Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My strangest post ever.....I promise!
I JUST finished my last Anatomy and Physiology II lab :hurray: Between both of them and chem, I have done 36 home labs. (the fun starts to wear off somewhere around number 20). Anyway, I have extra stuff. Much of it I'm keeping since I'll need it for next semester, however, I have a few specimens that are preserved (non-stinky) in sealed plastic and can be dissected. I'll have to look, but I think I have at least 1 brain, and maybe a kidney....or was it a heart? Anyway, I have them and don't need them.

Do any of you want to dissect something? I'm happy to send them to you for free, and I can give you the web addy for our class support page and online lab manual. That paired with google and a knife will take you through everything you need to know.

If you want them, send me a pm. I have 4 exams this week- so it'll be NEXT week before I worry about shipping- but let me know asap- otherwise they're going in the trash.
How big is the brain? I could use a spare one! hilarious
Wow.. You weren't kidding! An offer to mail organs is definitely the weirdest post I've ever seen here, too Tongue
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Gross........:puke:
Started 5/09
*** EXAMS PASSED***
[SIZE="1"]Hist I & II, American Gov, Intro to Comp, Prin of Markt, Intro to Bus,
Civil War and Recon, HTYH, A&I Lit, SS & His, Intro Soc, Subs Abuse,
Human G & D , Fund of Coun, Western Civ I, II, Freshman Comp, Vietnam War, Europe Since 1945, Ethics, Technical Writing, Intro to Modern Middle East[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

TESC:
FEMA: PD Series
ALEK :[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="1"][I]
“I think therefore I am” Rene Descartes
"Grant me the strength to change the things I can; the serenity to accept the things I can’t... and the wisdom to know the difference".Smile Smile
[/SIZE]
[/B][/I]
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Navy"]For those who believe, no proof is necessary; for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. [I][I][I][I][SIZE="1"]Stuart Chase[/SIZE][/I][/I][/I][/I]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
cookderosa Wrote:I JUST finished my last Anatomy and Physiology II lab :hurray: Between both of them and chem, I have done 36 home labs. (the fun starts to wear off somewhere around number 20). Anyway, I have extra stuff. Much of it I'm keeping since I'll need it for next semester, however, I have a few specimens that are preserved (non-stinky) in sealed plastic and can be dissected. I'll have to look, but I think I have at least 1 brain, and maybe a kidney....or was it a heart? Anyway, I have them and don't need them.

Do any of you want to dissect something? I'm happy to send them to you for free, and I can give you the web addy for our class support page and online lab manual. That paired with google and a knife will take you through everything you need to know.

If you want them, send me a pm. I have 4 exams this week- so it'll be NEXT week before I worry about shipping- but let me know asap- otherwise they're going in the trash.

You can see where they came from here: Home | Hands On Labs
How do these labs work Jennifer? They look like a really neat way of knocking out the requirements.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Chebasaz Wrote:How do these labs work Jennifer? They look like a really neat way of knocking out the requirements.
>>

For fun, anyone can do it- just order the lab. It comes with a lab manual and a companion site that has multi media to support the labs. A typical class has about 12 labs and contains all of the histology slides too. It contains everything you need except a microscope and some simple home supplies (table salt, a tooth pick, etc). This would work well for a homeschool group where a microscope and lab could be shared. A lab paq costs a lot, $150-$200, so sharing would be optimal.

For credit, the college uses the labs to support the classroom instruction and do not allow sharing under any circumstances. So, you do the school stuff and then you do your labs at home. In my class, the school stuff consists of quizzes, tests, reading, discussion forum posts, written assignments, doing an online dissection, watching a power point, and then using the multimedia animation. Then, I do the labs taking photos at each step, compile a "lab report" according to the teacher's instructions (usually about 15-20 pages) and send it through the class drop box. The classes are crazy amounts of work- seriously. Doing 2 of these this semester was too much, I won't make that mistake again. Of all the online courses I have taken, I'm finding the sciences (done this way) to be very hard. I wouldn't hesitate to take 2 lab sciences ON CAMPUS somewhere - but there is just sooo much to do on your own that I would consider busy-work.

BUT, that said, people here who CLEP are generally good self-teachers, so for you guys- I recommend it. Especially if you need only 1 or 2 science classes.
I'm happy to suggest schools that use Lab Paqs if you want online sciences w/lab for credit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post formatting settings ? Chimera 2 412 03-19-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  For Sale: Post Graduate University bjcheung77 5 1,117 05-30-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Pretentious Post-Nominal Letters jamshid666 5 2,714 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Wichita Promise Move sanantone 0 918 01-23-2019, 08:30 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  US Masters CBE While Traveling Abroad[Long Post] yb1 7 2,700 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Why do you not post on the other forum? sanantone 41 9,614 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decimon
  Post-Retirement IT Job Advice? (BEWARE: Crazy Question) LaterBloomer 12 2,681 08-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  My third ALL DONE post. soliloquy 19 3,255 05-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  "U.S. millennials post ‘abysmal’ scores in tech skills test, lag behind foreign peers lavagirl 30 5,112 03-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Post Degree Blues burbuja0512 23 2,761 03-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Last Post: ryoder