Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need 12cr of BIO & CHEM
Not sure why everyone is assuming that you need a bunch of lab credits - you said that you only need 12cr of Bio & Chem, no lab required, and the only reason you're getting a lab is because COSC requires one for the GE.

SO, my advice is:
1) Bio 101: at Study.com, it will be an extra $40 for the virtual lab
2) Any other Bio or Chem non-lab courses at Study.com (check with work to see which ones will work):
BIO 102: Basic Genetics
BIO 103: Microbiology
BIO 105: Anatomy & Physiology
BIO 106: Pathophysiology
CHEM 101: General Chemistry

3) And all of your GE's at Sophia while they're free. I'd do this first after planning out your bio & chem courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you so much! Do I need to pay a fee each semester till graduation? I’m just thinking it might take me a while to finish the other 18 credits I’ll need outside the Science courses on study.com. Not sure if I should take that 1 credit class before or after I finish everything else.

(04-18-2020, 06:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Not sure why everyone is assuming that you need a bunch of lab credits - you said that you only need 12cr of Bio & Chem, no lab required, and the only reason you're getting a lab is because COSC requires one for the GE.

SO, my advice is:
1) Bio 101: at Study.com, it will be an extra $40 for the virtual lab
2) Any other Bio or Chem non-lab courses at Study.com (check with work to see which ones will work):
     BIO 102: Basic Genetics
     BIO 103: Microbiology
     BIO 105: Anatomy & Physiology
     BIO 106: Pathophysiology
     CHEM 101: General Chemistry

3) And all of your GE's at Sophia while they're free.  I'd do this first after planning out your bio & chem courses.
That makes sense. I’m wondering though if just taking three courses with labs would be easier/faster than taking more classes to make up that three credit deficit. At the same time, if I can go with Pierpoint and take a 1credit course there to get a transcript, I don’t need any labs at all.
(04-18-2020, 06:09 PM)Faceparade Wrote: Thank you so much! Do I need to pay a fee each semester till graduation? I’m just thinking it might take me a while to finish the other 18 credits I’ll need outside the Science courses on study.com. Not sure if I should take that 1 credit class before or after I finish everything else.

Before doing this, I would find out from your work if an A.A.S. would be acceptable, or if you need an A.S. or A.A.  They are not the same.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-18-2020, 06:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 06:09 PM)Faceparade Wrote: Thank you so much! Do I need to pay a fee each semester till graduation? I’m just thinking it might take me a while to finish the other 18 credits I’ll need outside the Science courses on study.com. Not sure if I should take that 1 credit class before or after I finish everything else.

Before doing this, I would find out from your work if an A.A.S. would be acceptable, or if you need an A.S. or A.A.  They are not the same.

The requirement is either an Associates OR 60 semester credits from an RA school. Both have to have the combo BIO CHEM 12 credits.
(04-18-2020, 06:31 PM)Faceparade Wrote:

The requirement is either an Associates OR 60 semester credits from an RA school. Both have to have the combo BIO CHEM 12 credits.

If any associates will do, then my plan of the Bio & Chem credits from Study.com combined with the Pierpont 1cr course would be fine then.  I'd do it.
(04-18-2020, 06:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 06:31 PM)Faceparade Wrote:

If any associates will do, then my plan of the Bio & Chem credits from Study.com combined with the Pierpont 1cr course would be fine then.  I'd do it.

Any suggestions on a 1cr course?
Yes. This one: https://rand.wvnet.edu:9096/PIERPROD/bwc...n_in=31031

It is the shortest class only a month long. They don't have a lot of one-credit courses during the summer. I believe the others are all anatomy labs which might require anatomy.

If you wait until fall they have some career exploration and information literacy type classes that are 1 credit. But for the summer the class I listed above is your only option. It starts May 18th so you better hurry.

You check for yourself by looking up courses on the pierpont website. In the search box type "web-based online" for where it says course format and under credit range section put "1 to 1" Just go to the Pierpont website and then click academics and then course schedules.
(04-18-2020, 07:11 PM)natshar Wrote: Yes. This one: https://rand.wvnet.edu:9096/PIERPROD/bwc...n_in=31031

It is the shortest class only a month long. They don't have a lot of one-credit courses during the summer. I believe the others are all anatomy labs which might require anatomy.

If you wait until fall they have some career exploration and information literacy type classes that are 1 credit. But for the summer the class I listed above is your only option. It starts May 18th so you better hurry.

You check for yourself by looking up courses on the pierpont website. In the search box type "web-based online" for where it says course format and under credit range section put "1 to 1"  Just go to the Pierpont website and then click academics and then course schedules.
Perfect, I just applied for the school. I’ll keep my eye out for a response so I can sign up.
I filled out a spreadsheet, I’m going to send it over to Nancy at Pierpoint for review. Preliminarily, how does it look?

Attached Files
.xlsx   Pierpont BOG AAS.xlsx (Size: 59.45 KB / Downloads: 13)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone done the SDC Chem 111L course? alab21 9 2,080 03-25-2021, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mcorye91
  Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry lem5283 6 5,962 05-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Rubinamulla
  Are there any sources for Cell Biology, Biology I/II, Chem I/II, Organic Chem I/II? Pelican 4 1,534 03-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: icampy
  Saylor's Intro Chem. & Intro. to Molecular and Cellular Bio. no longer ACE-approved! Nightmoves5 10 2,243 06-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  SL: Chem Lab ******!!!! jadae@wgu.edu 25 3,589 05-29-2017, 05:10 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Straighterline Chem Review jadae@wgu.edu 2 3,722 05-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Last Post: jadae@wgu.edu
  SL Chem II jadae@wgu.edu 1 855 04-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: dfrecore