Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT and SAT
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/us/univer...index.html

Don't know what to think of this, would like to hear pros and cons and everybody's opinion on this.
(09-02-2020, 04:50 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/us/univer...index.html

Don't know what to think of this, would like to hear pros and cons and everybody's opinion on this.

Makes perfect sense to me. These test do favor wealthy and non-disabled. They are not friends to people of color, the lower classes, and the disabled. Most people I know who did well on them were just excellent test takers and figured out their system. I mean you get points for putting your name on the test! Come on. I wouldn't be sad of these tests went away permanently everywhere.
I think it's great!
I am not a great test taker, but was in a class that taught students the specific breakdowns on the categories and questions in each section of the test, how to read in to the ways the questions were phrased, and other tips and tricks that definitely helped me score higher than I would have otherwise. Not everyone gets those classes.
I really can't think of any cons to this.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
Hmmm, I'm not sure what is going on with all the dots since the original message had content and the message doesn't show that it has been edited. I am considering just restoring the original post.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(09-03-2020, 07:56 PM)Merlin Wrote: Hmmm, I'm not sure what is going on with all the dots since the original message had content and the message doesn't show that it has been edited. I am considering just restoring the original post.

It is pretty strange, looks like some Lacedonia post was converted to ".........", even old posts that was not able to being edited...
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Big Grin 
(09-03-2020, 08:18 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 07:56 PM)Merlin Wrote: Hmmm, I'm not sure what is going on with all the dots since the original message had content and the message doesn't show that it has been edited. I am considering just restoring the original post.

It is pretty strange, looks like some Lacedonia post was converted to ".........", even old posts that was not able to being edited...

Maybe one of the moderators that hates CNN went rogue  Big Grin
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Rustydroid, SteveFoerster