Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My road to BALS
(06-11-2019, 08:06 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 01:43 PM)vetvso Wrote: Alright so June 7th has come an gone and my unofficial transcript still has no mention of a degree. Is this normal or should there be an annotation on this transcript?

Go into OSS and do an Academic Evaluation of your Degree Program.  It will obviously say "Complete" at the top.   Scroll to the bottom of the transcript and look for Prior Degrees or Conferred Degrees.  Mine shows my Bachelor conferred June 7.

That doesn't work for me. It just gives me an error that I don't have an active program.

I did get an email saying that I had completed all the requirements and another talking about shipping the diploma. I was just really hoping to get a "Congratulations! You are now officially a graduate!" email.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
Well, mine also disappeared. i am no longer in a program. It was just there last week.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

yep, gone for me too
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
Yes, mine is gone as well.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Pick some other degree at random to run an eval, and you'll see it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Degree Completion: Thomas Edison State University BALS-Social Sciences 
Here are my official completion pictures/post and evidence that even an old veteran like myself can learn new things and complete a degree while working over the years. I still have many LL university credits and goals to better myself. I will be working on a Masters and several more degrees at the undergraduate level. Some for fun and some to enhance my career skills. Thank you, everyone, here since 2007 when I first discovered this group and I have been taking credits from all over the world since then in multiple ways. I will keep everyone here updated as I continue on my education journey.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-06-18-at-7.23.24-PM.png]
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
[-] The following 3 users Like vetvso's post:
  • badooble, ChilliDawg, Muldoon
(06-18-2019, 10:32 PM)vetvso Wrote: Degree Completion: Thomas Edison State University BALS-Social Sciences 
Here are my official completion pictures/post and evidence that even an old veteran like myself can learn new things and complete a degree while working over the years. I still have many LL university credits and goals to better myself. I will be working on a Masters and several more degrees at the undergraduate level. Some for fun and some to enhance my career skills. Thank you, everyone, here since 2007 when I first discovered this group and I have been taking credits from all over the world since then in multiple ways. I will keep everyone here updated as I continue on my education journey.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-06-18-at-7.23.24-PM.png]
Looks beautiful! Congratulations!! And wish you much success and fulfillment in your future endeavours.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Just a quick update since receiving my degree last summer. With past experience and the degree, I landed a major management position within my technical field at Intel Corp and with a major pay raise. I now have 5 more months to wait and they will cover most of my future classes if I choose to use them. I will continue to test out and take classes online for degrees that interest me and use them within my line of work.

So if you're deciding if it is worth it; don't give up and keep pushing forward. The checkbox does help and you can keep going higher depending on what you do.
[-] The following 2 users Like vetvso's post:
  • Clepper43, davewill
(10-31-2019, 04:39 PM)vetvso Wrote: Just a quick update since receiving my degree last summer. With past experience and the degree, I landed a major management position within my technical field at Intel Corp and with a major pay raise. I now have 5 more months to wait and they will cover most of my future classes if I choose to use them. I will continue to test out and take classes online for degrees that interest me and use them within my line of work.

So if you're deciding if it is worth it; don't give up and keep pushing forward. The checkbox does help and you can keep going higher depending on what you do.

Congratulations on your appointment on new management position.
What was a quick ROI for your BALS.

If I may ask, what is your line of work at Intel Corp?
Your image attachment shows personal information. I recommend you remove it immediately.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 413 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 414 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,143 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  need help designing TESU BALS degree plan ece2001biz 8 1,098 02-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BALS(PSY) ragkrish 10 1,038 07-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Last Post: ragkrish
  Capstone BAlS desoren 6 968 06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
  Upper Level Options - BALS BSBRose21 13 1,616 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: BSBRose21
  BALS concentration or no Concentration desoren 4 924 09-27-2021, 08:48 AM
Last Post: desoren
  BALS - Humanities - Course suggestions Learnfordegree 13 1,970 09-23-2021, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  495 capstone BALS vs BA Mitmike2019 9 1,225 08-11-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: allvia