Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My road to BALS
Congrats! It's great that they sorted that out for you. However they really should have been able to suggest that on their own once you asked about the social science concentration. In fact, I would have expected their computer system to automatically make that adjustment if they performed a "what if" for that degree concentration...which I suspect they didn't bother to do.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-13-2019, 05:38 PM)davewill Wrote: Congrats! It's great that they sorted that out for you. However they really should have been able to suggest that on their own once you asked about the social science concentration. In fact, I would have expected their computer system to automatically make that adjustment if they performed a "what if" for that degree concentration...which I suspect they didn't bother to do.

Yes, I should not be doing their job, but I'm happy everything is still working out. Most likely none of my current tests will feed into a degree at TESU but they might help me get another here at UAF. One of my goals is to have a strong undergrad social sciences amount of credit for several review panels that will evaluate them. Also, I'm considering doing 5 more years in the military and that helps me long term.

I received this from TESU this morning and I completed the secondary information request. They just want to know about my employer and if there are transcripts incoming. I should expect the audit done by March. This should give others an idea of what is happening now towards the final steps of my BALS.

"This letter acknowledges the receipt of your Request for Graduation to pursue the BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences for the June 7, 2019 graduation. Please be aware that your file will not be audited if the graduation fee has not been paid and you will be required to reapply for graduation through Online Student Services again and pay the graduation fee that is applicable when you reapply. Please note that fees are subject to change and the graduation fee when you reapply may be different from the fee when you originally submitted your graduation application.

To fully complete your graduation application process, please do the following:

1. Fill out the “Request for Supplemental Information” immediately so we can begin to process your application.

2. Logon to Online Student Services under “Change My Address” to verify that we have your current mailing address, email addresses and phone numbers.

3. You requested that we print your name on your diploma as John J. Gentry. If this is not correct please reply to this email with the correct information.

4. Notify us at registrar@tesu.edu if you have earned a degree at another institution since enrolling at Thomas Edison State University.

All materials pertaining to graduation, such as external transcripts and fees should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar before April 1, 2019. Please keep in mind that the receipt of these requirements after the deadline may delay the graduation process of your intended degree. If you are enrolled in a TESU course, please refer to the Graduation Information section on the TESU website for graduation eligibility.

The following steps detail the graduation process:

A degree audit will be conducted to ensure that all academic and financial requirements of the intended degree have been satisfied. If you have any outstanding academic or financial requirements, you will be notified by email. The degree audits for the June 2019 graduation will begin the week of March 25, 2019. Students are reviewed in the order in which they submit the Request for Graduation forms, so we will first audit the students who applied for graduation near the beginning of the application period (January 2 – April 1). Priority given to students whose academic evaluations show that they have completed the course requirements of their intended degree. All students who apply for graduation during the application period will be reviewed. You may view a copy of your current academic evaluation by accessing your Online Student Services account. If you have any pending transcripts or courses that you are currently in progress of completing, please keep in mind that these credits will not appear on your academic evaluation until these have been submitted and reviewed by the University.

If it has been determined that you have met all of the requirements of the degree, your name will be submitted to the Board of Trustees at its next scheduled meeting for approval of degree conferment. If you have not satisfied the requirements of the degree, you will be considered for the next available graduation in September 2019.

Please note that your degree conferral information will not appear on your transcript until after the graduation date. Once your degree has been approved by the Board of Trustees, a final student copy of your transcript listing the awarded degree will be mailed to you along with your Thomas Edison State University diploma. The diploma package will be mailed within two weeks after the graduation date.

If you have any questions about the graduation audit process or the status of your degree audit, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 609-984-1180 or registrar@tesu.edu, Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:30pm ET. If you have an outstanding financial obligation that could prevent you from the graduation process, please contact the Office of Student Financial Accounts at 609-984-4099 or studentaccts@tesu.edu, Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:30pm ET, to have this matter resolved.

We are looking forward to your graduation from Thomas Edison State University and congratulate you on reaching this important goal!"
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Do you pay all of the graduation fees when submitting the graduation application or at a later date?
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
zzzz24 Wrote:Do you pay all of the graduation fees when submitting the graduation application or at a later date?

You pay the graduation fee and the residency waiver for graduation.
They make sure all your fees are paid before they do any auditing.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-14-2019, 08:00 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Do you pay all of the graduation fees when submitting the graduation application or at a later date?

Yes everything is paid and I just need the audit once my DSST transcript arrives.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
After one last test tomorrow that is redundant I will be preparing for the Watson-Glaser test. I am applying to several universities and several programs here locally.
Everything is paid and I applied for graduation. I still need TESU to fill in my English II on my evaluation. They are waiting for my TECEP grade and I also took the DSST just to be sure. So from what advising told me that if I fail the TECEP the DSST should automatically be moved to fill the needed credit.

Now I'm not one to stop and wait and the TESU policy on any credits earned before my degree is 100% confirmed cannot be used really agitates me. I have several tests I'm ready to take now and I'm currently taking additional language classes now at the University of Alaska Fairbanks and another in May. None of these can be used at TESU but they can be used here so it's alright. It's testing that I want to keep going and will now wait.
I just checked my Thomas Edison Degree evaluation and it now shows 100% completed. It looks like I passed Eng II with the DSST and the TECEP test. Overkill I know but I wanted to be sure. Once I receive an email confirmation from my audit they will send me my degree on June 7th.
[-] The following 5 users Like vetvso's post:
  • allvia, davewill, Merlin, mudball, quigongene
I paid the other day too.. the exchange rate is killing me $$$
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(03-05-2019, 07:03 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I paid the other day too.. the exchange rate is killing me $$$

That's great and it seems there is a lot of us getting degrees this here on the forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 413 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 414 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,142 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  need help designing TESU BALS degree plan ece2001biz 8 1,098 02-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BALS(PSY) ragkrish 10 1,038 07-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Last Post: ragkrish
  Capstone BAlS desoren 6 968 06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
  Upper Level Options - BALS BSBRose21 13 1,616 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: BSBRose21
  BALS concentration or no Concentration desoren 4 924 09-27-2021, 08:48 AM
Last Post: desoren
  BALS - Humanities - Course suggestions Learnfordegree 13 1,970 09-23-2021, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  495 capstone BALS vs BA Mitmike2019 9 1,225 08-11-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: allvia