Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MORE Self Paced classes and MOOCS
Self paced and credit worthy classes. I didn't do a full search on this, but I found a few sites that I wanted to share. I am not sure if someonee else already posted them, sorry for the dup.

I am not in the mood to do any review right now, but I looked at Utexas, anthropology class there is a $550 fee for it. Most of the classes also seem to be general ed. I've also attached an article link from the Sun, U of Maryland THAT accepts about 10 MOOC courses from UDACITY and Coursera. I am sure the exams have to be proctored.

U of Texas at Austin, University Extension
Self-paced Online College Credit Courses Overview :: University Extension, The University of Texas at Austin

Free Online Courses for College Credit Toward A Degree | MOOC2Degree.com

Maryland college offering credit for massive open online courses - Baltimore Sun
Aimée
Goal: BA in Liberal Arts and ASBA in Business Administration @ TESC
In progress:
Liberal Capstone (finishing Dec 2014)
Clep Marketing (Sched 11/7)
DSST Ethics in America (Sched 11/7)

Completed:
CLEP 12: Eng Comp; Computer Applications
Straighterline 81 credits, 27 classes: Accounting 1 & 2; Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2: Business Communications; Business Ethics; Business Law; Anthropology; Economics 1 & 2; Biology; Business; Environmental Sciences; Nutrition; Philosophy; Religions; Sociology; Organizational Behavior; Principles Management; US History 1 & 2; Western Civilization 1 & 2; Microbiology; Medical Terminology; Psychology; Criminal Justice
TEEX 6 credits: ALL
ALEKS 12/18 credits: Inter & Col Algebra; PreCalculus; all 3 statistics
BM 13: ENG 1, Legal Terminology, Stategic Thinking, Info Lit
FEMA 30 credits: completed in 2012 and 2013 ( too bad they won't transfer now, waited too long)
Kaplan 3 : PLA
I just read this today on the ACE website; apparently ace is reviewing some courses by Udacity for credit. The list is:
  • Developmental Math (Pre-Algebra) (Math 6L)
  • College Algebra (Math 8)
  • Elementary Statistics (Statistics 95)
  • Introduction to Computer Science (CS 101)
According to the article, an announcement of credit is to be made in November. This could be a possible replacement for ALEKS if they don't get re-accredited.

ACE to Forge New Ground in MOOC Evaluation and Research Effort
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:I just read this today on the ACE website; apparently ace is reviewing some courses by Udacity for credit. The list is:
  • Developmental Math (Pre-Algebra) (Math 6L)
  • College Algebra (Math 8)
  • Elementary Statistics (Statistics 95)
  • Introduction to Computer Science (CS 101)
According to the article, an announcement of credit is to be made in November. This could be a possible replacement for ALEKS if they don't get re-accredited.

ACE to Forge New Ground in MOOC Evaluation and Research Effort

These courses won't be offered until Spring 2014, according to San Jose State U. posts improved online course results, but Udacity partnership remains on pause | Inside Higher Ed.
OST Wrote:These courses won't be offered until Spring 2014, according to San Jose State U. posts improved online course results, but Udacity partnership remains on pause | Inside Higher Ed.

I'm not overly concerned with San Jose State's assesment, but rather this :"ACE will evaluate whether to recommend credit for successfully completing the stand-alone MOOCs." Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but it sounds more like ACE is evaluating the courses for credit on an ACE transcript and not in conjuction with SJSU.

Either way, the more options the better for us non-traditional learners.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 774 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 461 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 927 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Regionally Accredited Self Paced Courses for College Credit BMWGuinness 5 2,937 04-27-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 674 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PowerBi Classes ashkir 0 357 01-25-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  onlinedegree.com free classes? ece2001biz 6 957 01-20-2023, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Best Self-Paced Online Colleges Alpha 2 998 01-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Self paced physics I and II with lab dustyflyer 8 2,120 09-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Hometeacher628
  Any cheap of free Physical Education classes out there? mdel210201 4 868 09-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Alpha