Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NationsUniversity ACE Credit
I was wondering if any NationsU graduates could tell me if they accept ACE credit? I emailed my advisor about ACE and my WES evaluated credits and she said they accept WES credits, I was wondering if they also accept credits also cause she dint answer that question she just said they accept credits from "an accredited university". I hope I can take the rest of the year and wrap it up.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

i have about 110 credits on my ACE transcript and NationsU told me last week they'll take 18 of them. they also mentioned that they felt this number was generous, and apparently they prefer something called NACES, which I have never heard of

as far as I can tell, the only thing they're accepting is stuff i did with a local jr college. nothing from study.com, shmoop, TECEPs, TESU, etc

oh yeah, i asked if i could call and talk to my advisor and she said she works from home and doesn't use her personal phone for college business, so that's a no on that too
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 2 users Like jsh1138's post:
  • Prof.Gringo, StoicJ
I guess their restrictive transfer policy is a distraction technique so you don't notice that they're not regionally accredited.
@jsh1138 Hmmm I figured so because the program is very heavy on the religious courses and not much gen ed. I'm wondering if I should finish the program it seems like too much work to be honest at this point. I have some B&M credits that were evaluated by WES. NACES is like WES. I may do a masters instead when I finish my BALS.

@cookderosa haha that is a good perspective. I know they're not RA but I dont have to pay a dime and for religion its not as important. If they were RA though it would be nice. I guess I can do a few courses with them and get them transferred elswhere for a BA in Religion or something.

Its just like UOP I started their program but hate the semester format and at the time they dint take ACE anyone else know any free programs that take ACE?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Prof.Gringo
Nations is a small operation, and I believe it was started by people who don't have much experience in higher education. Someone who has worked in an administrative position at a college would have likely heard of ACE partnerships because their school was a partner. A for-profit company would have the money to research alternative sources of credit for their target market. Nations could simply not be fully aware of what ACE is and how it works. When they started, they mainly focused on international students in developing countries and prison inmates. ACE is not really relevant to them.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-24-2018, 09:03 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @jsh1138 Hmmm I figured so because the program is very heavy on the religious courses and not much gen ed. I'm wondering if I should finish the program it seems like too much work to be honest at this point. I have some B&M credits that were evaluated by WES. NACES is like WES. I may do a masters instead when I finish my BALS.

@cookderosa haha that is a good perspective. I know they're not RA but I dont have to pay a dime and for religion its not as important. If they were RA though it would be nice. I guess I can do a few courses with them and get them transferred elswhere for a BA in Religion or something.

Its just like UOP I started their program but hate the semester format and at the time they dint take ACE anyone else know any free programs that take ACE?

I'm going to finish it anyway, tbh. I was just surprised. But its cheap as it can be and you work at your own pace so I don't mind it
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(06-24-2018, 09:03 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @cookderosa haha that is a good perspective. I know they're not RA but I dont have to pay a dime and for religion its not as important. If they were RA though it would be nice. I guess I can do a few courses with them and get them transferred elswhere for a BA in Religion or something.

Free is certainly my favorite price, so if you're attending for free, I'm a fan. It's unlikely, however, that their credits would be accepted elsewhere- you should just finish your degree with them. It's easier finding a master's program (if you want one) that will allow you to count this type of degree as meeting admissions requirements than it is to find an RA college willing to accept transfer credit.
I believe Mac Lynn, the founder of NationsUniversity, is/was a professor at Lipscomb University and a couple other colleges.
NationsUniversity isn't as free as it used to be if you live in a listed developed country. In getting national accreditation they have made the school quite difficult by piling on the busy work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old Guy's post:
  • Prof.Gringo
(06-25-2018, 10:16 AM)Old Guy Wrote: I believe Mac Lynn, the founder of NationsUniversity, is/was a professor at Lipscomb University and a couple other colleges.
NationsUniversity isn't as free as it used to be if you live in a listed developed country.  In getting national accreditation they have made the school quite difficult by piling on the busy work.

Which is exactly why I specifically said an administrative position. Most professors don't even know who accredits their college. I don't expect them to know what ACE is. My professors at Texas State don't even know what CLEP is. I know because I brought up the education of law enforcement officers in a few of my classes as well as the difference between NA and RA, which is another thing none of my professors or classmates knew anything about.

Me: Some law enforcement agencies don't recognize degrees from nationally accredited schools.
Professor: I didn't know that was a thing. Who accredits our school?
Me: Southern Association
Classmate: How do you know all of this?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-24-2018, 09:43 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 09:03 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @cookderosa haha that is a good perspective. I know they're not RA but I dont have to pay a dime and for religion its not as important. If they were RA though it would be nice. I guess I can do a few courses with them and get them transferred elswhere for a BA in Religion or something.

Free is certainly my favorite price, so if you're attending for free, I'm a fan.  It's unlikely, however, that their credits would be accepted elsewhere- you should just finish your degree with them.  It's easier finding a master's program (if you want one) that will allow you to count this type of degree as meeting admissions requirements than it is to find an RA college willing to accept transfer credit.

go knockoff a liquor store and the tuition will be free.

1. Prison students. Students incarcerated in the U.S. are eligible for a 100% discount on tuition. Registration fees are due at the time of official registration.  Graduation fees are due at the end of the student’s program and prior to awarding a certificate or degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank.f.franky's post:
  • StoicJ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 948 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 501 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 823 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,787 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,519 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,880 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,023 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby
  Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit MNomadic 1 933 01-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Education and alternative credit platforms Londinium7 0 616 10-31-2022, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Londinium7