Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFA Q0137 Hydraulic Calculations for Water-Based Fire Protection NOT SHOWING ON TESU
I think I'll stick with the cybersecurity course from TEEX because I have already done one module in summer (so only two more to go). I didn't finish the course because it was taking time and I wasn't sure at the time how it would fit in my degree. Lesson learnt, do all the (free) classes you can and then worry, better to have more than less. I already took most of the mentioned easy courses (through my previous colleges). I need to do something that is quick so that I can send in the credits this week.
Studying for Cybersecurity course now. But I still don't understand one thing. When I finished the course from NFA I was able to add it to "my courses" using the then current date, and it is still showing there. Anyone thinks I can appeal it to them?
I imagine you finished it months ago before ACE fixed the error?

TESU isn't looking at when it was added to your ACE account, they are looking at your completion date and comparing it to what ACE now lists as the valid date range.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Yana Wrote:Studying for Cybersecurity course now. But I still don't understand one thing. When I finished the course from NFA I was able to add it to "my courses" using the then current date, and it is still showing there. Anyone thinks I can appeal it to them?

No, TESU didn't make the mistake, ACE did. There's no way TESU will give that to you.

But with so many free/cheap options available, I wouldn't stress over this 1cr. I would just plug away at whatever you decide to take, knowing that you're going to get your degree really soon. Do not let this bring you down!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just received a reply from ACE saying that occasionally courses don't show up and they will resend it for free. I am still gonna do the cybersecurity course just in case. The problem is that I am pressed for time with finishing up the capstone project and having other things going on. Let's see what TESU will say.
In case it's of interest to anyone, I received a reply from TESU regarding this. They said that the course was listed on the transcript but it was mentioned that credit was not recommended. They said I could contact ACE about it.
I finished the cybersecurity for everyone course (had to study day and night for a couple of days, thank God I had done one module prior to all this) and have sent in the transcripts just now.
Yana Wrote:In case it's of interest to anyone, I received a reply from TESU regarding this. They said that the course was listed on the transcript but it was mentioned that credit was not recommended. They said I could contact ACE about it.

As expected.

Congrats on having a backup and getting it done, though!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 277 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 247 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 671 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 539 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,382 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 700 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,174 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,861 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,491 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967