Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS
Thank you for this information. As someone who begins in Summer/2 (on July 3) I very much appreciate this information.

When asking for the next class- is that coordinated through Jessica?

Thanks
[-] The following 1 user Likes GRHODES1's post:
  • Blkqueen8
(05-14-2023, 03:51 PM)GRHODES1 Wrote: Thank you for this information.  As someone who begins in Summer/2 (on July 3) I very much appreciate this information.

When asking for the next class- is that coordinated through Jessica?  

Thanks

Yes. You should have received a degree evaluation PDF in your email from Jessica. It lists out what courses you have left to complete. She also emailed you an email address to use for adding classes. You send an email following the instructions in that email to request which course you want to add.
I am wondering how people able to pass classes in a few days or less than a week? What strategy they applied? Is it by studying 8 hours or more daily?
(06-29-2023, 05:13 PM)ishady Wrote: I am wondering how people able to pass classes in a few days or less than a week? What strategy they applied? Is it by studying 8 hours or more daily?

Prior knowledge comes into play for some. It takes time to read the course material and write the paper/project. Every course has a different amount of material and the Final Assessments vary. The time it takes to complete a course varies for everyone. UMPI is a CBE program so it's designed for those who already have knowledge to succeed.
(11-05-2021, 10:55 PM)ashkir Wrote: UMPI Undergrads please don't make the mistake that others did by submitting a final without a draft. Yes, the draft will slow you down by a few days, but, it is worth it. Always submit a draft to get feedback before the final.

Education Tip: Once you submit your final draft, ASK for another class! Tell them "Hey I submitted my final for X, can I start on a new class now?" 

Education Tip 2: For multiple choice exams, don't rush to take them. Go to ALL the quizzes you took and purposely FAIL the quizzes, do this 3-4 times. UMPI rewords quiz questions and uses them in the final test bank.

Just about to start at UMPI. I'm not sure I'm understating tip 2 and what "rewords quiz questions" means. To clarify, are we to fail the quizzes 3-4 times because it's more likely those questions will be on the final test which becomes our final grade?
(06-30-2023, 04:27 PM)kliezert Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 10:55 PM)ashkir Wrote: UMPI Undergrads please don't make the mistake that others did by submitting a final without a draft. Yes, the draft will slow you down by a few days, but, it is worth it. Always submit a draft to get feedback before the final.

Education Tip: Once you submit your final draft, ASK for another class! Tell them "Hey I submitted my final for X, can I start on a new class now?" 

Education Tip 2: For multiple choice exams, don't rush to take them. Go to ALL the quizzes you took and purposely FAIL the quizzes, do this 3-4 times. UMPI rewords quiz questions and uses them in the final test bank.

Just about to start at UMPI. I'm not sure I'm understating tip 2 and what "rewords quiz questions" means. To clarify, are we to fail the quizzes 3-4 times because it's more likely those questions will be on the final test which becomes our final grade?

Many of the quiz questions have been reworded and used in the question pool for the exam in classes that have an exam for the Final Assessment. It's not more likely that those questions will be on the exam. Getting more questions to study from is key to a good grade on some of the exams. You'll need to study the quizzes along with the course material.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • kliezert
@kliezert, if you know the subject well enough and blasting through the quizzes with a perfect score, you really don't need to get anything wrong. It's a suggestion for those who may be new to the subject, this will allow them to review a bigger test bank to see how they're doing. People learn things differently...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • kliezert, SophiaPrincess

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,358 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 427 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 315 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 285 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 413 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,644 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 325 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 307 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 345 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 1,025 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567