Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFA and ACE
I took the course and submitted it. When taking the course I have this information:

Q-137 Hydraulic Calculations for Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Plan Review
COURSE P137
Revision: 02/23/2009 11:10 AM America/New York

This revision takes place after the expiration of version one.... so maybe it is version two? Will let you know!

Another thought, maybe "revision one" = "first revision" and subsequently "version two", in other words revision 0 is version 1 (ie. revised 0 times?).
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
It worked! There is a third NFA course that ACE has approved for a credit! I took "revision one" evidently that is "version two". My proof is that ACE has taken this course for credit, it's already been verified by the NFA!

5. Hydraulic Calculations for Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Plan Review v.2 1/4/2010 1/4/2010 1/5/2010 APPROVED - SUBMITTED TO ACE FOR PROCESSING
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
this may work as well...

Q-297 Awareness of Command and Control Decision Making at Multiple Alarm Incidents
Item Summary

Item Summary

COURSE Q297 Go to Content
Remove from plan

Revision: 1 - 07/10/2007 12:00 AM America/New York
Description:

Length: Source: Contact:
CEUs: 1.5 ACE: Contact Hours:
Goals: Delivery Method:
Audience:

if anyone wants to give it a shot... and send it to ACE transcript to see if they approve processing

Command and Control Decision Making at Multi-ALARM Incidents
Former Title: Command and Control Decision Making at Multi-ALARM Incidents
ACE Transcript Data: NNFA-0043
Organization: National Emergency Training Center (NFA)
Version 4
Length: 63 hours (2 weeks).
Dates: October 2007 – Present
Description: 63 HRS. (2 WEEKS) STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO APPLY EFFECTIVE COMMAND AND CONTROL TECHNIQUES FOR MAJOR MULTI-ALARM INCIDENTS WHILE DEMONSTRATING PROFICIENCY IN UTILIZING THE INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM.
Objective: To provide fire officers to the Incident Command System (ICS) and proper fire command techniques for control and extinguishment of fires ganging multi-occupancy, commercial complexes, large transportation incidents, shopping malls, etc. Providing fire ground commanders with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes for commanding fire department operations during these MULTIPLE ALARM incidents.
Learning Outcome: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to demonstrate the proper command and control procedures necessary to bring MULTIPLE ALARM incidents to closure; and evaluate MULTIPLE hazards involving multifamily occupancies, hotels, commercial occupancies, large shopping malls, railroads, wild land, and high-rises.
Instruction: Major topics covered in course include Incident Command System (ICS) Operations organization, ICS Operations section organization for a multi-ALARM incident, Classical and Naturalistic Decision Making, the mechanics of performing simulations, walk-through simulation and resource availability. Methods of instruction include lecture, instructor led class discussions, videos, individual and small group activities, case studies, simulations, and review of materials.
Credit Recommendation: In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in Fire Service Management, Fire Administration, Fire Science or Public Administration (9/09).
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
I don't think this work unless you attended the resident course.

creationstory Wrote:this may work as well...

Q-297 Awareness of Command and Control Decision Making at Multiple Alarm Incidents
Item Summary

Item Summary

COURSE Q297 Go to Content
Remove from plan

Revision: 1 - 07/10/2007 12:00 AM America/New York
Description:

Length: Source: Contact:
CEUs: 1.5 ACE: Contact Hours:
Goals: Delivery Method:
Audience:

if anyone wants to give it a shot... and send it to ACE transcript to see if they approve processing

Command and Control Decision Making at Multi-ALARM Incidents
Former Title: Command and Control Decision Making at Multi-ALARM Incidents
ACE Transcript Data: NNFA-0043
Organization: National Emergency Training Center (NFA)
Version 4
Length: 63 hours (2 weeks).
Dates: October 2007 – Present
Description: 63 HRS. (2 WEEKS) STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO APPLY EFFECTIVE COMMAND AND CONTROL TECHNIQUES FOR MAJOR MULTI-ALARM INCIDENTS WHILE DEMONSTRATING PROFICIENCY IN UTILIZING THE INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM.
Objective: To provide fire officers to the Incident Command System (ICS) and proper fire command techniques for control and extinguishment of fires ganging multi-occupancy, commercial complexes, large transportation incidents, shopping malls, etc. Providing fire ground commanders with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes for commanding fire department operations during these MULTIPLE ALARM incidents.
Learning Outcome: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to demonstrate the proper command and control procedures necessary to bring MULTIPLE ALARM incidents to closure; and evaluate MULTIPLE hazards involving multifamily occupancies, hotels, commercial occupancies, large shopping malls, railroads, wild land, and high-rises.
Instruction: Major topics covered in course include Incident Command System (ICS) Operations organization, ICS Operations section organization for a multi-ALARM incident, Classical and Naturalistic Decision Making, the mechanics of performing simulations, walk-through simulation and resource availability. Methods of instruction include lecture, instructor led class discussions, videos, individual and small group activities, case studies, simulations, and review of materials.
Credit Recommendation: In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in Fire Service Management, Fire Administration, Fire Science or Public Administration (9/09).
My concern is that usually ACE defines that a course is "distance learning" and I see no such delineation here, so I'm afraid kujo may be correct. Anybody have any hard facts on this course? I'd love a free three credits! I'm all about free stuff.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
rickyjo Wrote:My concern is that usually ACE defines that a course is "distance learning" and I see no such delineation here, so I'm afraid kujo may be correct. Anybody have any hard facts on this course? I'd love a free three credits! I'm all about free stuff.

the other course said

Varies not online .. and that seemed to work... i'm still working on a few other courses and no time to try it out..
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Ricky,

First you will have to excuse me, i'm taking a break from studying for Prin of Marketing and didn't read the first page of this thread. With that, it has been my personal experience that just because something is ACE "approved" does not mean that it will be accepted by a school. I am speaking from personal experience with some hazmat and explosive courses I took through the military (though truthfully they didn't have any relation to my degree plan). I don't know where you are with your degree, nor what school you are seeking it through, but I would check with said school (this is just my opinion) to see if it would even be applicable for you before trying to battle with ACE.
Chris
~IYAOYAS!

DSSTs
Intro to Law Enforcement 57
Principals of Supervision 53
Organization Behavior 49
Human Resource Management 50
Intro to Business 53
Ethics in America 431
Art of the Western World 50

CLEP
College Mathematics 46

Saint Leo University, BA Criminal Justice Cum Laude (3.83)
Applying for Fall 10 Auburn University MBA
Thanks for the words of caution Smile

I have not yet submitted any of the credit I have earned to a school so taking ACE credit will be on my short list of qualifications for any school I attend.

Basically, whoever will give me the most and is properly accredited credit wins. I have no funding for college so I'm just doing what I can while I wait.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
rickyjo Wrote:I have no funding for college so I'm just doing what I can while I wait.

You know, I'm active duty in the military and I have to tell you, I wish more people I knew had this drive toward their education. I tip my hat to you and wish nothing but success for you, it def sounds like you will be successful at whatever school is lucky to have you.
Chris
~IYAOYAS!

DSSTs
Intro to Law Enforcement 57
Principals of Supervision 53
Organization Behavior 49
Human Resource Management 50
Intro to Business 53
Ethics in America 431
Art of the Western World 50

CLEP
College Mathematics 46

Saint Leo University, BA Criminal Justice Cum Laude (3.83)
Applying for Fall 10 Auburn University MBA
I'm grateful for your kind words! I really appreciate it.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS