Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mysonx3's Law School Thread
happy to learn that i could help in a small way on your path, even if it was an off-hand remark. i was considering a JD for a while, and have family and friends in the field, so i have a little familiarity with the process.

i wish you the best and know you're going to nail it, and look forward to watching how it plays out for you.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Two more practice test scores to report: last Thursday, I scored a 176 (perfect on Logic Games, three wrong on Logical Reasoning, three wrong on Reading Comprehension). I was feeling a bit down about how my last two scores were both lower than my previous two, but I made an adjustment (or, more accurately, undid an adjustment that was recommended to me which ended up being unhelpful) on Logical Reasoning. Combining that with some luck led to...

TODAY I GOT MY FIRST 180 (PERFECT SCORE) ON A PRACTICE TEST!!

It feels so good to know that I can score that, even if I still have a lot of work to do to make it a likely scenario. 52 days until the test!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 4 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • HeatherCO, Ideas, jsd, MSK9
Remind us, what were you scoring on prep tests when you started? How long have you been studying? What materials did you use?

I obviously need to take a few clues from you.

Fantastic work! That is NOT an easy score at all!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Bravo! That's great! Practice makes perfect. I'm no subject expert to the LSAT or anything remotely "Law". But...
I myself like to "inculcate" the material when I try to learn something i'm really interested in and try to retain the info.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-07-2020, 11:39 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: Remind us, what were you scoring on prep tests when you started? How long have you been studying? What materials did you use?

I obviously need to take a few clues from you.

Fantastic work! That is NOT an easy score at all!

My initial diagnostic score (in August) was a 169. I took another after just a bit of studying in September, and scored a 167 on that one. Then I took a couple months (mostly) off, and picked up again around Christmas/New Year's. This was my fifth PT since then (seventh overall).

As for materials, I used the PowerScore Logic Games Bible at the start, and then at Christmas I bought a 7Sage membership. Mostly it's just been doing practice questions that has helped me - I got the gist of things pretty easily without needing to be "taught", I just needed to practice actually doing it in the allotted time.
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • HeatherCO
So, as alluded to earlier in this thread, JSD made a comment on some thread ~18 months ago that tipped me off about the requirements to have a GPA show on your law school applications. I read over those requirements probably 100 times, but I've still been dreading the possibility that I misunderstood and would have to apply without a GPA showing (due to all my ACE/NCCRS credit).

Well, today I got the email that my transcripts have been processed by the Law School Admission Council, and they officially calculated a GPA! I will be applying with a 4.0!
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 7 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • alexf.1990, allvia, jsd, Marcus Aurelius, MSK9, Pikachu, quigongene
Okay, now I am jealous on two accounts! Congratulations though! Keep us updated as you start to apply to schools.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(02-12-2020, 03:07 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: So, as alluded to earlier in this thread, JSD made a comment on some thread ~18 months ago that tipped me off about the requirements to have a GPA show on your law school applications. I read over those requirements probably 100 times, but I've still been dreading the possibility that I misunderstood and would have to apply without a GPA showing (due to all my ACE/NCCRS credit).

Well, today I got the email that my transcripts have been processed by the Law School Admission Council, and they officially calculated a GPA! I will be applying with a 4.0!

You're going to knock the LSAT out of the park and your going to have some amazing numbers on those applications

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Update: While I was initially slated to take the LSAT on the 30th of this month, that has been canceled due to the coronavirus, and I'm now slated to take the test on April 25th, if that administration is not also canceled.
Completed:

Up Next:

Bummer. Well, more forced prep time, I suppose!

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • mysonx3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,736 536,676 3 hours ago
Last Post: spree610
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 181 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,296 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,038 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,078 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,768 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,319 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,645 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,094 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Caribbean Immigration (Med School Discount! - Secrets - Shhh...) bjcheung77 19 4,650 09-29-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess