Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ACE Credit Providers
Information 
*Just a forewarning: I don't have any experience with these providers so I can't make any promises about how good they are or how their process works.

1) Sur La Table Online Culinary Institute

6 online, self paced, culinary courses for $299/each. Each course is worth 3 ACE credits and is estimated to take 55 hours. A little pricey but if someone happened to want or need these specific culinary courses(for a degree requirement or concentration requirement or just because they wanted to learn more culinary topics), it's not a bad deal.

ACE listing

Sur La Table site

List of their courses

2) Excel Education Systems through WOLI

WOLI is somewhat controversial as in the past there was some confusion/misunderstanding of their accreditation but their ACE recommended courses can be confirmed by visiting the ACE National Guide. It appears that they currently have 14 ACE courses and counting. They appear to be $199/each(link to the course pricing) though maybe there's a possibility of bundling to save. While most of their general education courses can definitely be found elsewhere for cheaper, they do have a few niche courses that are less common by alternative credit means like Bankruptcy and several Law courses.

ACE listing

Excel site

WOLI site

another link for good measure

3) National Society for Leadership and Success

This one isn't as straight forward as the others since it requires membership with their society. They have many chapters with various colleges and universities including WGU, though I didn't see any of the Big 3 listed. There's 3 leadership courses worth 3 credits each(one is UL) and they are also listed with NCCRS (though for less credits). If one meets the requirements, it appears that there's a 1 time membership fee of $95 and there are other membership benefits with the society. I'm going to try and join this one even though the credits themselves won't specifically benefit my undergrad pursuits. 

ACE listing

NSLS site

I'm waiting for a response from one other potential candidate to get clarification on their pricing before sharing here. Let me know what you guys think. Hopefully this information will benefit some of you.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 7 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, DeanLewis, harrypotter, jch, jsh1138, rachel83az, RachelB
Not super useful for me personally, but it's great to see new offerings. The WOLI law courses, especially, might be useful for someone.

Unfortunately, the Sur La Table credits at TESU will likely only be free electives. So they'll probably only be useful at Excelsior. But it's nice to see more variety.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-14-2021, 03:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Not super useful for me personally, but it's great to see new offerings. The WOLI law courses, especially, might be useful for someone.

Unfortunately, the Sur La Table credits at TESU will likely only be free electives. So they'll probably only be useful at Excelsior. But it's nice to see more variety.

Why would they be useful at Excelsior? Aside from general electives like TESU.
(02-14-2021, 04:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 03:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Not super useful for me personally, but it's great to see new offerings. The WOLI law courses, especially, might be useful for someone.

I misread and thought that there were UL credits available at Sur La Table. If there were, that would not work at TESU for a BALS but it could work at Excelsior where you need UL credits outside of the AOS.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-14-2021, 04:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 04:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

I misread and thought that there were UL credits available at Sur La Table. If there were, that would not work at TESU for a BALS but it could work at Excelsior where you need UL credits outside of the AOS.

I was just curious because Excelsior used to have a bachelor's degree in hospitality management back like 10 years ago. 
IF I wasn't so focused on finishing UMPI I would totally do the National Society of rLeadership 3 credits :O

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 466 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,081 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 573 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 711 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 854 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,872 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,566 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 2,009 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,044 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby
  Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit MNomadic 1 947 01-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Kab