Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearing the end!!!
So I am five tests away from completing my BS in Liberal Arts from Excelsior College and I am trying to decide what last two to take. I HAVE to pass History of the Soviet Union DSST, Money and Banking DSST and World Conflict since the 1900 UEXCEL but I'm and trying to figure out the last two. I have already taken the following. Any help would be great.

CLEP
Analyze & Interpreting Literature 
College Mathematics 
Social Sciences
Natural Sciences

US History I
US History II
Western Civ I
Chemistry
Biology
American Government
Humanities
Intro to Sociology
College Algebra

DSST
History of the Vietnam War
Civil War and Reconstruction 
I am going to be of no help but congratulations on nearing the end!
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
Do you need upper or lower level credits for the last 2 tests?
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

If you're studying for the World Conflicts UExcel, the Western Civilization II CLEP should have a decent amount of overlap
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(12-19-2018, 04:37 PM)quigongene Wrote: Do you need upper or lower level credits for the last 2 tests?

Lower Level only. The only upper level courses Excelsior will take is Money and Banking, and the History of the Soviet Union.
First recommendation: Know a language? French, German, or Spanish? If so, take the CLEP for one of those and you're done as each language can give you 3-9 credits, depending on the score you get.

Second, a question: Which CLEP's haven't you taken? The CLEP/DSST list you have provided add up to 15 courses, and if you add the 3 you're going to take, that's 18. What courses have you transferred into Excelsior? We don't want to provide recommendations that duplicate anything.

Third, find any CLEP/MS combo that is still available that you haven't taken or that doesn't duplicate what you have taken already. Just choose any one of those that you have some minor interest in, as it's a free exam because of the ModernStates.org vouchers that should still be available.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-19-2018, 07:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: First recommendation: Know a language? French, German, or Spanish? If so, take the CLEP for one of those and you're done as each language can give you 3-9 credits, depending on the score you get.

Second, a question: Which CLEP's haven't you taken? The CLEP/DSST list you have provided add up to 15 courses, and if you add the 3 you're going to take, that's 18.  What courses have you transferred into Excelsior?  We don't want to provide recommendations that duplicate anything.

Third, find any CLEP/MS combo that is still available that you haven't taken or that doesn't duplicate what you have taken already.  Just choose any one of those that you have some minor interest in, as it's a free exam because of the ModernStates.org vouchers that should still be available.

1) Unfortunately I don't know a language
2) all of the exams I have taken are on the list (even the ones I've failed), no courses transferred in. The rest of my credits come from my JST (work experience) so didnt have to take many classes to begin with
3) Modern States really doesn't apply to my situation (all first attempts at tests are DANTES funded)
Even with DANTES funded DSST/CLEP you can use Modern State as a study guide I did

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Ah, so you're a service person! Thank you for your service (army, navy, marines, whatever it may be). Excelsior is a great choice for a BALS, I would still recommend seeing the "official evaluation". I would recommend doing the easiest exams from CLEP if you look at past exam pass rates.

The evaluation should note what courses you still require, is it an arts/sciences LL that is required? From looking at your previous exams, you should take the following two CLEPS to finish off the degree requirements. 1) Information Systems, it's an easy exam if you know some computers. 2) Introductory Psychology since you took the Sociology one, this is the closest exam from their list.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Intro to law enforcement is fairly easy to study for
Fundamentals of counseling is interesting, but a little more difficult to study for
Ethics in America was easy to study for