Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS
UMPI Undergrads please don't make the mistake that others did by submitting a final without a draft. Yes, the draft will slow you down by a few days, but, it is worth it. Always submit a draft to get feedback before the final.

Education Tip: Once you submit your final draft, ASK for another class! Tell them "Hey I submitted my final for X, can I start on a new class now?" 

Education Tip 2: For multiple choice exams, don't rush to take them. Go to ALL the quizzes you took and purposely FAIL the quizzes, do this 3-4 times. UMPI rewords quiz questions and uses them in the final test bank.
(11-05-2021, 10:55 PM)ashkir Wrote: UMPI Undergrads please don't make the mistake that others did by submitting a final without a draft. Yes, the draft will slow you down by a few days, but, it is worth it. Always submit a draft to get feedback before the final.

Education Tip: Once you submit your final draft, ASK for another class! Tell them "Hey I submitted my final for X, can I start on a new class now?" 

Education Tip 2: For multiple choice exams, don't rush to take them. Go to ALL the quizzes you took and purposely FAIL the quizzes, do this 3-4 times. UMPI rewords quiz questions and uses them in the final test bank.

That is excellent advice. I followed it, and it made a big difference.
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Federicojavier's post:
  • DolceDolce
(11-05-2021, 10:55 PM)ashkir Wrote: UMPI Undergrads please don't make the mistake that others did by submitting a final without a draft. Yes, the draft will slow you down by a few days, but, it is worth it. Always submit a draft to get feedback before the final.

So the quiz grades don't count against your final grade?
(11-08-2021, 07:23 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: So the quiz grades don't count against your final grade?

No. There is no grade on quizzes. The syllabus covers this.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • DolceDolce, elledee2020, Pikachu
(11-08-2021, 07:29 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 07:23 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: So the quiz grades don't count against your final grade?

No. There is no grade on quizzes. The syllabus covers this.

Thanks.  I am not starting until January, so still learning tidbits before I get going.

This may be a silly question, but to submit a draft do we just upload our assignment in the "final assessment" area but clearly label it as a draft? I now have access to the YourPace interface and am working on my first course but I can see no specific mention of where/how to submit a draft, must have missed it in the shuffle.

S
(01-18-2022, 12:52 PM)lidel Wrote: This may be a silly question, but to submit a draft do we just upload our assignment in the "final assessment" area but clearly label it as a draft? I now have access to the YourPace interface and am working on my first course but I can see no specific mention of where/how to submit a draft, must have missed it in the shuffle.

S

When you upload your file a screen will pop up asking if you want to submit it a rough draft or final draft. Select rough draft.
[-] The following 4 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • DolceDolce, Holmes, Pikachu, suzycupcake
(01-18-2022, 12:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 12:52 PM)lidel Wrote: This may be a silly question, but to submit a draft do we just upload our assignment in the "final assessment" area but clearly label it as a draft? I now have access to the YourPace interface and am working on my first course but I can see no specific mention of where/how to submit a draft, must have missed it in the shuffle.

S

When you upload your file a screen will pop up asking if you want to submit it a rough draft or final draft. Select rough draft.

Awesome, I was hoping it would be something simple. Thanks for that information!
[-] The following 2 users Like lidel's post:
  • OTmina, ss20ts
(01-18-2022, 01:23 PM)lidel Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 12:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

S

Awesome, I was hoping it would be something simple. Thanks for that information!
How many drafts can student submit for professor inputs before sending the final paper?
(09-08-2022, 03:00 PM)fmsoa Wrote: How many drafts can student submit for professor inputs before sending the final paper?

There is 1 rough draft. Then the professor responds with what changes need to be made. You make the changes and then submit your final submission.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir, DolceDolce, Mr T

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 224 11 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 157 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 5 133 Yesterday, 12:35 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 139 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 274 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 269 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,529 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,447 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 481 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 354 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77