Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW USER WGU DEGREE PLAN
I've been lurking this site for years, I'm finally in the right place to knock out a degree.

I've come up with a degree plan to eventually earn a degree from WGU. I would appreciate any feedback that I can get on this. I'm not set on going to WGU if somewhere else may be a better option. I looked to see if there was a maximum number of credits I could transfer in; I was unable to find an answer to that. 

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files
.xlsx   WGU IT Degree Plan.xlsx (Size: 18.89 KB / Downloads: 74)
I think it's 90 credits max at WGU. You are in the US right?
Do you have existing credit?
Saylor seems your favorite provider, have you tried it already? Some love, some don't. It is very cost friendly for sure.
Be sure to check out WGU academy, which is basically SL but on a different price plan.
You have to take 30cr at WGU, including any courses that are in the "can't be transferred in" section.

Be ready to ditch Saylor if you aren't liking it - some courses are good, some are terrible. I think the only one that is offered that can't be taken elsewhere is the Critical Thinking course.

I might finish English Comp I, and then see if WGU-Academy will let you take the A+ courses there - if you can finish in a month, it will save you a ton of time when you're ready to enroll at WGU, plus they pay for the A+ certs for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You'll save a bit more if you CLEP out of English Comp I&II, Applied Algebra, American Politics, Humanities, science, and Intro to IT using modernstates.org vouchers. Critical Thinking & Logic can be passed in a couple of days via WGU, so I wouldn't bother trying to bring that in. Same goes for the science lab.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(12-04-2019, 05:55 PM)melissarenee Wrote: I've been lurking this site for years, I'm finally in the right place to knock out a degree.

I've come up with a degree plan to eventually earn a degree from WGU. I would appreciate any feedback that I can get on this. I'm not set on going to WGU if somewhere else may be a better option. I looked to see if there was a maximum number of credits I could transfer in; I was unable to find an answer to that. 

Thank you in advance.

google it support professional - Networking 3 credits
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanting a masters degree for IT from WGU benon 10 871 01-21-2024, 04:13 AM
Last Post: benon
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,085 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Masters in HR - anyone accelerate through this degree? Whitepines 4 497 01-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Can you pause your degree? Learnsomestuff 9 1,036 11-17-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  BSIT TO MSITM Program - Should I take required Certs before enrolling in degree? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 2 372 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New degree in Supply Chain & Operations Management MNomadic 3 1,174 11-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Question about class line up for Software Engineering degree Omece 2 904 10-03-2023, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Omece
  Let's get WGU's CS degree for $5k nomaduser 6 1,481 03-11-2023, 03:19 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  15-year-old with master’s degree prepares for law school Imbanewbie 7 1,168 03-11-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU doctorate degree on the horizon? School putting out survey call for an EdD jsd 2 2,104 03-03-2023, 12:51 AM
Last Post: MNomadic