Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need 5 traditional credit hours, recommendations?
Everything at ONU would be gen ed. I think that finite math would be the quickest because there shouldn't be any papers to write. If it absolutely must come from that list, oral communications should be the same as public speaking. World literature might come in as ENGL200 - Composition and Literature. But you might want to talk to an advisor about that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thank you for your reply. It has to be from that list. I just lack 1 class here. I will call an advisor in the morning and see if they can so from the oral communication would transfer in.

Thanks again,
Huero
Apus got back to me. They advised that ONU com105 oral communication will work for the final gen-Ed requirement. It doesn’t transfer as an equivalent for public speaking, but it will meet the requirement for a comm/eng gen-Ed credit with APUS. So, I can either take ONU com105 oral communication, or TEL COMM1103 intro to comms through MACU.

Rachel, do you recommend ONU over TEL for this type of public speaking class?

Thanks,
Huero
Personally, I would choose ONU over TEL because TEL has two proctored exams in addition to all of the other work. On the other hand, if you're the type of person who prefers exams, then TEL would be for you.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I posted it in other threat. ONU has Mastery assessment which is not graded unless u pay 50$/cr. So its not free if u dont like ur grade. U pay anyway otherwise they dont grade Mastery assessment (60% of final grade). So u pay for course no matter what
Thank you!
Just attempted to apply to ONU Your Way. Am I to understand that you need transcripts just to apply to take a course?

If so, does anyone know if they'll accept something like Acclaim/Credly, or do you have to pay for a transcript from an actual institution?
(04-20-2021, 08:55 AM)ctcarl Wrote: Just attempted to apply to ONU Your Way.  Am I to understand that you need transcripts just to apply to take a course?

If so, does anyone know if they'll accept something like Acclaim/Credly, or do you have to pay for a transcript from an actual institution?

They will accept an unofficial transcript for this purpose. I used my unofficial ASU transcript and it was fine.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Hello all,

I have just kept my head down at APUS and I have a few more weeks in one class before I can enroll in the senior seminar to finish a bachelors. However, I still have to get these three hours for a gen-ed english/communitcations credit. Last year, I started the ONU COM105, but I had to have a couple surgeries and I struggled with the software interface. I probably only completed 10% or 12%. Has there been any new options for traditional RA credits in english/communications lately?

I need something to transfer in for the for the list below. However, APUS seems pretty reasonable about the transfer credits. I mean ONU COM105 transfers in with no equivalent, but still meets the 3 hours I need for this gen-ed requirement.

Thank you guys for all your help, advise and suggestions. I am very grateful for those willing to share their knowledge to help others.

Respectfully,
Jared LeBlanc

COMM200 - Public Speaking

COMM285 - Interpersonal Communications

ENGL101 - Proficiency in Writing

ENGL220 - Technical Writing

ENGL221 - Scientific Writing

HRMT101 - Human Relations Communication

IRLS200 - Information Literacy and Global Citizenship

ITCC231 - Introduction to Information Technology Writing

LSTD205 - Legal Research and Writing

MGMT100 - Human Relations
ONU is still the best RA option as far as cost & ease goes.

Do you have any room to transfer in any non-RA credits? Saylor has Technical Writing, and it appears that APUS accepts it as ENGL220: https://www.apu.apus.edu/transfer-credit...coursework Saylor isn't the easiest, but each exam is only $5.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 574 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 416 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
Wink Fast RA Credit Options User7364 9 841 01-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Recommendations Needed for an online Artificial Intelligence certification or degree xspect 11 1,015 12-01-2023, 01:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Mature student seeks help with college credit/bypassing courses. Psychology oriented. Cyath 27 2,422 11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Getting into a traditional PHD program after degree hacking? deuil 7 1,028 11-04-2023, 11:58 AM
  Non-Traditional Law school route. AlvinG 32 3,550 08-20-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: AlvinG
  Self Paced RA credit for English Literature? rlw74 4 737 06-11-2023, 02:07 AM
  TESU - credit questions kevinks 6 1,288 03-20-2023, 01:02 AM
Last Post: kevinks
  Need Credit Review/Advice for Pierpont BOG AAS Degree VP576 7 1,153 02-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Insert Name