Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My road to BALS
I received my formal letter from TESU stating my degree would be conferred on June 7th. So now the VA is happy and I can keep pushing forward. My language studies have been doing well in German, Manderian and soon Russian. German is my focus language and I begin my year two in the program in May. I am taking another history course on the Middle East and some MALS courses for the moment. I'm going to try again to get accepted into my preferred program for next spring once I have two BA degrees and several classes at the Masters level completed. The team over in the Masters in Emergency Management are begging me to join them since I have a strong background and with international business/Military experience. I would just prefer to be in the Northern Studies program since I can justify taking advanced classes in all of my other interests. My school here seems to prefer accepting women from Europe at the moment and they already have a Master's degree. So I'm hoping to be more competitive in the spring of next year.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
Alright so June 7th has come an gone and my unofficial transcript still has no mention of a degree. Is this normal or should there be an annotation on this transcript?
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
I don't see anything on my TESU portal mentioning me graduating. I think it is on the official transcript if we order one though. I'm wondering how long it takes for the diploma to come in through the mail as I'm eager to receive it.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
Supposedly they mail them out this week and I think a transcript comes with the diploma but I'm unsure. Maybe someone else can confirm what arrives in the mail.
The unofficial transcript doesn't show your degrees, just the courses. You'll receive a copy of your official transcript along with your diploma.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(06-11-2019, 02:50 PM)davewill Wrote: The unofficial transcript doesn't show your degrees, just the courses. You'll receive a copy of your official transcript along with your diploma.

Thank you for the confirmation.
I got a padded holder for the diploma, and the official transcript was in there as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Do you remember how many days after conferral it took for you to receive the diploma in the mail?
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
I never received any email about them being mailed out like some people..
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(06-11-2019, 01:43 PM)vetvso Wrote: Alright so June 7th has come an gone and my unofficial transcript still has no mention of a degree. Is this normal or should there be an annotation on this transcript?

Go into OSS and do an Academic Evaluation of your Degree Program.  It will obviously say "Complete" at the top.   Scroll to the bottom of the transcript and look for Prior Degrees or Conferred Degrees.  Mine shows my Bachelor conferred June 7.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 414 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 415 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,145 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  need help designing TESU BALS degree plan ece2001biz 8 1,098 02-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BALS(PSY) ragkrish 10 1,041 07-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Last Post: ragkrish
  Capstone BAlS desoren 6 968 06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
  Upper Level Options - BALS BSBRose21 13 1,618 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: BSBRose21
  BALS concentration or no Concentration desoren 4 924 09-27-2021, 08:48 AM
Last Post: desoren
  BALS - Humanities - Course suggestions Learnfordegree 13 1,972 09-23-2021, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  495 capstone BALS vs BA Mitmike2019 9 1,227 08-11-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: allvia