Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affordable Educational Institution
University of South Africa?
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • Consultant
(12-28-2023, 12:42 PM)nyvrem Wrote: University of South Africa?

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.
There are many many of them (if you did a search or reviewed threads in the graduate section), you really need to complete the addendum and template so we know what your overall overview situation is, without that info, it's going to be hard to provide any concrete advice without knowing your particular scenario. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Consultant
(12-28-2023, 03:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There are many many of them (if you did a search or reviewed threads in the graduate section), you really need to complete the addendum and template so we know what your overall overview situation is, without that info, it's going to be hard to provide any concrete advice without knowing your particular scenario. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Thank you for the feedback and advice, I will complete the addendum next time if I have a question.
(12-28-2023, 11:29 AM)Consultant Wrote: advice or recommendations for an accredited Educational Institution to complete my doctorate that is in the bracket of $ 2700 to $4500.

In Europe (Sweden, etc) it's common that a doctorate is treated like a job and the "student" gets a paid salary for doing it - you don't pay them, they pay you. I have no idea if you would be able to transfer any work, but as doctorate projects are very specific, I'd assume not. Be careful as I have heard from a close friend from their personal experience that at the PhD level there is a LOT of bad practice and cheating going on including people breaching ethics (stealing passwords of your fellow students or browsing their computer as they go to the bathroom, in order to steal their work; purposefully leaving off a fellow student's name on the research paper; not following proper procedures regarding animal test subjects; the phd position was internally promised to a candidate before they started advertising but legally they have to advertise it, so they put the ad up but reject all applicants... the list goes on). I found a portal search site for PhDs in Europe here but didn't test it or check to see if any offer online PhDs: https://www.phdportal.com/articles/721/h...urope.html
I have a little more information to share about the Asian College of Teachers program. They did not respond by email and actually looked me up on Telegram, which I never use. Because of that I didn't see the response for about a month. Expect them to look you up on Telegram or Whatsapp instead of responding by email, even if you explicitly tell them that email is the best way to reach you. In almost every message I received they pushed me to have a verbal conversation, which did not ingratiate then to an introvert with a few straightforward questions. I missed phone calls from a random number in India that ended up being ACT.

I was able to confirm that the doctorate they issue is indeed a PD, not an Ed.D. Attached are copies of the diploma and transcript you receive upon completing the program. 

Scholarships are available based on previous academic achievement. I sent them my ENEB transcripts (2 degrees with perfect grades) and they offered me $2100 if paid prior to the program starting or $2400 on a payment plan. I ended up passing on it for now. i might have gone for it with a PhD option, but the prospect of having to explain what a PD is combined with lack of stable income led to me passing on it for now. PD standing for physically disabled in my mind is probably not helping on a subconscious level.

There is an intake starting next week. That may or may not be the only time of the year you are able to start the program.

I cannot comment on the quality of instruction as I never received the sample course they were supposed to send.

Attached Files
.jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2024-01-29 at 6.21.31 PM.jpeg (Size: 58.54 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2024-01-29 at 6.21.31 PM(1).jpeg (Size: 71.25 KB / Downloads: 4)
Yeah, they dropped the pricing to their PD and Honorary Doctorate degrees... A few years ago, the PD was 10K and the Honorary Doctorate was 50K... Earlier in the thread, or previously in another thread, I wrote about their PhD by research or publication option for $20K, they gave me the 75% off scholarship and it was offered at $5K and I still didn't bother with them even though Validential evaluates and recognizes them as RA equivalent.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Goals bjcheung77 6 394 03-10-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 425 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  Woolf University - Educational Partnership & Institutions bjcheung77 23 2,344 01-21-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Erasec63
  Oopsie, student is attending the wrong institution... bjcheung77 2 421 10-15-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Institution or Professor review websites bjcheung77 2 798 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Magical, Mystical, Money Machine - Educational Technology bjcheung77 1 507 11-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Most Affordable Alpha 3 914 04-09-2021, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 13 2,894 08-06-2020, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Is there an affordable or competency-based Digital Arts program? Pelican 6 2,459 05-03-2020, 10:51 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Affordable community colleges or state univs for online CS courses? jonsnow 4 1,361 04-20-2020, 01:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77