Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Online Graduate courses
It will be my first time taking online courses at Graduate level or undergraduate. What thing I need to focus one online class vs Face to Face classes. I am so worry, the online courses are harder than face to face classes. I want some tips or thing I need to prepare for the online classes. I would like to feedback. thanks
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Masters University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

There is a plethora of information about online courses and the student's role in them. Please do some searching.

Whether they are easier or harder is a hugely individual concept. An aspect that might be difficult for you might be trivial to someone else.

Generally speaking, you will be in greater control of the scheduling of your learning since most online experiences are asynchronous. You don't just show up to class at a time and day specified.

Also, the learning will be "chunked" throughout the week. Instead of one or two several-hours long classes, you'll likely find yourself "touching" your course almost every day of the week throughout the term of the course.
It depends on what program you're doing. Many online programs are writing intensive and have little or no quizzes and exams. Besides that, I think it's about the same in terms of difficulty.

I have taken both in seat graduate classes and online.  I like them both, but I don't really see one as harder than the other.  They are just different.  In class, you listen to someone talk and do assigned work.  Online, you watch a lecture or a video and then do assigned work.  In person classes, you interact with classmates in person.  Online, you interact with classmates through discussion boards if they have them, if not, you really don't interact.  Both types of classes have merit, but I honestly don't have a preference.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(03-26-2019, 07:50 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: I have taken both in seat graduate classes and online.  I like them both, but I don't really see one as harder than the other.  They are just different.  In class, you listen to someone talk and do assigned work.  Online, you watch a lecture or a video and then do assigned work.  In person classes, you interact with classmates in person.  Online, you interact with classmates through discussion boards if they have them, if not, you really don't interact.  Both types of classes have merit, but I honestly don't have a preference.

I really appreciate for everyone input. I am going to attend for online MBA. I still wait for the admission process. I am worry that I can not handle because the online experience is total different with face to face class. Let hope I can handle it.  Let hope there is a board discussion, so the professor know that I am participating in class.

(03-25-2019, 11:06 PM)Ideas Wrote: It depends on what program you're doing. Many online programs are writing intensive and have little or no quizzes and exams. Besides that, I think it's about the same in terms of difficulty.

I am doing online MBA. I do not know if there is quiz or group project yet.

Imbanewbie, what school are you doing your MBA at
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-26-2019, 10:44 AM)jsd Wrote: Imbanewbie, what school are you doing your MBA at

I submit three application it still pending for admission approval. Both school are WGU, LSU and MSU. I am looking for the most affordable tuition and regional accredited. Jsd are you studying for MBA?

Are you in the US? WGU is US only.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-26-2019, 01:57 PM)jsd Wrote: Are you in the US? WGU is US only.

Yes I am inside USA

(03-25-2019, 12:34 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: It will be my first time taking online courses at Graduate level or undergraduate. What thing I need to focus one online class vs Face to Face classes. I am so worry, the online courses are harder than face to face classes. I want some tips or thing I need to prepare for the online classes. I would like to feedback. thanks

I found that each class was a little bit different and that each instructor's proficiency really played a big part in my classes. I had professors that weren't very tech savvy, which makes it hard.

I would say that you should check your message board and email EVERY DAY because 100% of communication will be written, so you'll need to get used to that. Also, your professor may not give lectures, and if that's the case, then you'll have to get all your learning through reading, which can also be a challenge.

But, if you can master the logistics of it all, it's an exceptionally convenient way to take classes. Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,582 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,862 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,484 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 334 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 596 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 492 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,031 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 646 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 364 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,032 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy