him.   I just think it’s funny because after I enrolled he sent a canned email to me saying he’d be there to answer questions every step of the way.  The message center has been hit or miss.  I will try to call on Monday.   Thanks for your input.

Yeah, when Excelsior rolled out the direct email system, they advertised it like it would be a perk. However, upon first and subsequent usage, I rarely got a response. The problem I found with the direct emails was that my original adviser changed jobs, and so stopped responding. The program director changed in the middle of an issue, and then stopped responding (i'm assuming he was let go, because his name was no longer associated with the school). I think it's a result of their downsizing and consolidation efforts in the past year or so.
BSNS - Excelsior College - 2019

AASIO - Cochise College - 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 528 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 997 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,727 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,742 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,398 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,367 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,139 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,829 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,307 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,365 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az