Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NA degree transfer to TESU?
Unistic, how's it going? What is your ultimate goal with this second Bachelors? Is it for personal learning? Or are you planning to learn more in IT since your undergrad was in IT? Have you thought about continuing in Data Science since you're taking the Eastern MS Data Science?

While we're on topic of the Eastern MS Data Science, I read your last post on the sister board. It seems you're interested in the Eastern MBA as well. I guess being having some GI benefits left and having some time to do your "Life Long Learning Plan", it's great to see what options there are. I would suggest finishing one at a time before jumping onto the other...

I would take some time to focus on what you want to do in the next few years. I also am into "Life Long Learning" and my plans are in all directions depending on my moods and situation, it changes... I would recommend to see what your interests are and go with that interest, be it Business, IT, or whatever. You don't really need the second Bachelors when you can go for a Masters, some with entry level prerequisites required.

This might be of interest to you after your Eastern MS Data Science: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...USD-1-Year
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-27-2021, 12:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You might be able to back-transfer some of those graduate courses to TESU to use them for a CS degree.

Hi I just saw that I can open a individual learning account at TESU and transfer my credits there.  My Georgia certification program accepted my FEMA credits because there on a TESU transcript (I used credit banking with them in 2010) so if I do Clep or the NY Spanish test that you advised me last one time and other Sophia learning I might be able to bank those in a TESU transcript and use it ??? What do you think and what are good fast credits that I send to TESU for my credit banking …. This are for my paraprofessional certification requirements
ACE credits have their own transcripts (using the Credly platform). But, for credit banking, I think Excelsior is the better choice these days: https://www.excelsior.edu/support-resour...ranscript/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-04-2021, 10:29 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ACE credits have their own transcripts (using the Credly platform). But, for credit banking, I think Excelsior is the better choice these days: https://www.excelsior.edu/support-resour...ranscript/

EC charges for FEMA credits now. And it's quite expensive. It starts at $750 and goes up based on how many credits you have. Since they already have a credit bank with TESU I would continue with that because their FEMA credits are already on it. I spoke with them about adding my FEMA credits and was told they don't even accept all of the FEMA courses which is frustrating since you're paying such a high amount to bank them. My FEMA credits were free so I wasn't about to pay $1500 to bank them. That made no sense to me.
TESU Individual Learning Accounts (credit banking) are only good for one year. I don't know if the FEMA credits would still be listed after 10 years. https://www.tesu.edu/about/registrar/ind...ng-account
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
It's not that the account is good for one year. TESU will evaluate your transcripts for a year. It doesn't say that your account goes away after the year.

From the website:
The Individual Learning Account fee entitles students to transcription services for one year.

This page doesn't even mention FEMA. TESU did change their credit banking a year or so ago. The poster already has credit banking at TESU so it may be easier to keep it there. No need for additional transcripts to be sent as it's all on file. They should definitely call TESU and see how their old credit bank works now.
(07-04-2021, 10:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU Individual Learning Accounts (credit banking) are only good for one year. I don't know if the FEMA credits would still be listed after 10 years. https://www.tesu.edu/about/registrar/ind...ng-account
They already have my TESU fema transcript and they accepted it. I don’t need it again. I need new college credits. So really it can be any accredited university that banks credits that I can use to make my ace courses “look better” for them.
EC is $300 to TESU's $400.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(07-04-2021, 10:24 AM)VAG8088 Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 12:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You might be able to back-transfer some of those graduate courses to TESU to use them for a CS degree.

Hi I just saw that I can open a individual learning account at TESU and transfer my credits there.  My Georgia certification program accepted my FEMA credits because there on a TESU transcript (I used credit banking with them in 2010) so if I do Clep or the NY Spanish test that you advised me last one time and other Sophia learning I might be able to bank those in a TESU transcript and use it ??? What do you think and what are good fast credits that I send to TESU for my credit banking …. This are for my paraprofessional certification requirements

In the event they don't take ACE per say, and they did at one point take TESU credit banking, you may have luck with enrolling at TESU and choose the med term TECEP, have any ACE classes added to your degree plan and you'll then have a TESU student transcript showing them. Would not cost much either.

Then , once the work crisis is over, start on your degree again :-)
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
@VAG8088, if credit banking will work, then ACE credits should be fine. Hopefully that will work and you'll be good to go with ACE/CLEP, options. However, you want to revisit the CHEA/USDOE issue pointed out here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ge-credits - Get back to us with what you find. The more info, the better feedback.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,356 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 213 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 363 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill