Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mysonx3's Law School Thread
happy to learn that i could help in a small way on your path, even if it was an off-hand remark. i was considering a JD for a while, and have family and friends in the field, so i have a little familiarity with the process.

i wish you the best and know you're going to nail it, and look forward to watching how it plays out for you.
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (12/32cr), 2021?
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Two more practice test scores to report: last Thursday, I scored a 176 (perfect on Logic Games, three wrong on Logical Reasoning, three wrong on Reading Comprehension). I was feeling a bit down about how my last two scores were both lower than my previous two, but I made an adjustment (or, more accurately, undid an adjustment that was recommended to me which ended up being unhelpful) on Logical Reasoning. Combining that with some luck led to...

TODAY I GOT MY FIRST 180 (PERFECT SCORE) ON A PRACTICE TEST!!

It feels so good to know that I can score that, even if I still have a lot of work to do to make it a likely scenario. 52 days until the test!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University (completed, set for March '20 graduation)
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University (completed set for March '20 graduation)

Up Next:
JD, School To Be Determined

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 2 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • jsd, MSK9
Remind us, what were you scoring on prep tests when you started? How long have you been studying? What materials did you use?

I obviously need to take a few clues from you.

Fantastic work! That is NOT an easy score at all!
MBA, Walden University (In progress)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Bravo! That's great! Practice makes perfect. I'm no subject expert to the LSAT or anything remotely "Law". But...
I myself like to "inculcate" the material when I try to learn something i'm really interested in and try to retain the info.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Business & IT Certs (Lean, 6Sigma, Google IT Professional, etc)
Udacity Nanodegree: AI Product Manager, Digital Marketer

Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
ENEB Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(02-07-2020, 11:39 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: Remind us, what were you scoring on prep tests when you started? How long have you been studying? What materials did you use?

I obviously need to take a few clues from you.

Fantastic work! That is NOT an easy score at all!

My initial diagnostic score (in August) was a 169. I took another after just a bit of studying in September, and scored a 167 on that one. Then I took a couple months (mostly) off, and picked up again around Christmas/New Year's. This was my fifth PT since then (seventh overall).

As for materials, I used the PowerScore Logic Games Bible at the start, and then at Christmas I bought a 7Sage membership. Mostly it's just been doing practice questions that has helped me - I got the gist of things pretty easily without needing to be "taught", I just needed to practice actually doing it in the allotted time.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University (completed, set for March '20 graduation)
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University (completed set for March '20 graduation)

Up Next:

So, as alluded to earlier in this thread, JSD made a comment on some thread ~18 months ago that tipped me off about the requirements to have a GPA show on your law school applications. I read over those requirements probably 100 times, but I've still been dreading the possibility that I misunderstood and would have to apply without a GPA showing (due to all my ACE/NCCRS credit).

Well, today I got the email that my transcripts have been processed by the Law School Admission Council, and they officially calculated a GPA! I will be applying with a 4.0!
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 6 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • alexf.1990, allvia, jsd, Marcus Aurelius, MSK9, quigongene
Okay, now I am jealous on two accounts! Congratulations though! Keep us updated as you start to apply to schools.
MBA, Walden University (In progress)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(02-12-2020, 03:07 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: So, as alluded to earlier in this thread, JSD made a comment on some thread ~18 months ago that tipped me off about the requirements to have a GPA show on your law school applications. I read over those requirements probably 100 times, but I've still been dreading the possibility that I misunderstood and would have to apply without a GPA showing (due to all my ACE/NCCRS credit).

Well, today I got the email that my transcripts have been processed by the Law School Admission Council, and they officially calculated a GPA! I will be applying with a 4.0!

You're going to knock the LSAT out of the park and your going to have some amazing numbers on those applications
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (12/32cr), 2021?
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information MSK9's Medical School Thread & Guide MSK9 58 4,371 02-10-2020, 07:57 AM
Last Post: MSK9
  TESU graduate - Grad School on campus program? hoffdeb 1 204 01-20-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate School after Charter Oak/TESU Elizabethcl 8 967 01-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Last Post: jonesy20
  National Law School Tuition Search SweetSecret 0 147 01-06-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Master's Program at Harvard Extension School HogwartsSchool 18 1,588 12-31-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  New from Harvard Extension School Jonathan Whatley 91 6,306 07-29-2019, 08:54 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  My Grad School Thoughts - Masters/PHD bjcheung77 117 17,690 07-13-2019, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Graduate School hesitation - MBA or CS/Data Science? NolaRice 4 533 05-28-2019, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  California Southern University Law School - No Longer Enrolling Sacricolist 11 1,188 03-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: addision
  Question for Big Three Gads who Went on to Grad School retro 21 1,788 03-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: kevinmane