Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NCCRS transcripts to Pierpont?
Has anyone been granted credit for NCCRS courses/transcripts at Pierpont?

If so, from whom, and how was the transcript sent?

Thanks!
I never did get credit for the NCCRS credits at Study.com. Never heard back from NCCRS when I wrote to them about the issue (because Pierpont is listed as an accepting institution). I had enough credit so I didn't push it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-04-2021, 08:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I never did get credit for the NCCRS credits at Study.com. Never heard back from NCCRS when I wrote to them about the issue (because Pierpont is listed as an accepting institution). I had enough credit so I didn't push it.

Right, that's the confusing part, they're listed on NCCRS.  Did you try sending a paper transcript from SDC?
No, I didn't send a paper transcript. I didn't even think of doing that. Maybe it would've worked? I have no idea. If you're going to need the NCCRS credit anyway for your degree, I would say to go ahead and try anyway.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-04-2021, 08:54 PM)rachel83az Wrote: No, I didn't send a paper transcript. I didn't even think of doing that. Maybe it would've worked? I have no idea. If you're going to need the NCCRS credit anyway for your degree, I would say to go ahead and try anyway.

Fair enough.  I'll give it a shot.
(03-04-2021, 09:21 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 08:54 PM)rachel83az Wrote: No, I didn't send a paper transcript. I didn't even think of doing that. Maybe it would've worked? I have no idea. If you're going to need the NCCRS credit anyway for your degree, I would say to go ahead and try anyway.

(03-04-2021, 09:21 PM)ctcarl Wrote:

I was able to get credit for SDC Workplace Communications course through NCCRS at Pierpont. It was a Excelsior transcript. Have SDC send it to NCCRS and they would send to Pierpont as a transcript. It was a long process but I remember everyone I spoke at NCCRS/Excelsior was very helpful.
(03-04-2021, 10:25 PM)Learnfordegree Wrote: I was able to get credit for SDC Workplace Communications course through NCCRS at Pierpont. It was a Excelsior transcript. Have SDC send it to NCCRS and they would send to Pierpont as a transcript. It was a long process but I remember everyone I spoke at NCCRS/Excelsior was very helpful.

Right, that's because SDC has an exclusive agreement with Excelsior to transcript their credits. But that won't work for other sources of NCCRS credits, like Davar or Coopersmith.
Excelsior is good with this transcript part, but it may not work in all instances.  They have a service called OneTranscript, it's awesome for $40, to store all your ACE/NCCRS and other alternative credits just in case, it can be used for other institutions that accept ACE/NCCRS and may not take it directly from NCCRS providers.  I wouldn't mind using them for "credit bank" options...

NCCRS Providers such as OnlineDegree.com, Davar, Coopersmith, and whatever else should best be put onto that type of transcript for safe keeping of credit in case the provider goes away, you'll have some type of storage space for your credits...  This minimal/nominal fee is so much cheaper if you are going through a partnership, otherwise, it's $295 plus $20 each additional transcript!

FYI - Here are the example credit options they'll "credit bank" for you - Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/support-resour...ranscript/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-05-2021, 02:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Excelsior is good with this transcript part, but it may not work in all instances.  They have a service called OneTranscript, it's awesome for $40, to store all your ACE/NCCRS and other alternative credits just in case, it can be used for other institutions that accept ACE/NCCRS and may not take it directly from NCCRS providers.  I wouldn't mind using them for "credit bank" options...

NCCRS Providers such as OnlineDegree.com, Davar, Coopersmith, and whatever else should best be put onto that type of transcript for safe keeping of credit in case the provider goes away, you'll have some type of storage space for your credits...  This minimal/nominal fee is so much cheaper if you are going through a partnership, otherwise, it's $295 plus $20 each additional transcript!

FYI - Here are the example credit options they'll "credit bank" for you - Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/support-resour...ranscript/

Not sure where you're seeing OneTranscript is $40. This is from the link you provided. OneTranscript is also not open to EC students so if you later become an EC student you lose this. I looked into this a lot last year and discussed with an academic advisor at EC because I have at least 6 transcripts and it's a pain to get them all the time since some is still snail mailed. 

Submit payment for the $295 fee that includes a student copy of your transcript, and $20 each additional official transcript or student copy requested.

• When you’ve earned new credits, you can update your record with payment of $25 per transcript to be added.
Yeah, they're still offering the $40 one transcript service to "partnership" providers.  We should make a list, but I assume any ACE/NCCRS provider would be "good to go" with one of these type of transcripts, it's best to correspond with the institution the student is going to study at though...

Here's an example from Onlinedegree.com : http://help.onlinedegree.com/en/articles...transcript
Study.com used to do the same thing, here's a post from a few years back: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid265939
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 389 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 168 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 366 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 550 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 549 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 823 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,473 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,213 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 884 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,229 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM